• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Hypothetical Question about RG3

As most of you know, Washington has already stated that they're going to shut RG3 down for the rest of the year. Based on comments made by RG3 himself, I get the impression that he does not have a great relationship with Shanahan and is coming off a season in which he struggled mightily. Assuming the Skins are open to a trade, if you're the Bills brass, do you pull the trigger? What are you willing to give up?

Considering I don't think EJ is the answer, I make this trade happen. I'd gladly give up the Bills first round pick this year, but probably not a whole lot more. This is a potentially franchise altering move and I feel as though this is a gamble worth taking. What do the Bills really have to lose? Curious as to what others think.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Hypothetical Question about RG3

Considering what they gave up to get him, I wouldnt pay the price for damaged goods.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

I would happily trade for him, but there's absolutely no chance he's available. The entire rift with Shanahan is because Snyder loves RG3. Shanahan is gonna get himself fired ... from a cannon into the Potomac.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
        I would happily trade for him, but there's absolutely no chance he's available. The entire rift with Shanahan is because Snyder loves RG3. Shanahan is gonna get himself fired ... from a cannon into the Potomac.
        ive seen several things saying he could step down anyways. I dont see Shanny being around too long, his ego might be bruised.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

He is incredibly overrated and an egomaniac. No way.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i like that at the time of looking for chan, we avoided shanahan. i thought that at the time, and am happy to see his blow hard, "im the supreme leader" type attitude doesn't translate well. He sucked in oakland, he was great thanks to a great running game and seasoned and smart qb in denver, and blows in wsh.

i'm not sure you'd see RGIII in a trade.

but i wouldn't do it. this is the problem with the EJ acquisition. He is your starting QB based on where you draft him. it's totally fine to draft another qb this year and tell him, "look, that was best value at draft, you got to beat this guy to keep the gig, or you lose out." What you can't do is go find another top flight QB from outside and expect him to sit quietly. you'll get a rift. and if you were to do that, it has to be on a lights out winner like a brees or brady or some top 5 qb who's contract is up (not that they would move).

my point is the bills have stuck themselves in this mess, and if they don't take another flying on a QB, we've got the same "mid level or worse qb which we drafted and no one behind him to push him to get better."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Shanny and his staff are gonna be fired.

Cousins will be traded.

Comment

• jills
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                Yup, Shanahan wanted Tannehill instead of RG3.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Shannahan won't quit. He's just forcing Snyder to fire him so he'll still get paid. Shannahan is so overrated. Those mid-late 90's Bronco teams were loaded with talent. Since that last superbowl in 1998, Shannahan has won a grand total of 1 playoff game in the last 15 seasons. He's missed the playoffs about 10 of those 15 years. There's really no reason for any team to hire him again.

Snyder would never trade RGIII.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Shanny is getting his ass canned.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Later
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                      He is incredibly overrated and an egomaniac. No way.
                      Funny, you could say the exact same thing about Shanahan. No wonder they don't get along.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Let's see... A HC who's done nothing for the team, or a super athletic QB who cost your team 3 years worth of first round picks?

Shanny loses. And Snyder's a douche. The Skins have the same problem we do: an owner who won't let football people make football decisions. The only difference is that Ralph does it because of money and Snyder does it because of his massive ****ing ego.

Snyder's no different or better than most of us in terms of actual football knowledge. He just happens to have billions of dollars to buy a team due to things unrelated to football.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Hell no. RG3 sucks.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i read that article that the redskins are trying to find cause to remove shanahan without pay. How much control did synder give over? Could shanahan start cutting people just to leave the redskins in shambles. can you imagine if he cut RG3 just to stick it to them? that'd be a news story, eh?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              i read that article that the redskins are trying to find cause to remove shanahan without pay. How much control did synder give over? Could shanahan start cutting people just to leave the redskins in shambles. can you imagine if he cut RG3 just to stick it to them? that'd be a news story, eh?
                              I would love Shanahan to go out like a troll fantasy football owner

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X