PDA

View Full Version : is there a difference between crazy old ralph running the team and russ brandon?

trapezeus
12-13-2013, 07:11 AM
I honestly can't tell...and i'm not being a total jackass. I would have hoped that russ would have been slightly more with it than a guy who was 95 and checking out of day to day operations of his team. but this transition has been seamless.

have you honestly noticed a single difference between Russ's Bills and Ralph's Bills?

Jan Reimers
12-13-2013, 07:23 AM
About 50 years.

k-oneputt
12-13-2013, 07:26 AM
The younger Ralph of the 1970's and 80's would of had a cow after that Tampa game.

OpIv37
12-13-2013, 07:50 AM
I honestly can't tell...and i'm not being a total jackass. I would have hoped that russ would have been slightly more with it than a guy who was 95 and checking out of day to day operations of his team. but this transition has been seamless.

have you honestly noticed a single difference between Russ's Bills and Ralph's Bills?
Of course there's not.

There's a reason why Ralph put Russ in charge: he runs the team exactly how Ralph likes it run. The bottom dollar takes preference over winning, and when hiring coaches and FO people, the bottom dollar and the inner circle take preference over winning.

Ralph can trust Russ to put asses in seats without breaking the bank.

coastal
12-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Stupid Bills fans.

Meathead
12-13-2013, 09:11 AM
its been one freakin season

the bills manage to land the #2 most coveted head coach candidate (behind chip kelly), the top new defensive coordinator (pettine), and the worst special teams coach in the league

ok that last one doesnt help my case as crossman has me jonesing for ronnie jones, but still the point is he did a good job getting two of the hottest new coaching names in the nfl to come here. realistic expectations for this season was probably five or six wins and thats where they will end up. tickets remain some of the lowest in the league, AND cheap old russ has been buying up the unsold tix lately so the games can be broadcast on local tv - a very shrewd bidness move that would have given ralph a coronary if russ ever did that while ralph still wore only a single diaper

it doesnt happen overnight. i think its very fair to say we have to give the russ brandenburgstein project a little more time to show positive results on the field

SpikedLemonade
12-13-2013, 09:18 AM
...the bills manage to land the #2 most coveted head coach candidate (behind chip kelly)....

That is what the Bills told us but I think we all know that it was bull****.

trapezeus
12-13-2013, 10:21 AM
you can hate how ralph meddled and ruined good things twice, but at least the guy wasn't a wet noodle about things. he desperately wanted to win, he just thought he knew best.

russ has no clue and just talks like a total politician. He has me wanting to say "it can't get worse". But thankfully the lesson i've learned through bills football is that "it always can get worse". And with the bills you can count on it.

WagonCircler
12-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Ralph is Edgar Bergen. Russ is Charlie McCarthy.

Bill Cody
12-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Ralph is Edgar Bergen.

So is Ralph his nick name?

Pinkerton Security
12-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Wait trapezeus doesnt like our front office?? newsflash!!

WagonCircler
12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
So is Ralph his nick name?

There's this new thing called Google...

trapezeus
12-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Wait trapezeus doesnt like our front office?? newsflash!!
Since most bills fans seem happy to blame everyone but the guys at the top, i'll keep banging the drum on Brandon until he's gone. and i know, just like the rest of you, that he'll be here until ralph isn't part of the team. But the guy gets a free pass from so many bills fans its pathetic.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-13-2013, 04:09 PM
No, not really any difference. After all Russ was hired by Ralph to run the show. This tells me that Ralph and Russ are of the same mindset -- do things as cheaply as possible, get dupes to buy tickets and overpriced merchandise -- and as such nothing will change until Ralph goes to his eternal reward and the team is sold. Of course, unless a business consortium mans up to keep the team in Buffalo Ralph's parting also probably means a relocation.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 09:31 AM
I hope it's not true but it looks like Russ may not throw out big money to anyone. At least Ralph would get a wild hair up his backside and shell out huge coin every now and again.

This team may be scrooged.