PDA

View Full Version : Urbik on the outs?

Mahdi
12-11-2013, 07:36 AM
In Marrone's presser they talked about Unga getting playing time... Then they asked Marrone if Unga would get his playing time eventually at LG and Marrone said Unga would play at RG....

Seems to me Legursky is sticking on the left side and Urbik is losing playing time at RG. Unless he is moving Urbik to LG?

Did anyone see what happened when Unga came in the game last week?

Pinkerton Security
12-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I dont know the metrics but I dont think Legursky has been very good. No one has, except maybe Cordy. We need a serious upgrade at at least 3 of the spots IMO. I see no issue with moving some guys around to see what they can do.

OLDSRIP
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
In Marrone's presser they talked about Unga getting playing time... Then they asked Marrone if Unga would get his playing time eventually at LG and Marrone said Unga would play at RG....

Seems to me Legursky is sticking on the left side and Urbik is losing playing time at RG. Unless he is moving Urbik to LG?

Did anyone see what happened when Unga came in the game last week?

I heard that too. I got the impression it was due more to where Unga is comfortable.
Both spots need upgrade though.

coastal
12-11-2013, 12:55 PM
So does RT. Me and others have only been preaching about the O-line for decades.

SpikedLemonade
12-11-2013, 01:06 PM
We should use our first two draft picks on the OL.

OL is never the sexy draft pick but a tall WR will simply be a waste with an OL that cannot run block or pass block.

coastal
12-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I remember when Miami drafted I believe Keith Sims and Richmond Webb with their first two picks one year. I don't know how many times Bruce Smith touched Marino after that, but it wasn't many.

coastal
12-11-2013, 02:19 PM
****... muse our first two picks on oline and sign Pettigrew for TE in the offseason.

We will have the blocking for our backs and EJ.

Get rid of Hackett and bring in someone who can make the most out of what we have.... not someone who has a fool proof system.

ParanoidAndroid
12-11-2013, 06:15 PM
No, coach. UngA, not UngER.

tampabay25690
12-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Urbik is hurt

YardRat
12-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I remember when Miami drafted I believe Keith Sims and Richmond Webb with their first two picks one year. I don't know how many times Bruce Smith touched Marino after that, but it wasn't many.

Nobody got to Marino that much throughout his career, but that had more to do with his read and release than it did with the offensive line. Not to mention that the defensive strategy for Buffalo against Marino in those days was built more around clogging the throwing lanes than getting to the QB.

That being said, yes, we definitely still need upgrades on the offensive line, and have for most of this century.