and trade WR Steve J and get Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Re: I wish Bills get OT draft next year

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              Him or Johnny football.
              I don't think Johnny Football is going to do real well and I'd prefer if some other team bets the farm on him to find out. He's going to blow Canadian football records to shreds though.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I'm not an advocate of drafting Johnny Manziel, but I think he could do well in the right system. He's got to have an offensive coordinator who's not going to get a migraine every time he ad libs, because that's what Manziel does. He's got to have an offensive coordinator who is willing to adapt and build an offensive system around Manziel's unique skill set. Personally, the higher Buffalo moves in the draft, the more I'm becoming and advocate of moving down. The more second and third round picks Buffalo can pick up the better. That's where you're going to find some good values at offensive guard, tight end, right tackle, and inside linebacker, not in the top ten.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Manziel > Tebow but I don't like either of them as NFL starting QBs.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                    I'm not an advocate of drafting Johnny Manziel, but I think he could do well in the right system. He's got to have an offensive coordinator who's not going to get a migraine every time he ad libs, because that's what Manziel does. He's got to have an offensive coordinator who is willing to adapt and build an offensive system around Manziel's unique skill set. Personally, the higher Buffalo moves in the draft, the more I'm becoming and advocate of moving down. The more second and third round picks Buffalo can pick up the better. That's where you're going to find some good values at offensive guard, tight end, right tackle, and inside linebacker, not in the top ten.
                    Ad libbing just doesn't work well in the NFL unless you are a tank like Big Ben with a cannon and height, or Peyton Manning with speed, smarts, cannon and height. Rodgers gets brutalized because he runs plays with self discipline, I don't think Brady ad libs much on purpose, or Brees either, but Brees used to practice throwing with a blindfold to a place and wasn't so full of himself to think he was all that.

Best wild card comparison might be Russell Wilson, who has more focus and discipline and is not so much about ad libbing, or Flutie, who always did great until people jumped up and down waving their arms and had linebackers sitting and waiting for the inevitably resulting scramble. Manziel doesn't look real disciplined and is going to meet some fast, big pro athletes and a big money lifestyle.

I'm with you though on moving down though unless they're intent on Mack or Mosley. This might be a good draft to stuff in a lot of early-to-middle round starters at a number of positions.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

I love Johnny football but the problem is we committed to a guy that can't run anymore & can't learn.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Taylor Lewan

Can we give EJ more than just a few games?

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by paladin warrior View Post
                          and trade WR Steve J and get Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans
                          This. I'd love either as replacements for Stevie. Evans is a huge target. He will make EJ look a lot less inaccurate. Watkins is probably the most polished and ready WR in this class. Both would serve as solid compliments to Woods and Goodwin. We'd be a well rounded TE from having a complete receiving corp.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            Ad libbing just doesn't work well in the NFL unless you are a tank like Big Ben with a cannon and height, or Peyton Manning with speed, smarts, cannon and height. Rodgers gets brutalized because he runs plays with self discipline, I don't think Brady ad libs much on purpose, or Brees either, but Brees used to practice throwing with a blindfold to a place and wasn't so full of himself to think he was all that.

Best wild card comparison might be Russell Wilson, who has more focus and discipline and is not so much about ad libbing, or Flutie, who always did great until people jumped up and down waving their arms and had linebackers sitting and waiting for the inevitably resulting scramble. Manziel doesn't look real disciplined and is going to meet some fast, big pro athletes and a big money lifestyle.

I'm with you though on moving down though unless they're intent on Mack or Mosley. This might be a good draft to stuff in a lot of early-to-middle round starters at a number of positions.
                            I have never once in my life heard Peyton Manning described as having "speed." I assume you mean he speeds through his reads or something.

And Manning never ad libs. He runs the play as its drawn up just about every time, which in some cases can be his downfall.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              I have never once in my life heard Peyton Manning described as having "speed." I assume you mean he speeds through his reads or something.

And Manning never ad libs. He runs the play as its drawn up just about every time, which in some cases can be his downfall.
                              Heh, made me laugh when I read it. No, he runs like the wind !

Yes I meant he's fast in reading defenses, the field, and reacting. In that sense I meant more that he's one of the few QB's who can get away with it. I don't really think Manning runs the play as drawn up every time. You get a progression, 1-2-3-4, dump it off or throw it away, he cycles through and back again quickly, 1 or 2 may have not been open, but are now, so.....

I really think his biggest downfall is his salary. His teams always have to skimp on something to afford him, might be the line, receivers, defense, etc. Always surprises me he doesn't seem to notice it, as all big bucks QB's don't seem to.

But oh he can run, Mister.

I'm laughing again.

Comment

Working...
                              X