PDA

View Full Version : Another article on 2013 Rookie QBs, Glennon, Smith, and Manuel

ghz in pittsburgh
12-12-2013, 10:53 AM
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64557588/

Interesting he puts Glennon in the Skelton - Flacco type where Manuel is more of Locker - McNabb range (btw, does elway really have the inaccurate reputation even earlier in his career? I was too young to pay that much detail then). And Smith, well, we all know it's not about mechanics, physical ability. It's all about his mental makeup.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Personally, I like the prospect of Glennon.

My two cents on EJ, I still think the game is too fast for him and by the look of things, it may take him another year. I know many, including the author, describe "inaccuracy" as his biggest weakness. To me that's a symptom. When he has time and steps up like he did in training camp, he's pretty accurate. But in real game situation, it's never ideal. To me, the ability to process information quickly and then anticipate naturally is something missing from his game, even at Florida State. Working on mechanics, like the coaching staff have been doing, will help, but the biggest help for Manuel, is when the game slow down for him. I just don't know when that will come or IF that will come to him.

Being in Pittsburgh, I've seen/heard/discussed plenty from/on Roethlisberger. Big Ben didn't quite have the game slowed down to him; he made the game slow down by moving in pocket/completing passes while people hanging onto him. I can say for certainty that EJ is not that type of player.

Lone Stranger
12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Personally, I like the prospect of Glennon.
Quite well done.

My two cents on EJ, I still think the game is too fast for him and by the look of things, it may take him another year. I know many, including the author, describe "inaccuracy" as his biggest weakness. To me that's a symptom. When he has time and steps up like he did in training camp, he's pretty accurate. But in real game situation, it's never ideal. To me, the ability to process information quickly and then anticipate naturally is something missing from his game, even at Florida State. Working on mechanics, like the coaching staff have been doing, will help, but the biggest help for Manuel, is when the game slow down for him. I just don't know when that will come or IF that will come to him.

Being in Pittsburgh, I've seen/heard/discussed plenty from/on Roethlisberger. Big Ben didn't quite have the game slowed down to him; he made the game slow down by moving in pocket/completing passes while people hanging onto him. I can say for certainty that EJ is not that type of player.