PDA

View Full Version : Positives from yesterdays game

Pinkerton Security
12-16-2013, 07:54 AM
1) (really the only one I was looking for yesterday) - Regardless of the opponent, EJ looked much more like an actual NFL QB yesterday than he did vs TB. I just wanted to see some positive life out of him and we got it.
2) Hughes, Aaron Williams, Woods, Gilmore, Dareus, Robey, Kiko all had solid games again. We need to see more consistency out of the D, especially run D, but I think if we can bulk up in the middle (ILB) that can get better.
3) We actually ran the ball with some sort of consistency! Nice to see what should be our strong suit actually helping us win.

Some negatives:
1) Hate to see Dareus get hurt with how well hes playing
2) EJ still didnt take many shots downfield. However, as long as he takes what the D is giving I'll take it.
3) Our run D just sucks. Bobby Rainey and ? Todman have both run over us. So sad.
4) Im a big fan of Stevie and still think hes talented but the guy needs to grow up and become consistently good. He needs to lead our WRs, but Woods is showing hes already our best WR.

better days
12-16-2013, 08:10 AM
I was happy to see Summers get more involved.

Hughes was a STEAL & should only improve.

We need a LB & OL

Night Train
12-16-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm positive we won, to the chagrin of some here ( ???????????? )

Positive #2 - EJ worked his way out of his own horrid play in the 1st quarter and looked good the next 3 quarters. Still has a ton of work to do but these " Draft A QB " threads here are self serving, since they won't even look at one this coming spring. Manuel and Lewis are here. Too many other needs.

Positive #3 - D does force turnovers.

Positive #4 - Woods was a very good pick at WR.

Negatives -
Run D
Kid Hackett playing Madden too often with the playcalling
D Giving up too many 1st downs on 3rd and 7 yards +.

Bills rebuilding and I have never lost sight of that. Marrone gets his off-season to make his changes, now that he knows who can win for him. Film never lies.

jamze132
12-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Well I was going to bash Stevie for his play yesterday but he gets cudos from me after hearing what he's dealing with.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-16-2013, 08:36 AM
agree; EJ pulled himself up after that horrid first quarter. The run game looked competent and I love Robert Woods. also Gilmore looks like he's snapping out of his funk.

negative; where the **** has Mario Williams been the last three games or so?

DraftBoy
12-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Good stuff from many of our young players EJ, Woods, Alonso, Dareus, Robey, and others.

This is evaluation time for this staff, figure out whose sticking and whose not going to be on the team next year.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Negatives: can't play Jacksonville every week.

Barely beat one of the worst teams in the league.

gebobs
12-16-2013, 10:37 AM
1) (really the only one I was looking for yesterday) - Regardless of the opponent, EJ looked much more like an actual NFL QB yesterday than he did vs TB. I just wanted to see some positive life out of him and we got it.
EJ broke Dennis Shaw's franchise record for TD passes by a rookie. Winning!

Manuel had a few good series. Aside from that, he looked lost again. The fumble in the 2nd half was maddening. Not only did he not sense the pressure until too late, but he didn't secure the ball. It wasn't knocked out of his hand. He just dropped it.

Fortunately, Jax is horrible. Any other team yesterday would have beaten us.

Pinkerton Security
12-16-2013, 11:08 AM
EJ broke Dennis Shaw's franchise record for TD passes by a rookie. Winning!

Manuel had a few good series. Aside from that, he looked lost again. The fumble in the 2nd half was maddening. Not only did he not sense the pressure until too late, but he didn't secure the ball. It wasn't knocked out of his hand. He just dropped it.

Fortunately, Jax is horrible. Any other team yesterday would have beaten us.

reading comprehension - "EJ looked much more like an actual NFL QB yesterday than he did vs TB." Dont ignore portions of posts.

You cant argue that he didnt look better than he did vs TB, which is all I said. He was still inconsistent yes but better, which is all I can ask for at this point.

gebobs
12-16-2013, 11:13 AM
reading comprehension - "EJ looked much more like an actual NFL QB yesterday than he did vs TB." Dont ignore portions of posts.

You cant argue that he didnt look better than he did vs TB, which is all I said. He was still inconsistent yes but better, which is all I can ask for at this point.
No comprehension or ignoring at all. I was expounding on your comment rather than arguing.

ublinkwescore
12-16-2013, 11:31 AM
agree; EJ pulled himself up after that horrid first quarter. The run game looked competent and I love Robert Woods. also Gilmore looks like he's snapping out of his funk.

negative; where the **** has Mario Williams been the last three games or so?

Mario made some plays yesterday. Idk wtf you are talking about. Stuffed a rb behind LOS, deflected a pass too

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Mario made some plays yesterday. Idk wtf you are talking about. Stuffed a rb behind LOS, deflected a pass too

actually, I did forget about these two plays. just seems like the rest of the d line has been overall outperforming him the last 3 weeks or so

Thief
12-16-2013, 11:49 AM
actually, I did forget about these two plays. just seems like the rest of the d line has been overall outperforming him the last 3 weeks or so
The fact offenses key on him is what allows KW and MD to destroy one on one match-ups.

Pinkerton Security
12-16-2013, 12:51 PM
The fact offenses key on him is what allows KW and MD to destroy one on one match-ups.

nope. theres no way that is possible, he just sucks.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-16-2013, 01:01 PM
notice i said last 3 weeks. i did not say all year. overall i've been very very pleased with him this year and do NOT agree with the 'fools gold' crowd

Bangarang
12-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Negatives: can't play Jacksonville every week.

Barely beat one of the worst teams in the league.

Spoiler alert: We're also one of the worst teams in the league. We're not some team about to make a playoff run barely being able to handle the Jags.