PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question about RG3

Bulldog
12-12-2013, 11:16 AM
As most of you know, Washington has already stated that they're going to shut RG3 down for the rest of the year. Based on comments made by RG3 himself, I get the impression that he does not have a great relationship with Shanahan and is coming off a season in which he struggled mightily. Assuming the Skins are open to a trade, if you're the Bills brass, do you pull the trigger? What are you willing to give up?

Considering I don't think EJ is the answer, I make this trade happen. I'd gladly give up the Bills first round pick this year, but probably not a whole lot more. This is a potentially franchise altering move and I feel as though this is a gamble worth taking. What do the Bills really have to lose? Curious as to what others think.

Pinkerton Security
12-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Considering what they gave up to get him, I wouldnt pay the price for damaged goods.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-12-2013, 11:20 AM
I would happily trade for him, but there's absolutely no chance he's available. The entire rift with Shanahan is because Snyder loves RG3. Shanahan is gonna get himself fired ... from a cannon into the Potomac.

Pinkerton Security
12-12-2013, 11:25 AM
I would happily trade for him, but there's absolutely no chance he's available. The entire rift with Shanahan is because Snyder loves RG3. Shanahan is gonna get himself fired ... from a cannon into the Potomac.

ive seen several things saying he could step down anyways. I dont see Shanny being around too long, his ego might be bruised.

Thurmal
12-12-2013, 11:31 AM
He is incredibly overrated and an egomaniac. No way.

trapezeus
12-12-2013, 11:31 AM
i like that at the time of looking for chan, we avoided shanahan. i thought that at the time, and am happy to see his blow hard, "im the supreme leader" type attitude doesn't translate well. He sucked in oakland, he was great thanks to a great running game and seasoned and smart qb in denver, and blows in wsh.

i'm not sure you'd see RGIII in a trade.

but i wouldn't do it. this is the problem with the EJ acquisition. He is your starting QB based on where you draft him. it's totally fine to draft another qb this year and tell him, "look, that was best value at draft, you got to beat this guy to keep the gig, or you lose out." What you can't do is go find another top flight QB from outside and expect him to sit quietly. you'll get a rift. and if you were to do that, it has to be on a lights out winner like a brees or brady or some top 5 qb who's contract is up (not that they would move).

my point is the bills have stuck themselves in this mess, and if they don't take another flying on a QB, we've got the same "mid level or worse qb which we drafted and no one behind him to push him to get better."

Mr. Pink
12-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Shanny and his staff are gonna be fired.

Cousins will be traded.

jills
12-12-2013, 12:02 PM

Yup, Shanahan wanted Tannehill instead of RG3.

Ed
12-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Shannahan won't quit. He's just forcing Snyder to fire him so he'll still get paid. Shannahan is so overrated. Those mid-late 90's Bronco teams were loaded with talent. Since that last superbowl in 1998, Shannahan has won a grand total of 1 playoff game in the last 15 seasons. He's missed the playoffs about 10 of those 15 years. There's really no reason for any team to hire him again.

Snyder would never trade RGIII.

DraftBoy
12-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Shanny is getting his ass canned.

Later
12-12-2013, 08:12 PM
He is incredibly overrated and an egomaniac. No way.

Funny, you could say the exact same thing about Shanahan. No wonder they don't get along.

OpIv37
12-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Let's see... A HC who's done nothing for the team, or a super athletic QB who cost your team 3 years worth of first round picks?

Shanny loses. And Snyder's a douche. The Skins have the same problem we do: an owner who won't let football people make football decisions. The only difference is that Ralph does it because of money and Snyder does it because of his massive ****ing ego.

Snyder's no different or better than most of us in terms of actual football knowledge. He just happens to have billions of dollars to buy a team due to things unrelated to football.

Mr. Miyagi
12-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Hell no. RG3 sucks.

trapezeus
12-13-2013, 06:26 AM
i read that article that the redskins are trying to find cause to remove shanahan without pay. How much control did synder give over? Could shanahan start cutting people just to leave the redskins in shambles. can you imagine if he cut RG3 just to stick it to them? that'd be a news story, eh?

IlluminatusUIUC
12-13-2013, 10:31 AM
i read that article that the redskins are trying to find cause to remove shanahan without pay. How much control did synder give over? Could shanahan start cutting people just to leave the redskins in shambles. can you imagine if he cut RG3 just to stick it to them? that'd be a news story, eh?

I would love Shanahan to go out like a troll fantasy football owner

RedEyE
12-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I can't say I hate seeing this happen to Shanahan after the way he dismissed Buffalo in '09.

I'm not going to go back and dig up threads, but there were a great many of us here that saw the writing on the wall concerning how the relationship with Snyder would end as soon as Shanahan signed the contract.

YardRat
12-13-2013, 07:14 PM
No trade for RGIII, at all. I agree with those that contend Shanahan is gone, and RGIII has already won that battle. Screw Shanahan, never wanted him here, and I'm glad things are playing out in Washington in a manner that I feared would happen in Buffalo.

OpIv37
12-13-2013, 07:20 PM
No trade for RGIII, at all. I agree with those that contend Shanahan is gone, and RGIII has already won that battle. Screw Shanahan, never wanted him here, and I'm glad things are playing out in Washington in a manner that I feared would happen in Buffalo.
The Skins have done slightly better than us in terms of making the playoffs, but they've been even worse in terms of coaching changes and the QB carousel. And much worse in FA. I think they get to stop paying Deion Sanders in 2020 and Haynesworth in 2045.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-14-2013, 05:00 AM
Could shanahan start cutting people just to leave the redskins in shambles. can you imagine if he cut RG3 just to stick it to them? that'd be a news story, eh?
That would be hysterical ..... Has any thing like this ever happened in the nfl?

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-14-2013, 06:58 AM
That would be hysterical ..... Has any thing like this ever happened in the nfl?

as awesome as that would be, after that stunt, there is no way he would ever be hired again in the NFL under any capacity by any team

Meathead
12-14-2013, 09:50 AM
im not at all convinced ej wont develop into an excellent qb, but i have to admit that if wash made rg3 avail at a reasonable price i would strongly consider it. hes shown hes got a long way to go regarding protecting himself (by being an nfl drop back passer) and being a leader but he is a good player and more than likely to rebound from his nightmare season. aint gonna happen tho

DraftBoy
12-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Let's see... A HC who's done nothing for the team, or a super athletic QB who cost your team 3 years worth of first round picks?

Shanny loses. And Snyder's a douche. The Skins have the same problem we do: an owner who won't let football people make football decisions. The only difference is that Ralph does it because of money and Snyder does it because of his massive ****ing ego.

Snyder's no different or better than most of us in terms of actual football knowledge. He just happens to have billions of dollars to buy a team due to things unrelated to football.

By most reports the hiring of Bruce Allen was the first sign in a long time that Snyder wants to be out of the decisions related to football. I was listing to LaCanfora on CBS's Radio Mojo show last week and he was talking about how expect the Skins to give Allen more control this offseason as Snyder steps further back because he is very PR conscious and knows what the current team image is with regard to him calling the shots.

DraftBoy
12-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Here's the thing about RG3 that has people worried, he's a fragile kid. I'm not talking about physically either because we all saw the playoffs last year and know the kid will play through pain. His ego was bigger than ever and he didn't know what to do anymore. I mean think about the 18 months he had, going from an athlete playing QB at Baylor to winning the heisman, and becoming the face of an NFL franchise in the nation's capital. Then he had plenty of success his rookie year only to see his knee get shredded.

He came back (sooner than he should have imo) and has sturggled mightily and he doesn't know what to do. You got an owner that clearly is coddling him and a coach that hates him. Its a tough situation but he's gotta show some mental toughness here and come back next year humble and hungry. Then we'll know what he is, if he doesn't he could be on that Culpepper express train.

HAMMER
12-16-2013, 12:58 PM
RG3 is not the QB I want leading my team, EJ Manuel is. You will all see in the end who the better QB is.

stuckincincy
12-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Here's the thing about RG3 that has people worried, he's a fragile kid. I'm not talking about physically either because we all saw the playoffs last year and know the kid will play through pain. His ego was bigger than ever and he didn't know what to do anymore. I mean think about the 18 months he had, going from an athlete playing QB at Baylor to winning the heisman, and becoming the face of an NFL franchise in the nation's capital. Then he had plenty of success his rookie year only to see his knee get shredded.

He came back (sooner than he should have imo) and has sturggled mightily and he doesn't know what to do. You got an owner that clearly is coddling him and a coach that hates him. Its a tough situation but he's gotta show some mental toughness here and come back next year humble and hungry. Then we'll know what he is, if he doesn't he could be on that Culpepper express train.

Eh. He's a notable fellow, but a product of the current upbringing, the recent malaise. He's made a few *****ly statements.

Our young people are not being taught how to deal with failure & disappointment. They get slammed mentally/emotionally by something in their lives & end up dealing with it - often violently because they can't handle it any other way. Maybe because that's the way they are taught by tv, movies & video games. I know this is a simplistic idea but I do believe it has merit.

We don't let our kids fail at anything. Trophies for losing, allowance for not doing chores. We glamorize losers with tv spots, shoe contracts, money and fame. We don't show the true reality of working hard, studying hard, family responsibilities, etc.

Things need to change.

DynaPaul
12-18-2013, 06:33 PM
No to RGIII and out.

Mouldsie
12-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Give me RG3 all day but there is no way it happens.