PDA

View Full Version : I WANT STEVIE GONE

ublinkwescore
12-15-2013, 01:58 PM
This guy is more detrimental to this team than ANY player we have ever had.

T-Long
12-15-2013, 01:59 PM
His mother just passed away...give him a break

ublinkwescore
12-15-2013, 02:13 PM
When?

thejosh213
12-15-2013, 02:17 PM
This past week

T-Long
12-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Yesterday (Saturday)

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Then don't play. If it wasn't an on going thing with him he gets a pass. But he has done this for a long while. Body language is awful does not hold himself accountable.
If he decided not to play it is more understandable than going through the motions out there and then throwing a fit when a ball hits you.

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Then don't play. If it wasn't an on going thing with him he gets a pass. But he has done this for a long while. Body language is awful does not hold himself accountable.
If he decided not to play it is more understandable than going through the motions out there and then throwing a fit when a ball hits you.

Couldn't agree more. There are plenty of examples of guys coming back and having awesome games after losing someone close- Torry Smith for the Ravens did it after his brother died last season.

Now, everyone deals with grief differently and I certainly don't expect everyone to be able to do that. But I do expect guys to know themselves well enough to know if they can play without being distracted by the situation.

Stevie would have helped the team and himself if he just didn't play and went home to be with his family.

Buffalo Thriller
12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't feel sorry for someone who plays a day after their mother passes away. If he was that devastated he would be with his family.

stuckincincy
12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Couldn't agree more. There are plenty of examples of guys coming back and having awesome games after losing someone close- Torry Smith for the Ravens did it after his brother died last season.

Now, everyone deals with grief differently and I certainly don't expect everyone to be able to do that. But I do expect guys to know themselves well enough to know if they can play without being distracted by the situation.

Stevie would have helped the team and himself if he just didn't play and went home to be with his family.

He stayed for a game check? Wow.

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Yesterday (Saturday)

Then why is he playing?

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Then why is he playing?

Steve Johnson is bad for this team and I hope he is traded in the offseason

pmoon6
12-15-2013, 03:14 PM
More proof that the Anti-Fans are asswipes.

If Johnson didn't play we would have heard "Well, the funeral isn't until Tuesday, he shoulda played!!!!"

GvilleBills
12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
**** that. He showed up to contribute. For all his struggles, don't **** on him after his mom died.

Skooby
12-15-2013, 03:29 PM
I hope we trade him away, he's a needy boy.

pmoon6
12-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I hope we trade him away, he's a needy boy.You should be beaten with a knotted plow line.

kingJofNYC
12-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Steve's not more detrimental than the **** heap we roll out at QB, including EJ.

Cut him, but also cut Hogan, TJ Graham, Easley, and eventually EJ because he's complete garbage and won't be on this team past his first contract. We have two legit starters on OL. Long list of players that are a detriment to this team.

pmoon6
12-15-2013, 03:39 PM
We have lots of so called fans that are detriments as well.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Play nice.

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
This board is filling up with immature jackasses. A shed of ****ing decency would be better, but no. The opinions of the idiotic must be heard.

This board has taken a **** the last few years. It used to be a great board now it is filled with people that get stuck on one thing and jam it down everyone. People can have different opinions and still have a great conversation but most here do not seem to realize that.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Here's what I want to happen with Stevie. Take a pay cut or be cut or traded.

He's not a #1 WR, I want him on the team at the right price. But I definitely want another WR.

kingJofNYC
12-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Here's what I want to happen with Stevie. Take a pay cut or be cut or traded.

He's not a #1 WR, I want him on the team at the right price. But I definitely want another WR.

If you cut Steve you're going to need 2 WRs. He can be an asset to this team. We need to add a WR no matter what, TE too.

TJ, Hogan, Easley are all goners.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 04:04 PM
If you cut Steve you're going to need 2 WRs. He can be an asset to this team. We need to add a WR no matter what, TE too.
I agree. He's just not worth what we're paying him now. Not in this offense.

But Yeah. To me, Woods, Stevie, and a guy like Watkins, Lee, Evans, or Moncrief would be very nice.

I'd like either Watkins in the 1st or Moncrief in the 2nd or 3rd most.

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 04:06 PM

TJ, Hogan, Easley are all goners.

I think depending on who it is you can only add one impact guy. Woods has shown enough I think to warrant the #2 spot. I think Goodwin when healthy could be an effective #3 however that is a gamble. We will need a few after that though. I am still a bit upset they let Rodgers go. He was a project but imo has much more upside than the projects we kept around.

Historian
12-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Excuse of the week.

Buffalo Thriller
12-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Mike Evans is sounding better and better.

GvilleBills
12-15-2013, 04:40 PM
I think depending on who it is you can only add one impact guy. Woods has shown enough I think to warrant the #2 spot. I think Goodwin when healthy could be an effective #3 however that is a gamble. We will need a few after that though. I am still a bit upset they let Rodgers go. He was a project but imo has much more upside than the projects we kept around.
He was a dumbass, but you don't toss physical gifts like his to the curb. Easley has been solid on ST, but has Hogan really done anything Rogers couldn't have? With a much higher ceiling?

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2013, 04:43 PM
He was a dumbass, but you don't toss physical gifts like his to the curb. Easley has been solid on ST, but has Hogan really done anything Rogers couldn't have? With a much higher ceiling?

Is that why he is starting show me progress than all of the Bills rookies currently? Bills were idiots to not sign him to the PS.

Mr. Pink
12-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Yes, great fans here...

They want the best offensive player this team has to be gone next year as well as the best defensive player.

People who want both Stevie and Byrd gone have fully deserved these past 14 years of suck.

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes, great fans here...

They want the best offensive player this team has to be gone next year as well as the best defensive player.

People who want both Stevie and Byrd gone have fully deserved these past 14 years of suck.

How is Stevie the best offensive player on this team? I am unsure he is even the best WR on this team let alone offensive player. Spiller and Jackson are both better, Glenn is better, Wood is better when you compare to counterparts across the NFL

X-Era
12-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes, great fans here...

People who want both Stevie and Byrd gone have fully deserved these past 14 years of suck.Gotta thank this post.

You can't argue that we're just not very good and then want our best players gone.

Stevie drops balls but he's far from the biggest issue on this team.

That said, he needs to take a paycut.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 04:51 PM
How is Stevie the best offensive player on this team? I am unsure he is even the best WR on this team let alone offensive player. Spiller and Jackson are both better, Glenn is better, Wood is better when you compare to counterparts across the NFL
He's not the biggest problem. The fumble was a fumble. Freddy has had them, so has Spiller. He does drop the ball a bit too often. But he also gets open and makes plenty of plays. Reduce his salary and I'd like him here.

That said, we have no #1 WR and I'd like one.

And I'd like us to not bank on Woods developing. He easily could. But I want to add another play-maker with size and speed. Graham belongs on the bench.

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 04:58 PM
He's not the biggest problem. The fumble was a fumble. Freddy has had them, so has Spiller. He does drop the ball a bit too often. But he also gets open and makes plenty of plays. Reduce his salary and I'd like him here.

That said, we have no #1 WR and I'd like one.

And I'd like us to not bank on Woods developing. He easily could. But I want to add another play-maker with size and speed. Graham belongs on the bench.

If he would take half his current contract I would be for it. But with that I would also keep him on a short leash with his body language and maturity. I think they need to do that anyway but they dont have the balls. After his reaction on the ball that hit him today I would have sat him down for the rest of the game. Also notice EJ did not look his way much after that.

His attitude will not help a young qb. It will hurt them more then help him. Be it EJ or another young qb that we draft that attitude can not be tolerated no matter how bad your QB is playing.

Mr. Pink
12-15-2013, 04:58 PM

Spiller is better based on what? He's done a whole lot of nothing this year. Oh wait, let me give the ingrained excuse - he's been hurt! Oh yeah, so has Stevie.

Fred Jackson, while being undervalued by the team, cannot pull ahead of Spiller to get the majority of the snaps...even in a year where Spiller has been god awful terrible when he's not hurt.

And I wouldn't name any offensive lineman as a strength of this offense. We can't run worth jack and EJ Manuel gets sacked like nobodies business.

And pray tell, what WR is better? Graham? He's useless. Goodwin? One trick pony. Woods? Unproven. Easley? One year he'll evolve into the receiver some thought he would be, but probably not. Hogan? He's good at warming the bench.

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Steve Johnson is not good and he is a *****. What kind of idiot would play the day after their mother passes away. I thought favre was an idiot when he started the game after his father died.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 05:05 PM
If he would take half his current contract I would be for it. But with that I would also keep him on a short leash with his body language and maturity. I think they need to do that anyway but they dont have the balls. After his reaction on the ball that hit him today I would have sat him down for the rest of the game. Also notice EJ did not look his way much after that.

His attitude will not help a young qb. It will hurt them more then help him. Be it EJ or another young qb that we draft that attitude can not be tolerated no matter how bad your QB is playing.
If he's a locker room cancer then yes I want him gone. But that's all hearsay. We don't know where he's at. In the public eye he has never made a derogatory comment against the team. I can't think of a single one ever.

He's animated in a goofy way but he's always been positive towards the team.

All that said he isn't worth what we're paying him now.

Skooby
12-15-2013, 05:06 PM
If he's a locker room cancer then yes I want him gone. But that's all hearsay. We don't know where he's at. In the public eye he has never made a derogatory comment against the team. I can't think of a single one ever.

He's animated in a goofy way but he's always been positive towards the team.

All that said he isn't worth what we're paying him now.

Stevie is needy.

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Spiller is better based on what? He's done a whole lot of nothing this year. Oh wait, let me give the ingrained excuse - he's been hurt! Oh yeah, so has Stevie.

Fred Jackson, while being undervalued by the team, cannot pull ahead of Spiller to get the majority of the snaps...even in a year where Spiller has been god awful terrible when he's not hurt.

And I wouldn't name any offensive lineman as a strength of this offense. We can't run worth jack and EJ Manuel gets sacked like nobodies business.

And pray tell, what WR is better? Graham? He's useless. Goodwin? One trick pony. Woods? Unproven. Easley? One year he'll evolve into the receiver some thought he would be, but probably not. Hogan? He's good at warming the bench.

What has Stevie done this year though? Lets look at dropped passes alone between Johnson and Woods. Johnson has dropped 6.5% of the passes thrown to him. Woods has dropped 1.4%. That said Johnson's is not that bad compared to the rest of the league. But to me Johnson drops those passes at huge times. When he gets open and makes a catch he offers no RAC ability all he does is fall forward or sideways. Johnson ha lost us at least one but probably two games with his drops. The patriots game and the falcons game. How would those two extra wins look right now?

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2013, 05:14 PM
What has Stevie done this year though? Lets look at dropped passes alone between Johnson and Woods. Johnson has dropped 6.5% of the passes thrown to him. Woods has dropped 1.4%. That said Johnson's is not that bad compared to the rest of the league. But to me Johnson drops those passes at huge times. When he gets open and makes a catch he offers no RAC ability all he does is fall forward or sideways. Johnson ha lost us at least one but probably two games with his drops. The patriots game and the falcons game. How would those two extra wins look right now?

Too many other players dropped the ball to just blame steve johnson but i don't like his attitude and the demeanor on the field.

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 05:29 PM
**** that. He showed up to contribute. For all his struggles, don't **** on him after his mom died.

He showed up to contribute but didn't. It would have been better if he didn't show up any all.

And he doesn't get a free pass on his struggles all season because his mom died yesterday. He has no one but himsel to blame and deserves all the **** he takes.

Mr. Pink
12-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Chandler lost the Falcon game just as much as Stevie, if not more. The Bills could have still won after Stevie's fumble. Once Chandler fumbled it was over. If you look at drop rates around the NFL, there are plenty of guys who drop the ball as much or more than him. Steve Smith has a higher drop rate as does Wes Welker. Should the Panthers and Broncos respectively cut those two? And finally, of course Stevie will drop more balls and probably at a higher rate than Woods, he's been targeted 30+ times more.

None of this excuses the fact that Stevie isn't what the NFL considers a number 1 WR these days, do we need to get one of those? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean Stevie is just a bum either. What Stevie is, or should be, is a slot possession receiver. He lacks top end speed but has one of, if not, the best move off the line of any receiver in the NFL. He can simply get open any time he wants around the LOS. Having a QB who doesn't throw the ball all over the place in his direction would help too but also, Stevie needs to work on his hands.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I want to change my user name

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 05:35 PM

If Johnson didn't play we would have heard "Well, the funeral isn't until Tuesday, he shoulda played!!!!"

First, this post is absurd because it is based on your assumption of how other people would have reacted in a situation that never actually occurred. This nonsense happens all the time on this board and it shouldn't be accepted.

Second, the "anti-fans" are the ones who latch on to their favorite players and defend them no matter how much detriment they cause to this team. Stevie has hurt this team with his immaturity and lack of concentration time and time again, yet somehow people defend him anyway. It's always someone else's fault: the QB, the coach, the ref, the other team's defender.... It's counter-intuitive that so called "fans" get frustrated that the team isn't winning while simultaneously defending the asshats like Stevie who keep us from winning.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-15-2013, 05:36 PM
I want to change my username to
"insert name of overrated player here"

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Chandler lost the Falcon game just as much as Stevie, if not more. The Bills could have still won after Stevie's fumble. Once Chandler fumbled it was over. If you look at drop rates around the NFL, there are plenty of guys who drop the ball as much or more than him. Steve Smith has a higher drop rate as does Wes Welker. Should the Panthers and Broncos respectively cut those two? And finally, of course Stevie will drop more balls and probably at a higher rate than Woods, he's been targeted 30+ times more.

None of this excuses the fact that Stevie isn't what the NFL considers a number 1 WR these days, do we need to get one of those? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean Stevie is just a bum either. What Stevie is, or should be, is a slot possession receiver. He lacks top end speed but has one of, if not, the best move off the line of any receiver in the NFL. He can simply get open any time he wants around the LOS. Having a QB who doesn't throw the ball all over the place in his direction would help too but also, Stevie needs to work on his hands.

How does your logic work with the drop percentage? Because he has more targets his percentage would be higher? It is the opposite each of Woods drops would affect his percentage more because he was targeted less.

EricStratton
12-15-2013, 05:42 PM
He showed up to contribute but didn't. It would have been better if he didn't show up any all.

And he doesn't get a free pass on his struggles all season because his mom died yesterday. He has no one but himsel to blame and deserves all the **** he takes.

Maybe he thought he could do it and once the game got going it caught up to him and he couldn't perform. Everyone handles grief differently and he tried to make it work.

He gets credit for that.

Mr. Pink
How does your logic work with the drop percentage? Because he has more targets his percentage would be higher? It is the opposite each of Woods drops would affect his percentage more because he was targeted less.

When you're targeted more the chance that passes will be errant in your direction will be higher...therefore you have more potential at dropping passes. Like that interception last week that went off his hands, it's a drop obviously, but it was a horrible throw too. I can't honestly recall Woods running a slant when the ball was over his head like that.

Albany,n.y.
Steve Johnson is not good and he is a *****. What kind of idiot would play the day after their mother passes away. I thought favre was an idiot when he started the game after his father died.
It's not that easy. Depending on when the funeral is, there may be nothing to do until later in the week, so not playing really wouldn't do anything but please people who feel like you. What's he supposed to do?
When my mother died, she was on the other side of the country and we couldn't do anything until her body arrived back east, so there was nothing to do for a few days. The 1st day I went home from work, went to the board of elections & voted because I was going to be out of town for the funeral & really just wanted to be alone. Day 2 was Halloween & I handed out candy-it kind of helped make me feel a little better (note-SJ is on day 2). Day 3, my sister came in from California & I picked her up at the airport & we had to shop for a dress to bury my mother in. Day 4 I drove to LI and we had to meet with the funeral director, after that since the Bills were playing the Jets, we went over to an ex-in-law's family's house & I watched the game with my sister's ex & others. The funeral wasn't until she was gone for 5 days.
I guess you wouldn't have approved of me watching the Bills game the day before my mother's funeral, but really-there was nothing else to do.

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Maybe he thought he could do it and once the game got going it caught up to him and he couldn't perform. Everyone handles grief differently and he tried to make it work.

He gets credit for that.
So what you just said is that you give him credit for trying and failing.

**** that.

I'm sick of people giving players and the team credit for abstract concepts like "effort" or "potential." It's time to stop reducing the standards and only giving credit for results.

The team got results today in spite of Stevie. He gets no credit.

GvilleBills
12-15-2013, 05:54 PM

I never said he's excused, I said show some class and don't pile on today.
Should he have played? Not for you to say, between him and his team.

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I never said he's excused, I said show some class and don't pile on today.
Should he have played? Not for you to say, between him and his team.

Results speak for themselves. He didn't get results, therefore he shouldn't have played. He didn't get results (again) so he deserves to get piled on.

Again, he doesn't get a pass for his poor performance all season due to something unrelated to football that happened yesterday.

lightningbolt444
12-15-2013, 06:38 PM
When you're targeted more the chance that passes will be errant in your direction will be higher...therefore you have more potential at dropping passes. Like that interception last week that went off his hands, it's a drop obviously, but it was a horrible throw too. I can't honestly recall Woods running a slant when the ball was over his head like that.

You mean the one where it hit Stevie in the head. Lets not pretend that it was a few feet over his head. Drop percentage is based on catachable balls. The less opportunities you have the more each drop will affect your percentage.

Skooby
12-15-2013, 06:44 PM

We can't spend #1 money on a #2.5-#3 WR, Stevie wouldn't even be a starter on several teams.

EricStratton
12-15-2013, 06:59 PM
''It was something he kind of kept to himself,'' running back Fred Jackson said. ''He didn't want to bother us. We appreciate him. We appreciate him coming out here and fighting with us and doing everything he could.''

His teammates who know him and fight with him disagree but I'm sure you know better Op.

Beebe's Kid
12-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I haven't really checked in that much lately, but it is hilarious that people are piling on Stevie. When I was a frequent visitor, you couldn't say a bad word about the guy...now, only a short while later, the pitchforks are out.

The lack of empathy for another human being, for the simple fact that they wear a Buffalo jersey is disgusting. His ****ing mother died. I don't care what he did, or didn't do. That is not something that happens to people all of the time...in fact, it happens one time in your entire life, and it is a big ****ing deal.

That being said, I have never thought Stevie was a #1. I have always had issues with the drops. His antics are big because of the fans. They love that ****, until they don't...then they turn on you.

Restructure Stevie to keep Byrd. That shouldn't be a tough decision. Stevie might not want to play along, but why would he? He wants to make money too. This would be the business end of the game, which so many fail to see objectively, but through the eyes of an obsessed fan that can't forgive a bad game after a player's mother died.

Good luck with that approach to life.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-15-2013, 07:38 PM
I haven't really checked in that much lately, but it is hilarious that people are piling on Stevie. When I was a frequent visitor, you couldn't say a bad word about the guy...now, only a short while later, the pitchforks are out.

The lack of empathy for another human being, for the simple fact that they wear a Buffalo jersey is disgusting. His ****ing mother died. I don't care what he did, or didn't do. That is not something that happens to people all of the time...in fact, it happens one time in your entire life, and it is a big ****ing deal.

That being said, I have never thought Stevie was a #1. I have always had issues with the drops. His antics are big because of the fans. They love that ****, until they don't...then they turn on you.

Restructure Stevie to keep Byrd. That shouldn't be a tough decision. Stevie might not want to play along, but why would he? He wants to make money too. This would be the business end of the game, which so many fail to see objectively, but through the eyes of an obsessed fan that can't forgive a bad game after a player's mother died.

It's not just today's game, it's been the boneheaded ****ty play over the last 3 weeks.

Meathead
12-15-2013, 07:57 PM
stevies had a down season thats for sure. but this is going to be a long and tough off-season for him with his moms passing doing a number on his head. football is pretty unimportant in that context but for him it could be a savior or a curse as he works his way through it. that kind of super high profile job could either recreate him or destroy him. for his sake i hope hes able to dedicate himself to his job in honor of his mother. and for us we might finally see a mature stevie emerge from the wreckage

coastal
12-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Shameful thread.

Owen DeBoard
12-15-2013, 08:11 PM

Fred Jackson is clearly the best offensive player on this team. Hes the most consistent and is the leader of the team also.

imbondz
12-15-2013, 08:26 PM
All of you complaining about Stevie playing in spite of his mom dying yesterday are dbags. Let us know how productive you are after your mom passes away. If he sat out, you'd say he's no Brett Favre, who played within days of his Dad dying, or whoever else. He gets a pass today and maybe even the next 2 weeks. He's already proven we need WR help, but to spew on him today is crazy.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Stevie-plays-despite-news-of-mothers-passing/bccb23cb-e23d-4257-a2c3-31f69352bcf8?campaign=tw_buf_article

Johnson never told any of his teammates about the loss of his mother Saturday night or prior to the game Sunday. <nobr>EJ Manuelhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/ej-manuel/b82e36fa-61ba-42fc-835b-f86cfd2a31fb/)</nobr> only found out after Sunday’s game had concluded.

tampabay25690
12-15-2013, 08:51 PM
U know.... I kind of said the same thing during the game on Facebook.
I sat right behind the Bills bench and Stevie and the WR'S were right there....
I thought he wasn't trying at all and know one would even get close to him....
Thanks to TLONG who told me what happened..
I felt bad after...

X-Era
12-15-2013, 09:00 PM
It's not just today's game, it's been the boneheaded ****ty play over the last 3 weeks.
There's maybe 5 plays that you can point to. The fumble is obviously one. Go ahead and list the rest.

X-Era
12-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Ya know, Im not an apologist by any means and think he should take a pay cut...

But, have any of you had people calling in talking **** on you on radio stations for weeks? The media calling you out personally for your job performance? Thousands of people wanting you gone and bellowing how you suck at your job?

And then have your mother die in the mix of all that?

Yes, he's rich in our worlds. But he's still human. And this year must suck ass for him.

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2013, 09:48 PM
It's not that easy. Depending on when the funeral is, there may be nothing to do until later in the week, so not playing really wouldn't do anything but please people who feel like you. What's he supposed to do?
When my mother died, she was on the other side of the country and we couldn't do anything until her body arrived back east, so there was nothing to do for a few days. The 1st day I went home from work, went to the board of elections & voted because I was going to be out of town for the funeral & really just wanted to be alone. Day 2 was Halloween & I handed out candy-it kind of helped make me feel a little better (note-SJ is on day 2). Day 3, my sister came in from California & I picked her up at the airport & we had to shop for a dress to bury my mother in. Day 4 I drove to LI and we had to meet with the funeral director, after that since the Bills were playing the Jets, we went over to an ex-in-law's family's house & I watched the game with my sister's ex & others. The funeral wasn't until she was gone for 5 days.
I guess you wouldn't have approved of me watching the Bills game the day before my mother's funeral, but really-there was nothing else to do.

Such a great comparison. :clap:

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 10:23 PM
It's not just today's game, it's been the boneheaded ****ty play over the last 3 years.

I fixed it for you.

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 10:26 PM
All of you complaining about Stevie playing in spite of his mom dying yesterday are dbags. Let us know how productive you are after your mom passes away. If he sat out, you'd say he's no Brett Favre, who played within days of his Dad dying, or whoever else. He gets a pass today and maybe even the next 2 weeks. He's already proven we need WR help, but to spew on him today is crazy.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Stevie-plays-despite-news-of-mothers-passing/bccb23cb-e23d-4257-a2c3-31f69352bcf8?campaign=tw_buf_article

Johnson never told any of his teammates about the loss of his mother Saturday night or prior to the game Sunday. <nobr>EJ Manuelhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/ej-manuel/b82e36fa-61ba-42fc-835b-f86cfd2a31fb/)</nobr> only found out after Sunday’s game had concluded.

here's the problem: It isn't just today. This guy has had these same problems forever.

If he was generally reliable and ****ed up today because he was distracted by his mother's passing, he'd get a pass. But that's not the case. He ****s up more often than not. It's just more of the same from him.

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 10:35 PM

Stevie has no common sense. He has proven that time and time again. If that wasn't the case, maybe I could give him a pass for not realizing he wouldn't be able to play in this situation. But it's just more proof that he's not mature enough to handle the situation he's in under normal circumstances, much less circumstances like these.

And it's got nothing to do with empathy. Of course we feel bad that the guy lost his mother. But there are coaches, teammates and fans counting on him. If he's not up to doing the job and couldn't play today, I get that, and I would have had absolutely nothing bad to say about him today if he had stayed away. But in typical Stevie fashion, he lacked the self-awareness and maturity to realize that the football field was not the place for him today. You're trying to make it about just today, but it's about far more than that.

And I can't speak for others but I'm one of the ones who has always been critical of him.

OpIv37
12-15-2013, 10:39 PM
A mother Saturday night or prior to the game Sunday. [/I]<nobr>EJ Manuelhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/ej-manuel/b82e36fa-61ba-42fc-835b-f86cfd2a31fb/)</nobr> only found out after Sunday’s game had conclude[/B]d.

one more thing on this: if this is is true, it means Stevie thought he was man enough to keep this to himself and deal with it on his own. But he wasn't, and it hurt the team. More immaturity.

pmoon6
12-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Hmmm. People deal with grief differently. Some like to keep busy to keep their mind off it as alluded to by Albany. Maybe that was on Stevie's mind. However, it still affects your concentration and no matter how hard you try, the mind wanders. Call it an excuse, call it anything you like.

My own mother died last Thanksgiving Day. I stayed busy with plane flights, car rentals, writing her eulogy, etc. I rationalized her death by knowing she lived a very long life, didn't suffer and went quickly. It would have been much more difficult if she went when she was 65, which is probably around Stevie's Moms age. It also would have been more difficult if she had a long convalescence without any quality of life. For that, I feel lucky that she didn't. The mind is a fascinating organ, it tries to protect itself from stress and I'm sure you all know the stages of grief. They are different for everybody and we don't know where Johnson's head is at.

We also don't know the particulars about Steve's mother, what she and he went through, nor should we. That's private and personal. Just that fact the most important person in his life is gone should be enough for anyone to cut him a little slack. I never made my mother's death public until now because I never liked people saying "Sorry" and the trite platitudes that go with a loved one's death, but I felt given the opinions put forth in this thread, I should.

Some of the posters in this thread should be ashamed of themselves. Do you really think this is the time to talk about a guys' job performance? Why don't you just go spit on the guy because that would probably be better. Compound it with the fact that he is just playing a game for YOUR entertainment and there you have it. Americans' obsession with self.

EricStratton
12-16-2013, 07:55 AM
She was 48 pmoon.

pmoon6
12-16-2013, 08:01 AM
She was 48 pmoon.Even worse. My heart goes out to him.

jamze132
12-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Damn some of you have NO CLASS WHATSOEVER!

There's a reason this board has taken a huge dump over the past year.

imbondz
12-16-2013, 09:52 AM
here's the problem: It isn't just today. This guy has had these same problems forever.

If he was generally reliable and ****ed up today because he was distracted by his mother's passing, he'd get a pass. But that's not the case. He ****s up more often than not. It's just more of the same from him.

I'm all for getting rid of Stevie, just think it's lame to bash his play the day after his mom died. that's all.

lightningbolt444
12-16-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm all for getting rid of Stevie, just think it's lame to bash his play the day after his mom died. that's all.

Why? I feel for him I really do and would not have said a negative thing about him had he sat the game out because of her death. It is an awful thing for anyone to go through. That said if a person thinks they can perform their job then they deserve to be judged the same way they always would. People can come up with excuse after excuse of why they cant perform their job death is one that you should excuse yourself if you feel you cant perform up to your standards.

He should have gone to the coach and said I thought I could handle it but I really cant sat down and collected his thoughts. Something that strikes me as well is it seems NONE of his teammates knew about it. So EJ not throwing to him and basically taking him out of the game after the drop that hit him basically tell me he didnt look his way because of Stevie's actions on the field. That is even worse to me because it shows our #1 WR and our supposed #1 QB are not on the same page.

This is not about just this past week either it has been a few years of this. Then an excuse either from Stevie or the fans comes out it is the same thing over and over.

It is just a game and it does not come close to measuring up to a life no game or job does however if you are going to go and perform your job be it a game or not you should be judged to the same standards as everyone else.

pmoon6
12-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Hmmm. What he should have done? You can't judge because you are not in his shoes, you can only speculate what you would do. Even then you don't really know until you are in that situation.

I still marvel at the guys that seem to know things. Maybe they can get a TV show as the next Dr. Phil.

We are just spectators, some worse than others.

EricStratton
12-16-2013, 11:36 AM
By all reports his teammates appreciated the effort, even if fans looking from the outside can't.

OpIv37
12-16-2013, 11:50 AM
By all reports his teammates appreciated the effort, even if fans looking from the outside can't.

Well of course that's what they said to the media. They may have been pissed as hell at him for not staying away, but they're not going to air that dirty laundry to reporters.

OpIv37
12-16-2013, 11:52 AM

He's being bashed by his play on the field- nothing more, nothing less. It's irrelevant if the day before the game was the best day of his life or the worst day.

OpIv37
12-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Hmmm. What he should have done? You can't judge because you are not in his shoes, you can only speculate what you would do. Even then you don't really know until you are in that situation.

I still marvel at the guys that seem to know things. Maybe they can get a TV show as the next Dr. Phil.

We are just spectators, some worse than others.

Once again, results speak for themselves. He should not have been there, and he should have had the self awareness to know he shouldn't have been there. And Stevie certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on maturity issues ....

Mr. Pink
12-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Well of course that's what they said to the media. They may have been pissed as hell at him for not staying away, but they're not going to air that dirty laundry to reporters.

This I will agree with.

I'm sure there was more than a few guys in that locker room that probably thought he should have just stayed home with his family. I'm there was more than a few guys that appreciated his effort and gained some respect for him. And I'm sure a few guys probably couldn't have cared less. It's human nature.

Those guys that think he should have stayed home or didn't care one way or another wouldn't publicly state that as it looks bad upon their perceived character.

pmoon6
12-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Once again, results speak for themselves. He should not have been there, and he should have had the self awareness to know he shouldn't have been there. And Stevie certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on maturity issues ....You miss the point. Having a bunch of asswipes using yesterday as an example for wanting Johnson gone is stupid and inappropriate. I know you covered your ass by saying "I've wanted him gone for three years", but you still took this opportunity to reiterate your BS.

Once again, the only reason I can see for doing this is to pimp how much you think you know about football and the Buffalo Bills.

Too bad it makes you guys look like douchebags.

Then again, we already knew that without confirmation.

ThunderGun
12-16-2013, 12:30 PM
This guy is more detrimental to this team than ANY player we have ever had.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/overstate

lightningbolt444
12-16-2013, 12:35 PM
You miss the point. Having a bunch of asswipes using yesterday as an example for wanting Johnson gone is stupid and inappropriate. I know you covered your ass by saying "I've wanted him gone for three years", but you still took this opportunity to reiterate your BS.

Once again, the only reason I can see for doing this is to pimp how much you think you know about football and the Buffalo Bills.

I think everyone just has a difference in opinion. Stevie has been having these boneheaded plays for years. His performance on the field yesterday was awful but one bad game does not mean get rid of someone. I am pretty sure most of us are saying get rid of him based on his track record.

I also will state again I think it is unfair of him to play and people to expect him to be judged to different standards after his mother died. If you show up you perform at your job end of story. If you cant then you stay away for a bit.

Some of you are acting as others have not gone through any loss of their own but fact remains almost every single person has lost someone close to them.

One of the things I dislike is not judging people and their performance based on the circumstances. Do you give people that have a great track record a pass if they dont perform for any given reason sure you do for a bit but if their track record is not the greatest or their performance dips for to long then you have to judge accordingly. EVERYONE has circumstances everyone deals with things if you show up you perform and expect to be held to the same standards as always. Death is probably the hardest thing of all to deal with but it is part of life most people need to take a step back after a death and that is fine knowing yourself and knowing if you need to step back or not shows your ability to deal with circumstances.

OpIv37
12-16-2013, 12:42 PM
You miss the point. Having a bunch of asswipes using yesterday as an example for wanting Johnson gone is stupid and inappropriate. I know you covered your ass by saying "I've wanted him gone for three years", but you still took this opportunity to reiterate your BS.

Lmao, "reiterate BS."

Johnson reiterates his BS on the field time and time again, but you don't call him out. You just call me out for mentioning it.

Shoot the messenger syndrome- it's much easier on you mentally to think that I'm a douchebag who's full of BS than to admit a supposed "star" on this team is very, very flawed.

pmoon6
12-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Lmao, "reiterate BS."

Johnson reiterates his BS on the field time and time again, but you don't call him out. You just call me out for mentioning it.

Shoot the messenger syndrome- it's much easier on you mentally to think that I'm a douchebag who's full of BS than to admit a supposed "star" on this team is very, very flawed.HaHaHa. I've already gave my opinion of Stevie Johnson. I said he's a decent receiver who nuts up in the clutch.

Happy?

LYAO all you want and don't give me any of that "Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player" crap.

better days
12-16-2013, 01:46 PM

Pissed at him for not staying away? That is the most stupid thing you have ever said Op.

pmoon6
12-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Pissed at him for not staying away? That is the most stupid thing you have ever said Op.I think you may have to start rating all his posts with 1 to 5 stars on a sliding scale of stupidity.

Beebe's Kid
12-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I forgot to say that the "I WANT STEVIE GONE" is hilarious.

Who the **** are you?

You want him gone...that is just plain ridiculous. Thanks for the laugh.

OpIv37
12-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Pissed at him for not staying away? That is the most stupid thing you have ever said Op.

Stevie showed up when he wasn't in a mental condition to play, and his lack of concentration hurt the team.

That is a perfectly legit reason for players to be pissed.

better days
12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Stevie showed up when he wasn't in a mental condition to play, and his lack of concentration hurt the team.

That is a perfectly legit reason for players to be pissed.

How did he hurt the team? I think the team was inspired by the fact he gave the effort to play.

And EJ, can take much of the blame for Stevie's lack of production in the game yesterday as well as the season along with Thad & Jeff.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-16-2013, 03:26 PM

Exactly, he should have played. Why in the aftermath of deaths of family and other loved ones, I always went to work or school. Oh sure, my performance was awful, but tears streaking down my cheeks I went.

OpIv37
12-16-2013, 04:37 PM
How did he hurt the team? I think the team was inspired by the fact he gave the effort to play.

And EJ, can take much of the blame for Stevie's lack of production in the game yesterday as well as the season along with Thad & Jeff.
The early drop on the screen play, chewing out EJ because he didn't get his head around on time, being invisible for most of the game. Those things hurt the team.

Oh so it's the QB's fault that Stevie is struggling? His last QB got run out of town to the tune of something like 9 million in dead cap, and we still all cheered when it happened. Stevie did fine with poor QB play in the past according to you, but now that he's struggling it's the QB's fault. St Stevie can do no wrong.

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2013, 06:38 PM

I think it's lame that he played a day after his mom died.

Skooby
12-16-2013, 06:52 PM

I'm looking back at my Stevie is needy post & you called me every name in the book.

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm looking back at my Stevie is needy post & you called me every name in the book.

I would love for you to show me the posts of all the names I called you.

Skooby
12-16-2013, 08:46 PM
I would love for you to show me the posts of all the names I called you.

Dumb about 6 times, usually it's only 4-5 times a thread. My point is, I post stuff a month before many of you post the same or similar. Give people who can look ahead the chance to express themselves, without calling them names or labeling them. Just to be clear here, don't be a dick if you might end up in the same place.

better days
12-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Dumb about 6 times, usually it's only 4-5 times a thread. My point is, I post stuff a month before many of you post the same or similar. Give people who can look ahead the chance to express themselves, without calling them names or labeling them. Just to be clear here, don't be a dick if you might end up in the same place.

The only person that never makes a mistake is a person that doesn't do anything.

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2013, 10:18 PM

I called skooby dumb 8 times in one post. I didn't call you every name in the book. Stop lying.

Skooby
12-16-2013, 10:36 PM
I called skooby dumb 8 times in one post. I didn't call you every name in the book. Stop lying.

You want Stevie traded now ? Did you then ? What happened ?

Mouldsie
12-16-2013, 11:23 PM
**** everyone that agrees with this thread

OpIv37
12-16-2013, 11:26 PM
**** everyone that agrees with this thread

**** everyone who defends a player that continues to hurt this team. Stevie is part of the problem.

Mouldsie
12-16-2013, 11:29 PM
One of the most prolific players in NFL history before the age of 27. Absolute trash at QB

better days
12-17-2013, 12:24 AM
The early drop on the screen play, chewing out EJ because he didn't get his head around on time, being invisible for most of the game. Those things hurt the team.

Oh so it's the QB's fault that Stevie is struggling? His last QB got run out of town to the tune of something like 9 million in dead cap, and we still all cheered when it happened. Stevie did fine with poor QB play in the past according to you, but now that he's struggling it's the QB's fault. St Stevie can do no wrong.

The ball was poorly thrown on that play. As were most of EJ's passes in the first Qtr.

The difference between this year & past years is the other receivers are better now than receivers in the past so the QB has other options to throw to besides Stevie & the QB play is worse than Fitz was.

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2013, 12:40 AM
You want Stevie traded now ? Did you then ? What happened ?

No, I was calling skooby dumb because it was the third thread he made that day.

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2013, 12:42 AM
One of the most prolific players in NFL history before the age of 27. Absolute trash at QB

One of the most prolific player in NFL history? I hope you don't seriously believe this. He has been good prior to this season. He has regressed this season and is a total detriment to this team. I say this being one of his biggest supporters since being drafted. He isn't going to change and he needs to be traded.

better days
12-17-2013, 09:00 AM
One of the most prolific player in NFL history? I hope you don't seriously believe this. He has been good prior to this season. He has regressed this season and is a total detriment to this team. I say this being one of his biggest supporters since being drafted. He isn't going to change and he needs to be traded.

It is not easy to trade a player & get anything of value after the kind of year Stevie has had.

I think the best thing to do is keep him another year & hope he bounces back.

OpIv37
12-17-2013, 09:04 AM
The ball was poorly thrown on that play. As were most of EJ's passes in the first Qtr.

The difference between this year & past years is the other receivers are better now than receivers in the past so the QB has other options to throw to besides Stevie & the QB play is worse than Fitz was.
As usual, it's never Stevie's fault....the pass wasn't perfect but Stevie got both hands on it. A guy making #1 WR money needs to make that catch.

and he doesn't really have other options besides Chandler, who was here last year, and Woods. Goodwin and Graham have been useless and Hogan only comes in in 5 wide sets and hasn't been productive either.

better days
12-17-2013, 09:10 AM
As usual, it's never Stevie's fault....the pass wasn't perfect but Stevie got both hands on it. A guy making #1 WR money needs to make that catch.

and he doesn't really have other options besides Chandler, who was here last year, and Woods, Goodwin and Graham have been useless and Hogan only comes in in 5 wide sets and hasn't been productive either.

Woods, Goodwin & Graham useless? SERIOUSLY???????

I don't know if you were talking about that game or in general, but in either case you are WRONG.

All three of those guys are weapons & while Goodwin & Graham didn't have any catches in the Jags game, they stretched the field & put up yds with pass interference penalties.

OpIv37
12-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Woods, Goodwin & Graham useless? SERIOUSLY???????

I don't know if you were talking about that game or in general, but in either case you are WRONG.

All three of those guys are weapons & while Goodwin & Graham didn't have any catches in the Jags game, they stretched the field & put up yds with pass interference penalties.

That was a typo- should have been a period after Woods. I meant to say that Goodwin and Graham have been useless, not Woods. Woods has been very good.

gr8slayer
12-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

Goodwin is showing flashes though, I can live with that for a rookie WR.
That was a typo- should have been a period after Woods. I meant to say that Goodwin and Graham have been useless, not Woods. Woods has been very good.

lightningbolt444
12-17-2013, 09:51 AM

and he doesn't really have other options besides Chandler, who was here last year, and Woods. Goodwin and Graham have been useless and Hogan only comes in in 5 wide sets and hasn't been productive either.

What I dont understand is why whoever our QB is the fans expect the ball to be perfectly thrown every time. Not saying EJ has been accurate at all but sometimes WRs have to adjust a little bit no matter who the QB is. If a ball hits you in the hands or anywhere for that matter you catch it you are taught that in pee wee.

Not one QB in this league makes a perfect throw every time. In fact I would say most only make 2-3 perfect throws a game. The rest they put in the area of their WR to make the play. Accuracy is not putting the ball in a perfect spot every time. Accuracy is putting the ball in a spot that will allow your WR to make a play

better days
12-17-2013, 10:01 AM

I guess you dropped the ball. And you are wrong about Goodwin & Graham, they are not useless, they both at the very least stretch the field & both have put points on the board this year.

They are both better than any WR the bills have had the last number of years except Stevie.

better days
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
What I dont understand is why whoever our QB is the fans expect the ball to be perfectly thrown every time. Not saying EJ has been accurate at all but sometimes WRs have to adjust a little bit no matter who the QB is. If a ball hits you in the hands or anywhere for that matter you catch it you are taught that in pee wee.

Not one QB in this league makes a perfect throw every time. In fact I would say most only make 2-3 perfect throws a game. The rest they put in the area of their WR to make the play. Accuracy is not putting the ball in a perfect spot every time. Accuracy is putting the ball in a spot that will allow your WR to make a play

Marrone commented on the fact EJ's balls were not perfectly thrown in that game & the receivers had to make plays to catch the ball.