Marrone's presser... Changes are coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Marrone's presser... Changes are coming?

He was pretty clear that he will be playing some guys because he wants to see who can win.

Not much of a leap to then look at who he's talking about as coming in and then look at who may be headed out the door.

Unga- We bring him in to get snaps at RG. We already know LG is an issue. Urbik may very well be under fire as well. I feel like Urbik is decent but if we want an upgrade and are willing to get a legit upgrade, that's a good thing.

Gragg and the signing of Moeaki- Chandler is a UFA but I think he's very much on the outs and probably gone. He doesn't fit the fast paced offense they want to run. A guy like Eric Ebron might be ideal in this offense.

Summers- Interesting move here. They want to see another FB. Summers may have fallen out of favor. Rodriguez may be a stop gap. A UFA is probably the most likely route for a replacement but the draft isn't out of the question.

Goodwin- Marrone says he wants him playing more. Then says Graham is progressing. I think Stevie and/or Graham are very much on the hot seat. I want to see us get bigger, stronger, and still have speed. I don't necessarily want possession receivers if they are slow. But if they are still productive like Mike Evans for example fine. Having size, bulk, and speed would be ideal like with Moncrief or even Watkins and Lee over Graham.

McKelvin- Had only good things to say despite his fumbles and coverage issues. I think he likes him for some reason.

It will not shock me to see Stevie, Chandler, and Graham all gone along with Summers. I felt this year could be an eval year and that's why we didn't spend much cap. And if some big players get sent packing I'd hope we make some big moves in FA but we may not. Regardless, I think Marrone is serving notice that you better show you're a tough minded competitor who's going to play out this year full steam or you may be gone.

Stevie has been my favorite player since the SB years. But, I'm not sure it's wise to pay that much for a slot receiver with the dropsies. I'd rather go size and sure hands for less money. Then add a stud play-maker at the outside opposite Woods.

Chandler is gone. I bet we look early in FA or the draft for a receiving threat at TE.

I think LG and possibly RG are very much spots where you will see change at the starting position. Wouldn't surprise me is even RT is up for grabs.
    Last edited by X-Era; 12-10-2013, 05:04 PM.

• ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Marrone's presser... Changes are coming?

Westerman is gone and Meeks is activated. Kaufman was brought back in and signed to the practice squad. Unga will play more. I think this offseason is going to be more interesting than most.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
        Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
        Ain't that the truth.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Exactly what I thought this year would be. Never thought playoffs. Thats why Im willing to give it a second year to see how the direction of this team looks.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Brandon Pettigrew
            Michael Oher

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Chandler signed his own death warrant with that fumble in Toronto. I think he was already on the outs and that was the last straw.

Unfortunately, I doubt Stevie is going anywhere.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

I think LG and possibly RG are very much spots where you will see change at the starting position. Wouldn't surprise me is even RT is up for grabs.
                The only guys assured spots for 2014 are obviously Glenn and Wood. Maybe Urbik will stick just because we already need a guard after letting Levitre walk and not replacing him. Pears isn't anything special and I could see us drafting one next year.

That's why I thought it was laughable when some claimed we had one of the best OL in the NFL going into this season. The only reason why they thought that was because of all the quick passes/decisions that Fitzpatrick made and that Gailey had a good run blocking scheme to get Spiller loose. They weren't any good at holding their pass blocks for long last year and is even worse this season. The loss of Levitre didn't help any.

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  Brandon Pettigrew
                  Michael Oher
                  You must have seen the movie right ? The one were he hasn't given up 9 sacks in 13 games.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    He was pretty clear that he will be playing some guys because he wants to see who can win.

Not much of a leap to then look at who he's talking about as coming in and then look at who may be headed out the door.

Unga- We bring him in to get snaps at RG. We already know LG is an issue. Urbik may very well be under fire as well. I feel like Urbik is decent but if we want an upgrade and are willing to get a legit upgrade, that's a good thing.

Gragg and the signing of Moeaki- Chandler is a UFA but I think he's very much on the outs and probably gone. He doesn't fit the fast paced offense they want to run. A guy like Eric Ebron might be ideal in this offense.

Summers- Interesting move here. They want to see another FB. Summers may have fallen out of favor. Rodriguez may be a stop gap. A UFA is probably the most likely route for a replacement but the draft isn't out of the question.

Goodwin- Marrone says he wants him playing more. Then says Graham is progressing. I think Stevie and/or Graham are very much on the hot seat. I want to see us get bigger, stronger, and still have speed. I don't necessarily want possession receivers if they are slow. But if they are still productive like Mike Evans for example fine. Having size, bulk, and speed would be ideal like with Moncrief or even Watkins and Lee over Graham.

McKelvin- Had only good things to say despite his fumbles and coverage issues. I think he likes him for some reason.

It will not shock me to see Stevie, Chandler, and Graham all gone along with Summers. I felt this year could be an eval year and that's why we didn't spend much cap. And if some big players get sent packing I'd hope we make some big moves in FA but we may not. Regardless, I think Marrone is serving notice that you better show you're a tough minded competitor who's going to play out this year full steam or you may be gone.

Stevie has been my favorite player since the SB years. But, I'm not sure it's wise to pay that much for a slot receiver with the dropsies. I'd rather go size and sure hands for less money. Then add a stud play-maker at the outside opposite Woods.

Chandler is gone. I bet we look early in FA or the draft for a receiving threat at TE.

Unga getting playing time tells me we need to find ourself a LG. I don't mind giving Unga a chance as Legursky is a career backup.

Gragg/Moecki are getting a look to see how high a priority we have at TE this offseason. Now I rank it #1 offseason need for improvement. The question can either of these guys step up as a #1 or are they going to be a #3. I doubt he gets the franchise tag but I'd make a big play for DENNIS PITTA in UFA.

Summers is a traditional FB and has played well in his role. Rodriguez is an H-back type which could give the Bills a new wrinkle to the offense or another guy that EJ can start dumping off to and maybe give matchup problems. See Charles Clay in Miami type role.

Goodwin is better than I gave him credit for but he's nothing special in my eyes. The Bills need to find a #2 WR and no one has stepped up consistently. Graham has been invisible most of the season. Woods was good early on but never really produced of late because of the injury. He might be a guy that could be good in 2015.

McKelvin has shown we he's always shown great at keeping with his man but no ball skills. He's an okay #2 CB ideally I'd like to replace bring in a veteran to compete with him for the #2/3 CB Spot. Robey's been good but I don't know long term how good he's going to be.
                    Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-10-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                      Brandon Pettigrew
                      Michael Oher
                      Pettigrew is interesting. I think he's an upgrade to Chandler but not sure if he's a great passing threat I'd rank him maybe 4th among UFA TEs. My top guys are Graham (who will be franchised), Pitta, Olsen and than Pettigrew.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Steve johnson is gone after the year. Guy is a huge douche and I don't know the rookies learning from him. Marrone should cut him and let it be known that kind of attitude won't be tolerated.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                          Steve johnson is gone after the year. Guy is a huge douche and I don't know the rookies learning from him. Marrone should cut him and let it be known that kind of attitude won't be tolerated.
                          Who you going to replace him with?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            Who you going to replace him with?
                            Who cares. His attitude is a detriment to this team.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                              H to the 12:20
                              • Jul 2002

I like Stevie...as a number two. He just isn't reliable enough, let alone dominant enough, to be a good number one.

Comment

Working...
                              X