PDA

View Full Version : Spillers long screen for a TD called back.....

Thief
12-09-2013, 08:27 AM
That penalty was on WR Woods, not the center Woods. The refs made an announcement just to get the number right. They announced it was number 10. If you watch the reply the guy Woods was blocking HAD WOODS' JERSEY! Woods didnt hold him at all! that guy had Woods Jersey! That damn long ass TD that would have actually turned it into a game was called back over NOTHING!

Now, I am a ref. Literally. You do not make a call unless you see it for sure. I would sure as **** like to know what that guy was looking at.

Thief
12-09-2013, 08:29 AM
There were actually so many horrible calls and no calls I cant even begin to list them. I thoughts last weeks refs were horrible but this was just as bad or worse.

Historian
12-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Hate to see a great effort be wiped out like that....for anybody!

TigerJ
12-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Just to clarify, the center is Wood. The receiver is Woods.

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2013, 05:59 AM
The announcers were idiots as well... They kept insisting it was Eric even after the ref. said it was #10.

GingerP
12-10-2013, 06:29 AM
I went back and watched it, and it wasn't a terrible call. I blame Woods, who initially had position on Revis, but grabbed him as Revis tried to go around him to try to make the play. He grabbed Revis arm and pulled to keep him from diving at Spiller. I have some screen shots I'll try to upload if I can.

Thief
12-10-2013, 07:13 AM
I went back and watched it, and it wasn't a terrible call. I blame Woods, who initially had position on Revis, but grabbed him as Revis tried to go around him to try to make the play. He grabbed Revis arm and pulled to keep him from diving at Spiller. I have some screen shots I'll try to upload if I can.He was not grabbing Revis's arm. He had his hand on Revis's arm. He wasn't "holding" it. It was Revis who's outstretched arm had a fist full of Woods Jersey.

Thief
12-10-2013, 07:15 AM
The announcers were idiots as well... They kept insisting it was Eric even after the ref. said it was #10.
OMG yeah. I was even more annoyed when they couldnt understand the overturned Tampa TD. They kept saying stuff like "well I guess the refs decide the heel came down prior to the second toe." The ref clearly announced even if the toe lands in, the heel must be in bounds too (unless a second step it taken).

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2013, 07:17 AM
OMG yeah. I was even more annoyed when they couldnt understand the overturned Tampa TD. They kept saying stuff like "well I guess the refs decide the heel came down prior to the second toe." The ref clearly announced even if the toe lands in, the heel must be in bounds too (unless a second step it taken).

I was cursing at them very much during this portion. What did they not understand about the call, it was 10000% clear.

GingerP
12-10-2013, 08:35 AM
He was not grabbing Revis's arm. He had his hand on Revis's arm. He wasn't "holding" it. It was Revis who's outstretched arm had a fist full of Woods Jersey.

Woods was holding onto Revis' arm, keeping him from going toward Spiller as Revis went around him. It looked like he was holding him back, otherwise I'm not sure what was keeping Revis from moving in that direction as he spun around. I understand the call from the way it looked, it certainly wasn't terrible.

Thief
12-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Woods was holding onto Revis' arm, keeping him from going toward Spiller as Revis went around him. It looked like he was holding him back, otherwise I'm not sure what was keeping Revis from moving in that direction as he spun around. I understand the call from the way it looked, it certainly wasn't terrible.
Revis only spun around becasue he was holding Woods jersey. It was in no way no how any way what so ever a hold. I literally am a ref and I would NEVER have called that a hold. a WR is definitely 100% allowed to push a guys arm during a run.

Thief
12-10-2013, 08:54 AM
The ref who made the call was back peddling, 30 yards away and couldnt even see the action becasue the wide receiver was between the ref and Revis. It was entirely a result of a ref trying to look smart and looking for a place to throw a flag just to show he was "on top of things". I have seen that plenty of times. Sometimes when a wing guy steps inside to ump (the ref who lines up by the linebackers) and doesn't have much experience there he will throw flags more experienced guys wouldn't just to make it look like he is doing something.

Thief
12-10-2013, 08:56 AM
There was probably 2 other officials on that field with a better view that the guy who threw it. His priority on that play was the football. He should have been watching it the entire time and only took his eyes off the ball carrier if he was right on the sidelines (to look at his feet) to see if he stepped out.

GingerP
12-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Revis only spun around becasue he was holding Woods jersey. It was in no way no how any way what so ever a hold. I literally am a ref and I would NEVER have called that a hold. a WR is definitely 100% allowed to push a guys arm during a run.

If he wasn't holding on to Revis, then Revis could have made an attempt to tackle Spiller. He didn't, he just kept spinning around. Either way, with Woods hands on Spiller and Revis not trying to tackle it sure looked like he was being held back. Woods held onto him to keep him from moving in that direction.

You are just seeing what you want to see because the Bills lost. There are bad calls in every game, but that wasn't worth complaining about. In the end, the Bills lost because they were -3 on turnovers and pathetic on offense, with an anemic 214 yards of offense (3.5 yards per play) and 1/11 converting 3rd downs. To think the refs cost them the game in any way is dumb.

Thief
12-10-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't think the refs cost them the game. I know the refs cost them an 83 yard passing TD. Where is this screenshot anyways? I hope it is the clear view from behind the play. The one where you can see Woods pushing Revis' arm while Revis grabs his jersey and attempts to "spin" back into the play.

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't think the refs cost them the game. I know the refs cost them an 83 yard passing TD. Where is this screenshot anyways? I hope it is the clear view from behind the play. The one where you can see Woods pushing Revis' arm while Revis grabs his jersey and attempts to "spin" back into the play.

The refs didnt, but penalties (some warranted, some not) really changed the game for us.

GingerP
12-10-2013, 09:32 AM
I'll see if I can do this, I had to upload them somewhere to link them:

Revis puts out his arm to hold off Woods as he moves toward Spiller:

http://s868.photobucket.com/user/gingerpacct/media/Hold1_zps763b356b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

As he spins around Woods holds onto the arm, keeping him away from Spiller:

http://s868.photobucket.com/user/gingerpacct/media/Hold2_zps1079cef7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

That was basically the same view the ref had, and he threw the flag when he saw him holding onto the arm.

Thief
12-10-2013, 09:52 AM
OK, no pic uploaded. If you are posting screenshots from the view the ref had then you are posting a horrible view. The other angle on the reply showed it clear as day.

justasportsfan
12-10-2013, 09:59 AM
This years officiating league wise makes the replacement refs look like pros.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2013, 06:55 AM
The refs didnt, but penalties (some warranted, some not) really changed the game for us.

The Bills have 92 penalties on Defense this year. All of last year they had 80.