PDA

View Full Version : Frank Summers

casdhf
12-15-2013, 07:11 PM
I love this guy. Frank the Tank. Bring your green hat!

Mace
12-15-2013, 07:15 PM
You know, I do too. We actually have a fullback that can run, block and catch that is useful on more than special teams.

Go Frank Go ! Give the ball to Frank ! We have a useful guy named Frank, without dicking around !

Meathead
12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
i love the guy too. and its amazing he wasnt able to find a team that wanted him to play for two of the five years since leaving college

but im surprised he hasnt gotten a penalty yet. he lowers his head to lay the boom on potential tacklers, and thats supposed to be flagged this season. my guess is the nfl isnt calling it this first season to let the players have a buffer period, but i expect hes gonna have to rein that in if hes still on the team next year

Night Train
12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
He's a keeper. A human bowling ball.

Owen DeBoard
12-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Frank and Fred you gotta love those names.

coastal
12-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Frank and Fred you gotta love those names.im telling you... get a LG, RT and Brandon Pettigrew in free agency and run the ball down everyone's throats next year.

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2013, 08:28 PM
He's gotta get better at lead blocking. He misses a lot. It's good to see him used as a short yardage guy, though.

Buffalo Thriller
12-15-2013, 08:54 PM
He's gotta get better at lead blocking. He misses a lot. It's good to see him used as a short yardage guy, though.
He paved the way for EJs run TD.

kingJofNYC
12-15-2013, 09:06 PM

Pretty much. Fun watching him lower his shoulder on a carry or catch, but he has to get better at run blocking.

WagonCircler
12-15-2013, 09:27 PM
You know, I do too. We actually have a fullback that can run, block and catch that is useful on more than special teams.

Go Frank Go ! Give the ball to Frank ! We have a useful guy named Frank, without dicking around !

Best since one of my all time favorite Bills, Sam Gash.

black N yellow
12-15-2013, 09:32 PM

I was about to say the same.

Maybe it was the older bigger pads, but the dude looked like a lineman by todays standards.

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2013, 09:32 PM

Actually, he missed his block and took forever to get through the hole, but EJ scored anyway. As a matter of fact, he kind of got in EJ's way and then hit no one.

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2013, 09:40 PM

Maybe, but only because....well....who else have we had at FB? Gash was a beast. Summers couldn't hold his cleats.

Scumbag College
12-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Gash was probably the best lead blocking FB of the era. However, lead blocking FBs are almost obsolete today. The few teams that use FBs in the NFL now use them as receiving options and running options, and FBs for the sole purpose of being lead blockers are only used in goal line situations. And even then, a bunch of teams are using DTs and TEs as the FB.

Mace
12-15-2013, 10:00 PM

Don't have a clue what you are seeing. He's always nailing someone. Saw him bounce Poz like a superball on a meaningless play, he inevitably plows someone under. When he's in on running plays, someone gets nailed. Think I've seen him miss two blocks all year. Might be fashionable to say he needs to be better and misses his blocks when he's in on running plays, which is mostly all he's ever in on and seems to do just fine.

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2013, 10:19 PM
He's a keeper. A human bowling ball.

Perfect.

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Don't have a clue what you are seeing. He's always nailing someone. Saw him bounce Poz like a superball on a meaningless play, he inevitably plows someone under. When he's in on running plays, someone gets nailed. Think I've seen him miss two blocks all year. Might be fashionable to say he needs to be better and misses his blocks when he's in on running plays, which is mostly all he's ever in on and seems to do just fine.

Hmmm. I see him either whiffing or getting gobbled up at the LOS fairly often. He isn't horrible, but he's got a long way to go before anyone can favorably compare him to Sam Gash. I was responding to that comparison and the comment that he "paved the way for EJ's TD." I like his energy level, the fact that he can carry the ball at the goal line, and that he has decent hands. His lead blocking is his definite weakness.

kingJofNYC
12-15-2013, 10:51 PM
There's a reason they brought Evan Rodriguez in.

ICRockets
12-16-2013, 12:50 AM
im telling you... get a LG, RT and Brandon Pettigrew in free agency and run the ball down everyone's throats next year.

There is literally no player I want less than I want Brandon Pettigrew. Steve Chandler has more reliable hands than that piece of junk.

WagonCircler
12-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Steve Chandler has more reliable hands than that piece of junk.

Who?

CommissarSpartacus
12-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Frank Summers has impressed me.

Get him the ball some more.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Frank Summers is an average NFL FB in a league where FBs are becoming scarce because they are no longer a necessity in today's offensive schemes.

He stays, he goes, he gets replaced, we never employ a FB ever again...none of it matters.

jdaltroy5
12-16-2013, 02:30 PM
There is literally no player I want less than I want Brandon Pettigrew. Steve Chandler has more reliable hands than that piece of junk.
Also, I would not sign a LB in FA because we already Carl Alonso and Mark Lawson.

The King
12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Just cut the braids and I'll be a fan.

WagonCircler
12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Also, I would not sign a LB in FA because we already Carl Alonso and Mark Lawson.

Hahahahaha!!!

That almost made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.

ICRockets
12-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Yeah my bad I was trying to combine Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler and forgot the i in Stevie. My point is that a combination of Stevie and Scott, both hugely unreliable stone-handed guys in their own right, would be preferred over Pettigrew.

Oaf
12-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Guy stinks at blocking, but besides that, he's good.

Meathead
12-16-2013, 03:51 PM

was that him? the guy ej followed for his td looked a lot taller than summers. at the time i figured it was either wingo (bringing the big new rb in as a decoy) or that beaner they just signed as another fb. i looked and looked at the replay but couldnt catch the name or number and then forgot about it, but i dont think that was him. maybe somebody else knows for sure by now

WagonCircler
12-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah my bad I was trying to combine Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler and forgot the i in Stevie. My point is that a combination of Stevie and Scott, both hugely unreliable stone-handed guys in their own right, would be preferred over Pettigrew.

Is that you, Mace?