PDA

View Full Version : Who is rooting for a loss this weekend?

coastal
12-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Make yourself known anti-fan!

coastal
12-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Unless EJ shows something real positive in the last 3 games, I'm hedging towards QB.

let the losing roll!

jdaltroy5
12-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't even really care anymore.

pmoon6
12-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Make yourself known anti-fan!HaHa. Thanks, Coastie. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

OpIv37
12-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I never root for the team to lose. The hiu imitation of losing 3 straight games to three of the worst teams in the NFL is too much. Plus, if they win, it will likely mean some of the young guys stepped up and that will provide some hope for the future.

At the same time I know a loss helps is in the draft, so I won't be as upset about it as I usually am.

wozrob11
12-12-2013, 10:10 AM
**** OT we need play makers!!!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Win, loose.... I no longer give a flaming ***c

SpikedLemonade
12-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Apathy is what should be Brandon's biggest concern.

How does he sell tickets next year?

This year he had a new coaching staff and a first round QB to use to sell hope. It did not work well since he said they had to manufacturer sell outs to all but one game.

The year before he used the FA signing of Mario Williams.

Next year is he going to use the stadium upgrades?

Thurmal
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Apathy is what should be Brandon's biggest concern.

How does he sell tickets next year?

This year he had a new coaching staff and a first round QB to use to sell hope. It did not work well since he said they had to manufacturer sell outs to all but one game.

The year before he used the FA signing of Mario Williams.

Next year is he going to use the stadium upgrades?
He's running out of options. Already signed TO, got new uniforms, etc. He should've have waited to sign Moorman until the offseason.

Pinkerton Security
12-12-2013, 11:08 AM
For anyone who spends time watching/rooting for the Bills, why would you ever root for a loss?? We have a young team and, regardless of win/loss, the real concern, especially with EJ, should be to see some progress. I honestly dont care if they lose or not but I want to see EJ make some progress.

Historian
12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Personally, I would like to see them get their mojo back, to the tune of 45-3....

imbondz
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM
You only root for a loss after the game is over. It's impossible to be a fan, and not want them to win. Games on the line, EJ's driving down w/ a minute left, you're not thinking, please throw an INT so we get a better draft pick. You're screaming at the TV for Stevie to make a catch.

Plus it's freakin' embarrassing to lose to Jacksonville. Just like i'm sure most teams think it's embarrassing to lose to the Bills.

trapezeus
12-12-2013, 11:47 AM
not rooting for losses....won't mind them. also love that no matter where we pick, we will blow it. that will remain tried and true until russ brandon feels it necessary to have a pro level front office team front and back. we have a GM that has to be connected to the buddy nix crap drafts. They hit on so few picks its pathetic. So winning won't help, losing won't help.

As for marketing, i suspect the following are up as options:

1. "hey, we've added pieces. last year, despite that record, we were in a lot of games. we picked up some lower level names last year in free agency in lawson and look how good he turned out for us. We need to keep doing that. we might not wow you with big names, but we will be active to keep filling in a roster that was close last year."
2. "we need to show we are viable in this area. it's unfortunate, but we manufactured some sell outs with our sponsors and from the graciousness of ralph wilson who's happily pocketed every tax break and ticket increase and taken that money to detroit. If not, we will review our options with Toronto and other offers."
3. there will be some comparison to a QB who made a ridiculous jump between rookie year to 2nd year. They'll use that as how EJ will take off.
4. Byrd will get his payday. "we keep our own. this is a great deal for Jarius, the bills, and the fans of the buffalo bills."
5. "we know we've put almost every 1990 bill on the wall of fame, but we are going to have them all back and wish jim kelly a continued speedy recovery from his sickness at halftime....come on buffalo, show Jim you love him."
6. if ralph passes this year, they'll play on the kindness most of us will show our former owner. However, the Bills PR will leak a lot of discussion on potential moves.

And that will sell out the stadium and not helpmake one iota of a difference of the product they put on the field. the money will come in, nothing needs to be spent, and russ continues to live large on the backs of most buffalo fans. wanker.

Mr. Pink
12-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Easy way to sell tickets...draft someone splashy in the 1st round and/or sign a big name in FA.

Sell fans on promise of the future.

It's worked for a decade, it will continue to work.

This board is an easy example of people who buy into the team not being that far away.

jills
12-12-2013, 11:52 AM
We need a high draft pick, winning meaningless games when we are yet again out of the playoffs won't help this team long-term.

Meathead
12-12-2013, 11:54 AM
when the season gets to this point, for those three hours i root for them to win but afterwards im relieved that they didnt

trapezeus
12-12-2013, 11:56 AM
it'd be interesting to know who is on the FA list for this year. is there a top flight QB?

i would get excited if they took a OLB who is a game changer and under 27.

but i think OBD is really going to try and spin it without really have to spend too much. FA is the second option. a good big name draft (Mack, hey he played in buffalo and is willing to say "i like buffalo" publically) will be the cheapest route, but a little unproven.

I would think getting a 90's player into the coaching staff (coup being that jim would work with EJ) would also be relatively cheap.

but i really think they play the fear angle the most. espeecially when that miami game is 20k from being sold out. "you don't want to be at the games. it doesn't matter if the team sucks, it's the realities of the game. we don't have luxury box money, just this brinks truck loads of cash and no debt that gets brought in from revenue sharing....help dry our tears and try and keep the team. but honestly, even if you do show up, we might not keep the team here anyways. you'll understand"

HAMMER
12-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Rooting for losses is for losers. Don't be a loser people!

BuffaloRedleg
12-12-2013, 12:18 PM
I'd rather EJ show me proof that he can be elite over the next 3 games than lose out and have to draft another QB.

I'm not sure what that looks like but that is the best case scenario right now.

coastal
12-12-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm all about losing out and drafting the kid from UCF or Manziel.

we need someone who can play the position... make throws... attack the field.

BuffaloRedleg
12-12-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm all about losing out and drafting the kid from UCF or Manziel.

we need someone who can play the position... make throws... attack the field.

Is there a measure of performance for EJ over the next 3 games where you would consider keeping him? I'm not sure what mine is, I'm hoping it will be self-evident.

Don't Panic
12-12-2013, 01:15 PM
I never root for the team to lose. The hiu imitation of losing 3 straight games to three of the worst teams in the NFL is too much. Plus, if they win, it will likely mean some of the young guys stepped up and that will provide some hope for the future.

At the same time I know a loss helps is in the draft, so I won't be as upset about it as I usually am.

I'm afraid... this is the second post of OP's I've liked in the last two days. What can I say... I agree with every word. We need to build some confidence in these guys. There's no arguing the beneift of winning games and what it does for player development. Plus, we're not drafting a QB, so there are a few directions we could go with our first round pick, making a few spot drop less of a factor.

coastal
12-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Is there a measure of performance for EJ over the next 3 games where you would consider keeping him? I'm not sure what mine is, I'm hoping it will be self-evident.
I'm in the same boat as you... he's yet to show "it" this year.

jimmifli
12-12-2013, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see the players play very hard and the coaches do a lot of experimentation and evaluation. Lets see some backups get playing time. Lets see starters do things they don't do very often. Kiko is pretty good, but I haven't been blown away by his blitzing ability. Lets see him rush the passer 3 or 4 times. I'd like to see McKelvin matched up against Shorts in man coverage all game.

On offense lets try to get the screen game going. It was the core of our offense for the past two seasons but this year we can't seem to run a screen for positive yards.

Lets make Woods the primary receiver and try to get him 10 touches.

If the coaches focus on experimenting and evaluating and the players manage to pull off a win, I've got no problem with that result. But ultimately I'd rather see them lose.

ParanoidAndroid
12-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Look down this list and you will see that drafting a few spots early does absolutely nothing. I like winning, thank you very much.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/draft.htm

Before you say it's because it's the Bills, you will see the same basic outcomes for all 32 teams. Good players are found throughout the draft and pretty much anywhere in the 1st.

Ed
12-12-2013, 02:10 PM
It's completely pointless to hope that the Bills draft another QB with their first pick. You're just setting yourself up for more disappointment.

pmoon6
12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
It's completely pointless to hope that the Bills draft another QB with their first pick. You're just setting yourself up for more disappointment.Ha! Heaven forbid anyone is disappointed.

stuckincincy
12-12-2013, 03:03 PM
For 14 years, the draft has been the highlight of the season. :gag:

So...may as well try to get a better seat.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I always want the Bills to win. Hell, even if we could win our last three and have our best record since 2008 I'd be all for it. Go Bills beat the Jagoffs!!!

SquishDaFish
12-12-2013, 04:59 PM
NEVER will I root for a loss NEVER. And we def will NOT draft a QB even if EJ sucks rest of the way GET OVER IT ALREADY IT WONT HAPPEN. They believe in EJ and will give him at least the 2nd year no doubt about it. We need to draft WR/OL/LB with the 1st pick no doubt

Downinfloflo
12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm rooting for a loss.

And Manziel is going to fall flat on his pampered ass in the NFL.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Easy way to sell tickets...draft someone splashy in the 1st round and/or sign a big name in FA.

This board is an easy example of people who buy into the team not being that far away.

Your posts are the perfect example of a big smelly douche bag.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I won't be rooting for anything. I'm just going to watch the game. I wasted the last energy I had for the Bills on the Atlanta game. Even at the Miami game I will sit in my seat like a bump on a log. No feeling for this team at all in its current sate.

BillsFever21
12-12-2013, 06:53 PM
I will watch the game and root for them. I never sit there and root for them to lose unless it's maybe the last meaningless game of a season that can drastically affect our draft position. If they do play like crap again and lose I also won't be upset and will know it may help us later on with a better draft pick.

Either way I won't be jumping for joy over a win or throwing things over a loss. Will just be watching the game as a spectator. This is basically the last game will get to watch this season so I hope it's at least competitive. The game next week will be blacked out and I work the following Sunday and usually have to leave around halftime. We will probably get blown out by the Pats anyway so it doesn't really matter with that one.

TigerJ
12-12-2013, 07:00 PM
To be honest, I don't have super strong feelings either way. On balance, I'd rather win, but we all know it doesn't count for a whole lot once the team is out of the playoff hunt. Yeah, I know Buffalo has not been mathematically eliminated, but we all know it's not going to happen. Losing gains you a spot or two in the draft, but I don't think there is really any critical have to have player in the range Buffalo is likely to be drafting win or lose. We aren't going to draft a QB. Clowney has attitude red flags. If you want a pass rushing linebacker and Barr is gone, we don't know that Mack won't be better. There are offensive tackles all over the place who are rated at starting caliber: Matthews, Taylor, Couandjio. and a bunch of wide receivers.

BillsFever21
12-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Look down this list and you will see that drafting a few spots early does absolutely nothing. I like winning, thank you very much.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/draft.htm

Before you say it's because it's the Bills, you will see the same basic outcomes for all 32 teams. Good players are found throughout the draft and pretty much anywhere in the 1st.

You never know how it will work out. Drafting early isn't any guarantee of drafting a better player but it gives you first dibs on the player you do want. I bet the Colts are glad they didn't win a 3rd game in the 2011 season right now. There's also more then just the first round. There are many players you would rather have in the 2nd/3rd rounds that are taken off the board a spot or two before you draft.

Also winning one more game can make a difference because you never know what other teams will want on draft day. Had we won another game last year then we would've been drafting lower and probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to trade down with the Rams. We would've ended up drafting EJ Manuel anywhere from 10-12(depending on tiebreakers) and wouldn't have had Kiko Alonso to go along with it. That would've been the worse possible scenario.

BillsFever21
12-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Also if we currently had one less win we would be currently in the 2nd spot for the draft and not the 7th or 8th spot. That's a huge difference on any player you may want or that another team may want. That would be prime territory to trade down with a team that would want a QB or maybe even Clowney or some other player.

I bet the Rams are glad they didn't win one more game in 2011 or they wouldn't have had the 2nd pick in the draft and received a kings ransom from the Redskins. Somebody else would've gotten the draft picks. That would mean they wouldn't be getting the Redskins top 2-5 draft pick this season along with the 2nd round pick and another 1st round pick next year. I bet they really wish they had won another game in 2011 right now and didn't get all of them draft picks out of it.

There are many teams that need a QB for next season and you never know what somebody will give up. If you are drafting in the top few spots then that's prime territory for teams wanting to draft the top two or three QB's. Once you get down outside of the top 5 then most or all of them guys are going to be gone and you lose any chance of getting a good package from any teams that fell in love with one of the top QB's. This isn't like the draft class last year where nobody planned on drafting any of the QB's in the first round except for the Bills of course.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I won't be rooting for anything. I'm just going to watch the game. I wasted the last energy I had for the Bills on the Atlanta game. Even at the Miami game I will sit in my seat like a bump on a log. No feeling for this team at all in its current sate.

I agree with you to a point. However, if you are a lady and the owner of that gorgeous ass and you find yourself on tv during the game, please get up and shake that thing. It would make the game go easier. If that gorgeous ass belongs to your lady, well damn you sir are a blessed man, and if you wouldn't mind doing so have her get up and shake that thing if you two are at the game. :D

feldspar
12-12-2013, 07:15 PM
HaHa. Thanks, Coastie. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Not always.

Imitation is fool's gold. See that? I did not just flatter somebody.

Anyway, I can't see watching the game and actively rooting for a loss. That would definitely make one an anti-fan. I'll watch the game and root for a win. If this team quits, that won't bode well for the future. I want to see how Marrone can motivate a 4-9 team...hell, the OTHER team has the same record.

kishoph
12-12-2013, 07:20 PM

Those people are called fans, true fans that don't base their loyalty on wins or losses.

BuffaloRedleg
12-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Those people are called fans, true fans that don't base their loyalty on wins or losses.

That's true, but there's nothing wrong with demanding a level of accountability. I'll always support the team and I bleed blue and red, but that doesn't mean I have to accept the fact they put crap on the field and expect me to pay for it.

Jeff1220
12-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Win/lose. I don't really care. It's meaningless and I'm spending the vast majority of my Sundays surfing from now until April.

Buckets
12-13-2013, 04:16 PM
It really doesn't matter we'd "F" up the draft either way.

pmoon6
12-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Not always.

Imitation is fool's gold. See that? I did not just flatter somebody.Buzzkill.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2013, 05:09 PM
A loss is better for the future.

Im rooting for the future.

tampabay25690
12-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Make yourself known anti-fan!

If you want the Bills to lose you dont belong on this site.

BuffaloRedleg
12-13-2013, 05:37 PM
A loss is better for the future.

Im rooting for the future.

It isn't better for EJ to have 3 straight 400+ yard games with 5 touchdowns each game?

I'm overexaggerating, but that to me is the best case scenario. If magically EJ shows us he has legit potential to be our franchise QB, then we can get him a WR or OL and maybe a TE in the 2nd and surround him with the tools to thrive.

Is there anything EJ could do over the next 3 games to make him worth keeping to you? I mean there must be some metric of performance you are looking for?

Me personally I need to see him be dominant in 2/3 games. Not just "good enough to win" but dominant. I have seen maybe 1 "dominant" performance the whole season and that's just not enough for me to stake the next 2-3 years of a Bills fan on, when we may have the potential to grab a genuinely elite QB prospect in the next draft.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2013, 06:02 PM
EJ can throw 5 TDs, we just need the D to give up 6.

That's even better for the future,

SquishDaFish
12-13-2013, 06:20 PM
TD you are off your rocker bro. Get back on your meds

mrbojanglezs
12-13-2013, 06:40 PM
im 100% indifferent

JediMindPowers
12-13-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm not rooting for a loss. It means nothing. And the reason is obvious. Whether we get a higher draft pick or not is totally cancelled out by the fact that OBD is the ones still doing the drafting. I'm sure they will find a way to screw it up.

Marcell Dareus over A.J Green? Aaron Maybin? Stephon Gilmore? Leodis McKelvin?

What a freakin' joke.

coastal
12-13-2013, 10:01 PM
If you want the Bills to lose you dont belong on this site.
Sorry... loyalty is a two way street in my world.

Ralph Wilson, Littman, Overdorf and Brandon can all go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned. The sooner Bills fans stop buying the BS, perhaps they will get the team we all want.

pmoon6
12-14-2013, 02:37 AM
TD you are off your rocker bro. Get back on your medsHe's jacking with us.

pmoon6
12-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Sorry... loyalty is a two way street in my world.

Ralph Wilson, Littman, Overdorf and Brandon can all go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned. The sooner Bills fans stop buying the BS, perhaps they will get the team we all want.Yes, but what does it really cost us? For me, I get Sunday Ticket. That's $300/year. That's also so I can watch other games of interest. Those guys can't possibly think I get it with Bills' games as a primary. I refuse to buy merchandise (I have plenty from the early '2000's and before. So, the support is emotional, not financial. Even if they get a cut from DirectTV, its what? $10/year. Also for me, NFL games are a social event having friends over for a few beers, good food, and conversation so it has a dual benefit

What might make a difference is for Buffalo to have Miamiesque attendance at the games with half the fans disguised as empty seats. However, in Buffalo's case, that may precipitate a move to another city, given the situation. Like I said many times, that would be the end of my small participation as a fan of the NFL.

coastal
12-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Yes, but what does it really cost us? For me, I get Sunday Ticket. That's $300/year. That's also so I can watch other games of interest. Those guys can't possibly think I get it with Bills' games as a primary. I refuse to buy merchandise (I have plenty from the early '2000's and before. So, the support is emotional, not financial. Even if they get a cut from DirectTV, its what? $10/year. Also for me, NFL games are a social event having friends over for a few beers, good food, and conversation so it has a dual benefit

What might make a difference is for Buffalo to have Miamiesque attendance at the games with half the fans disguised as empty seats. However, in Buffalo's case, that may precipitate a move to another city, given the situation. Like I said many times, that would be the end of my small participation as a fan of the NFL.
If one season of a half empty stadium precipitates a team move, then perhaps the move is inevitable.

pmoon6
12-14-2013, 06:38 AM
If one season of a half empty stadium precipitates a team move, then perhaps the move is inevitable.Maybe so.

stuckincincy
12-14-2013, 06:39 AM
If one season of a half empty stadium precipitates a team move, then perhaps the move is inevitable.

Move where? A whole lot of big cities are buckling under decades of Dem. machine politics, unions, fat retirement liabilities, generations of folks on the dole, crumbling infrastructure, etc..

TacklingDummy
12-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Marcell Dareus over A.J Green? Aaron Maybin? Stephon Gilmore? Leodis McKelvin?

What a freakin' joke. CJ Spiller, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Hardy?

Night Train
12-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Only Losers are rooting for a loss.

The draft is a sure thing..an exact science. Belief of all losers.

coastal
12-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Only Losers are rooting for a loss.

The draft is a sure thing..an exact science. Belief of all losers.you would have made a good nazi.

pmoon6
12-14-2013, 08:10 AM
you would have made a good nazi.Bwahahahaha. Yeah, if you're not a thumb sucking nihilist, then you must be a Nazi!!!.

Speaking of nihilists, Spike even thanked your post.

Meathead
12-14-2013, 10:02 AM
im 100% indifferent

i am 50% indifferent

BuffaloRedleg
12-14-2013, 03:21 PM
BTW I'm going to the Miami game. I don't ****ing care about the draft next year, I get to go to basically one game a year. They better show up and win.

It's alright to talk about the draft and long term perspective, but the bottom line is that people shell out hard-earned money to go to these games. They owe it to the people in the stands to play a competent game. At the end of the day that is their responsibility.

coastal
12-15-2013, 02:56 PM
So how does everyone feel?

we will likely 5-11.

Novacane
12-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Depends on next week. If we lose I'll wish we lost this one.

coastal
12-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Depends on next week. If we lose I'll wish we lost this one.
We aren't beating Miami.

they r playing for the playoffs.

jimmifli
12-16-2013, 12:17 AM
I'd like to see the players play very hard and the coaches do a lot of experimentation and evaluation. Lets see some backups get playing time. Lets see starters do things they don't do very often. Kiko is pretty good, but I haven't been blown away by his blitzing ability. Lets see him rush the passer 3 or 4 times. I'd like to see McKelvin matched up against Shorts in man coverage all game.

On offense lets try to get the screen game going. It was the core of our offense for the past two seasons but this year we can't seem to run a screen for positive yards.

Lets make Woods the primary receiver and try to get him 10 touches.

If the coaches focus on experimenting and evaluating and the players manage to pull off a win, I've got no problem with that result. But ultimately I'd rather see them lose.

Well, they sure tried the screen until it started working. And when it FINALLY did... the blitzes and 8 man fronts stopped. It was like "the Hack" just said "we're running screens until you guys stop acting like *******s", and they did. Now, they weren't Chan-style-screen-masterpieces but it was nice to see them able to actually run the play.

I don't know who Leodis was matched against, but they threw at him often enough to make me think he was often covering their number 1 guy. Or Henne thought Leodis was an easy target.

Woods didn't get 10 touches but he did have his career high in catches and yards.

I didn't see Kiko blitz, anyone?

Overall, I did see a little evaluation and a few new wrinkles.

Oaf
12-16-2013, 12:21 AM
I hate that we'll beat the Jags only to lose to the Fins and Pats.

Had we lost to the Jags, and won the next two, I sure would have been a happy camper. I still think we beat Miami at home to lose to NE away.

coastal
12-18-2013, 01:47 PM
So now that EJ is looking more and more like he's not the answer, anyone want to change their answer?

Skooby
12-18-2013, 03:18 PM
So now that EJ is looking more and more like he's not the answer, anyone want to change their answer?

He's only on knee injury 3, everything will be fine.

coastal
12-18-2013, 04:04 PM
He's only on knee injury 3, everything will be fine.
He's on the RGIII offseason plan.

SpikedLemonade
12-18-2013, 04:33 PM
He's on the RGIII offseason plan.

Which begs the question whether Marrone should simply shut EJ down for the season like RGIII.

What is the point of having EJ play the last game of the season in NE? Only bad things can happen.

Let Thad play the last 2 games so at least he can evaluated for next year.

We know EJ will be here next year regardless.

coastal
12-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Which begs the question whether Marrone should simply shut EJ down for the season like RGIII.

What is the point of having EJ play the last game of the season in NE? Only bad things can happen.

Let Thad play the last 2 games so at least he can evaluated for next year.

We know EJ will be here next year regardless.
I think they should shut him down.

we've seen enough.

Do u draft oline or QB with our first overall?

SpikedLemonade
12-18-2013, 06:38 PM
I think they should shut him down.

we've seen enough.

Do u draft oline or QB with our first overall?

Depends where we draft and who is there, but I favour OL. It would not upset me if we picked the 2nd QB off the board with our 1st pick.