PDA

View Full Version : Stadium lease - just a thought

trapezeus
12-12-2013, 12:01 PM
It's too bad when we renegotiated the lease we as a municpality couldn't get an option to break the lease on the Bills before the 7 year plan.

"yeah, if in year 6, this team still sucks, we are going to break the lease on you, and you are going to pay us $400MM for not living up to your end of the bargain. Having a team kill the morale of a town has gone on long enough."

i know they'd never sign it, but i'm think of my fandom with this team like a divorce or a breakup. you stay in something long enough until it's brain dead you realize that one side hasn't really ever given you what you've given it. and it's never going to change. the only issue in in a divorce one party usually gets alimony/support payments. i wonder how we could file as fans to get a little cash back for the craptastic performances of 14 years.

Bangarang
12-12-2013, 04:22 PM
You should call the police and report the guy holding the gun to your head making you invest your time and money into the Bills.

Skooby
12-12-2013, 11:33 PM
You should call the police and report the guy holding the gun to your head making you invest your time and money into the Bills.

Most have decided it's just plain time for coup.

BertSquirtgum
12-13-2013, 03:19 AM
With the way I feel about this team currently, they could move wherever after this season and I wouldn't care at all. I'm done caring about this team. I will obviously still follow them but I have no feelings one way or the other as to what happens with them.

Night Train
12-13-2013, 04:59 AM
I live 20 minutes away and stopped going 3 years ago, after attending 90% + of their home games since 1965.

I love football but the product stunk. I've been attending more college games ( road trips ) over the past few years and enjoy the atmosphere/people far more. When you get older, you enjoy the people more than the game.

Don't just focus on the Bills.

Historian
12-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Well put Train.