PDA

View Full Version : Anymore wins wrecks our draft

Skooby
12-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Looking at only our current position alone, winning seems ignorant to earning us a much better spot in the draft.

OpIv37
12-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Our stupid drafting will wreck our draft whether we pick 1 or 32.

BertSquirtgum
12-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Please ask dr.lecter to delete your username. Thanks in advance.

jamze132
12-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Well we're not going to win anymore games so...

lightningbolt444
12-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Losing at any point in the season is stupid. I never want to see this team lose no matter what it does to their draft position. You can get talent at #5 or #15. Stars have been drafted everywhere not just top 5.

Bangarang
12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Good teams find value regardless of where they draft.

HAMMER
12-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Looking at only our current position alone, winning seems ignorant to earning us a much better spot in the draft.
This sentence is a mess, can barely understand your engrish.

ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2013, 01:10 PM

This discussion just happened. The data does not support your statement.
.... whatever that statement is.

stuckincincy
12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
This sentence is a mess, can barely understand your engrish.

I like the usage. It switched clause dependency order, and uses ignorant as a pejorative for emphasis. Colorful speech.

SquishDaFish
12-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Skooby please go the **** away. Unjoin the zone. You are becoming one of the worst posters ever.

Skooby
12-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Skooby please go the **** away. Unjoin the zone. You are becoming one of the worst posters ever.

Would you rather draft 5th or 15th ?

SquishDaFish
12-13-2013, 04:38 PM

Just please stop making new threads every 5 mins with some new thought you have. You have always been a ****** poster since your stupid days with skooby as your avatar. You look like a complete idiot with this dumbass thread

sudzy
12-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Where has rooting for draft position ever got us? Last place in the division yet again. Until there is a change in the way this team is ran, the spot we draft won't matter.

coastal
12-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Trolling by the master!

well done mitchmurraydowntown!

well done!

Don't Panic
12-15-2013, 06:52 AM
This is a young team in a lot of areas. They need to experience winning. I hope we win the last three. Players are always there in the top half of the first round. Draft well and we'll be fine. And to that point... I'm not sure I'd call last year "stupid drafting". Jury is out on Manuel (no matter what the impatient on this board say), and we have Woods, Alonso, Goodwin in the fold now... three guys who have shown great promise towards a long and productive Bills career. If even one of Williams, Meeks or Gragg pan out I would consider it a very solid draft. If EJ becomes our long-term starter and has an above average career, I'd call it one of our best. I have a lot more faith in the scouting process with Whaley solely in charge. He'll do just fine in the 10-15 range. Keep on winning, Bills.

TacklingDummy
12-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Unreachable.

Skoob I know you are just saying what everyone deep down hopes/knows but doesn't want to say because they would look like they are not a fan.

Happens to me all the time.

Famous Amos
12-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Good teams find value regardless of where they draft.
Eaxactly, the Bills did really well with their 2nd and 3rd round picks, the jury is still out on that first round pick from last year...
Hell, I even like the Goodwin pick.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 09:22 AM
With our needs and the way the draft is shaping up, drafting 15h instead of 5th doesn't really matter.

Barr might go top 4 or 3
We may want a OT but it would likely be a RT and the top 2 guys are LT's (Lewan and Mathews)
Only one of Watkins, Lee, and Evans might be gone
The top CB isn't top 5 worthy
Mack isn't top 5 worthy at this point
We won't draft a QB

So picking at 15 is just fine for me. But we'll end up picking right where we always do, somewhere between 7 and 12.

Skooby
12-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Unreachable.

Skoob I know you are just saying what everyone deep down hopes/knows but doesn't want to say because they would look like they are not a fan.

Happens to me all the time.

Thank you, I'm just at the point now to call a spade a spade. Everybody wants us to do well, we don't have a staff to win anymore than 6 right now. If that's ok with the locals / fans then it is what it is, it's not good enough for me.

WagonCircler
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM

I'm thinking that this is one of those problems that will take care of itself.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Last year teams that finished 5 and 11 picked 6th and 7th.

I don't think we'll win another game.

SpikedLemonade
12-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Last year teams that finished 5 and 11 picked 6th and 7th.

I don't think we'll win another game.

I think this year 5-11 will get the Bills the 9th pick.

4-12 would have got us the 4th overall pick.

No problem we don't need an elite LT or DE. A "shutdown corner" or "tall" WR is all we need to compete.

6-10, 5-11, 7-9 is all this team will be until we have a new owner.

YardRat
12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
OH NO WE ARE SOOOOOOO SCREWED !!!!!

stuckincincy
12-15-2013, 03:23 PM

14 years and running...

Skooby
12-15-2013, 03:27 PM

Going into our 15th consecutive season without a playoff game.

sudzy
12-15-2013, 06:17 PM

No problem we don't need an elite LT or DE. A "shutdown corner" or "tall" WR is all we need to compete.

We'll be in perfect position to draft an underachieving CB. Hopefully we can get one that can return kicks.

starrymessenger
12-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Hmmm...we missed on AP by (I think) 2 spots, Patrick Willis by 1, Keuchly by 1...
I think I'd rather pick 5th than in the 12-15 range.
Even though good players can be taken anywhere in the draft, and even though picking players is an error prone inexact science, fact is players with genuine elite potential are usually bunched at the front end. The very front end because there are never many of them.
Being close to the front of the draft order obviously also works in your favour in every round of the draft, not just the first. At every stage a bigger and more diversified talent pool to chose from.
Of course if you are just a monkey throwing darts at a board it won't make any difference. I hope Whaley is better than that.
To me the ideal scenario would have been for our young players, especially EJ, showing good progression in their development, and, yes, losing out.
Depending on where you are at concerning EJs performance today, we might have gotten the worst of the possible outcomes.
Go Bills! High fives all around!

Night Train
12-15-2013, 07:44 PM
How dare they win !

Bangarang
12-15-2013, 07:52 PM

Looking to replace Cordy Glenn? Makes sense because the guy has been our best, most consistent player all season.

X-Era
12-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Spiked is on the money this week...

Right now we pick 9th:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/12/15/5213874/2014-nfl-draft-order-houston-remains-on-top-after-week-15

pmoon6
12-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Hoping your team loses to improve it's draft position is the most moronic of ideas. Then again, we see what posters put it forth, so it's far from surprising.

HAMMER
12-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Morons go away please.

gebobs
12-16-2013, 10:27 AM
How dare they win !

Much as they tried to lose.

better days
12-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Much as they tried to lose.

Yeah because players love to lose games.

jdaltroy5
12-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I would rather draft 15th. It's means we're on the cusp of being a playoff team and maybe a player or two away from being a contender.

Drafting 5th means that you are a train wreck and probably in need of a total overhaul.

gebobs
12-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah because players love to lose games.

Try not to be overly literal.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Look I can see the appeal of wanting a draft pick, but unless you are tanking for a QB then you can find talent throughout. Yeah we missed Willis but we passed on Revis, Timmons, Bowe, and Staley - and they turned out alright. And if you'd actually be upset if the Bills beat the Dolphins and Pats and had a winning division record for the first time in years, then why watch?

Skooby
12-16-2013, 06:46 PM
We're frozen at 10th.

starrymessenger
12-16-2013, 07:12 PM
I would rather draft 15th. It's means we're on the cusp of being a playoff team and maybe a player or two away from being a contender.

Drafting 5th means that you are a train wreck and probably in need of a total overhaul.

Bills are a train wreck.
They deserve, and need, to pick early in the draft.

starrymessenger
12-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Look I can see the appeal of wanting a draft pick, but unless you are tanking for a QB then you can find talent throughout. Yeah we missed Willis but we passed on Revis, Timmons, Bowe, and Staley - and they turned out alright. And if you'd actually be upset if the Bills beat the Dolphins and Pats and had a winning division record for the first time in years, then why watch?

Because I want to be able to visit long term pain on our divisional opponents.

Ingtar33
12-17-2013, 02:10 AM

I wonder what team you've been watching all season. we're pretty close to a total train wreck. The defense has been good enough to get an above average offense into the playoffs. unfortunately this is not an average or even below average offense. Shame we couldn't keep Gailey around to coach the offense. At least he knew how to maximize our over-drafted 3rd down back in a way that almost made him a superstar. Right now Marrone and the clowns in the offensive coaching staff seems puzzled with what to do with him.

Of course while I'm wishing for the impossible it I probably should be wishing for Marshawn Lynch to still be our feature back, and for the bills to not spend a high draft pick on a 3rd down back.

Dr. Lecter
12-17-2013, 04:56 AM
I wonder what team you've been watching all season. we're pretty close to a total train wreck. The defense has been good enough to get an above average offense into the playoffs. unfortunately this is not an average or even below average offense. Shame we couldn't keep Gailey around to coach the offense. At least he knew how to maximize our over-drafted 3rd down back in a way that almost made him a superstar. Right now Marrone and the clowns in the offensive coaching staff seems puzzled with what to do with him.

Of course while I'm wishing for the impossible it I probably should be wishing for Marshawn Lynch to still be our feature back, and for the bills to not spend a high draft pick on a 3rd down back.

a total train wreck means no defense either.

this team is not even close to a total train wreck. Clearly there are some huge holes, but saying it close to total train wreck is hyperbole.

Night Train
12-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Total Train Wrecks don't win 5 games in a rebuilding year for a first year coach and lose 3 others right at the end vs. 3 playoff bound teams ( NE,Cinci,KC ) . This place is full of extreme posting, based on years of frustration. I read in August this team wouldn't win 2 games because certain posters said so. What a load.

We all know the history (mostly sad) of the Bills. Ralph has held this organization back quite often and the idiot Super Marketing Boy is playing with his new toy that's been entrsuted to him. We get it.

Manuel is not a bust yet. He's played 9-10 games and is raw as hell. They drafted an athlete with size and hope to develop him. Right or wrong, he gets another year and in addition, Lewis got a 2 year deal. QB will not be looked at this year.

The draft is hardly something we have aced, so rooting for a "sure pick" is comical. I love how "everyone " knew Kaepernick would be great a year after he showed something (every team passed on him in round 1). Total BS. I saw just as many "can't miss" threads here on Clausen,Gabbert,Tebow and other major winners. Same goes for other positions.

You know...you know *****t. You're all fans just like anyone else with opinions... but quit telling me this "guy" currently playing college ball is a "sure thing".

Go out and win games, especially vs. Miami.. and root for good coaching, good schemes and actual improvement towards becoming a winner. The draft is still rolling the dice more often than not.

YardRat
12-17-2013, 05:33 AM
This team is far from a train wreck.

The defense is a couple of players and game experience in a new system away from being dominant.
The offense is grooming a rookie QB, with a rookie OC, and lacks talent on the o-line. Again, some growth by the young guys and a couple of players away from being at least somewhat consistent and reliable, which at worst will be good enough to win games.
Based this last off-season, this regime's first in all reality, I'm pretty confident they will be able to plug some holes.
The young guys, and there are a lot of them, will grow and get better.

My only concern at this point is Hackett and if he'll be able to grow into the position at this level.

If this were a team of vets, and we had no youth, and even a veteran staff, I might be worried. Considering all the newbies, I'm not.

It actually can be entertaining to watch this team develop, if you just give them that opportunity.

pmoon6
12-17-2013, 05:41 AM
Total Train Wrecks don't win 5 games in a rebuilding year for a first year coach and lose 3 others right at the end vs. 3 playoff bound teams ( NE,Cinci,KC ) . This place is full of extreme posting, based on years of frustration. I read in August this team wouldn't win 2 games because certain posters said so. What a load.

We all know the history (mostly sad) of the Bills. Ralph has held this organization back quite often and the idiot Super Marketing Boy is playing with his new toy that's been entrsuted to him. We get it.

Manuel is not a bust yet. He's played 9-10 games and is raw as hell. They drafted an athlete with size and hope to develop him. Right or wrong, he gets another year and in addition, Lewis got a 2 year deal. QB will not be looked at this year.

The draft is hardly something we have aced, so rooting for a "sure pick" is comical. I love how "everyone " knew Kaepernick would be great a year after he showed something (every team passed on him in round 1). Total BS. I saw just as many "can't miss" threads here on Clausen,Gabbert,Tebow and other major winners. Same goes for other positions.

You know...you know *****t. You're all fans just like anyone else with opinions... but quit telling me this "guy" currently playing college ball is a "sure thing".

Go out and win games, especially vs. Miami.. and root for good coaching, good schemes and actual improvement towards becoming a winner. The draft is still rolling the dice more often than not.Great post.

I think for many so called Fans, they would rather be "right" with their opinion that actually see the team win. Aside from the Pittsburgh and Tampa game, the Bills have been entertaining and competitive. However, I'm not sold on Hackett. He has me scratching my head sometimes, but then again I also think Manuel has to do better on his pre-snap reads and check off to another play.

Like you said, this is a young team and coaching staff. I'm excited for the future.

better days
12-17-2013, 08:51 AM
If the Bills did not have all the injuries they did, I wonder what the record would be.

I think it would be a winning record myself.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-17-2013, 10:40 AM
If the Bills did not have all the injuries they did, I wonder what the record would be.

We rolled into Tampa completely healthy and laid a turd on the field. Stop making excuses, this team earned its record.

The offense is grooming a rookie QB, with a rookie OC, and lacks talent on the o-line. Again, some growth by the young guys and a couple of players away from being at least somewhat consistent and reliable, which at worst will be good enough to win games.

:rofl:

X-Era
12-18-2013, 06:42 AM

Go out and win games, especially vs. Miami.. and root for good coaching, good schemes and actual improvement towards becoming a winner. The draft is still rolling the dice more often than not.
I've been spanked twice... Once in thinking Gabbert would be good and last year in thinking 5 to 7 QB's would go in the 1st 3 rounds. Afterwards, I readily admitted I have no idea anymore which QB prospects are a "sure thing" and where they will go.

It's a damn crap-shoot. I'd rather identify a half dozen needs and go with tiers of prospects and then see who seems to fit.

For the Bills, inking in any player at any slot is a recipe for trouble. And there is no player that I consider a must have for the Bills.

coastal
12-18-2013, 06:46 AM
You people are all delusional.

Historian
12-18-2013, 07:24 AM

I don't know about this year, but certainly there was a season or two during the Jauron 7-9 trifecta that they were Wild Card material where injuries simply prevented them from getting over the hump.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't know about this year, but certainly there was a season or two during the Jauron 7-9 trifecta that they were Wild Card material where injuries simply prevented them from getting over the hump.

That & going for a TD instead of a FG. Even if you make one TD / don't make another versus a FG, you're a point ahead.

better days
12-18-2013, 04:01 PM
We rolled into Tampa completely healthy and laid a turd on the field. Stop making excuses, this team earned its record.

:rofl:[/COLOR]

No question the Bills earned the loss in Tampa.

BUT if the team were HEALTHY over the ENTIRE Season, the record would not be what it is.

They would have won more games than they lost.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 04:09 PM
No question the Bills earned the loss in Tampa.

BUT if the team were HEALTHY over the ENTIRE Season, the record would not be what it is.

They would have won more games than they lost.

Can't this be said of most teams ? EJ has been incapable of staying healthy & we have no back-ups, so we're pre-doomed to begin with.