X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Manuel spoke to offense after Tampa*loss

“He took accountability for it and did everything he could throughout the week of practice to make sure he put everyone on the same page when it came time to play on Sunday. That’s the maturation of a young quarterback and hopefully he’ll continue to grow and we can continue to fall in line and get behind him and help him as best we can.”

In any case, no idea how the kid is going to turn out. But at least he is being accountable. He had the chance to fold up his tent and go home after the 1st quarter last week and didn't. Hopefully a full offseason working on footwork will do him some good.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: Manuel spoke to offense after Tampa*loss

nobody is questioning this kids character, work ethic, leadership or other 'intangibles'

it's his inaccuracy, inconsistency, decision making and other issues that have been the question. to be fair, he (after the first quarter) had a very solid game.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Manuel is going to be a stud, give it some time armchair GM's, rookie QB's tend to make mistakes, shocker!

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        nobody is questioning this kids character, work ethic, leadership or other 'intangibles'

it's his inaccuracy, inconsistency, decision making and other issues that have been the question. to be fair, he (after the first quarter) had a very solid game.
        I'm glad that his only problems are things that get better with more experience and coaching.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
          I'm glad that his only problems are things that get better with more experience and coaching.
          I certainly hope that's the case. I'm rooting for him.
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Exactly.

He's got everything from a character and leadership standpoint that he needs. Seems like a great kid.

But I just can't get past that first quarter. To me, the rest of the game was pedestrian, at best. But that first quarter was Billy Joe Hobert-like. Maybe even scab QB in replacement games bad (Willie Totten?).

I just don't know if you can fix that kind of inaccuracy. And when you factor in that he's functioning in a vastly simplified Offense, and the fact that he STILL hasn't learned to protect the football when running, there are serious problems that I'm not sure are fixable.

Maybe they're fixable to a serviceable level, but we need a franchise QB, not another mediocrity.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

He just needs to settle down & get comfortable to improve his accuracy. An improved OL next year will help EJ's accuracy a lot IMO.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                Exactly.

He's got everything from a character and leadership standpoint that he needs. Seems like a great kid.

But I just can't get past that first quarter. To me, the rest of the game was pedestrian, at best. But that first quarter was Billy Joe Hobert-like. Maybe even scab QB in replacement games bad (Willie Totten?).

I just don't know if you can fix that kind of inaccuracy. And when you factor in that he's functioning in a vastly simplified Offense, and the fact that he STILL hasn't learned to protect the football when running, there are serious problems that I'm not sure are fixable.

Maybe they're fixable to a serviceable level, but we need a franchise QB, not another mediocrity.
                No question the 1st Qtr was TERRIBLE. But he settled down after that. Rather than packing it in, he competed.

And while Marrone said they were simplifying the offense, he also said they had put a lot of stuff in recently..............looks like too much was put in too fast.

The next two games will be in Buffalo & Foxboro where EJ will show the arm strength the Bills drafted him for. He just needs to be coached up.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Let's see what the kid does with Miami and NE.

His play determines whether I would target a QB in round 1 or 3 next year.

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Childish Fake Voter
                    • Jul 2008

Just so we're clear...here's EJ's stat line: 17/24, 193 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT...10 rushes, 37 yards, 1 TD....2 fumbles, 1 lost

EJ started 0/5 with that INT. They were 5 wildly inaccurate passes from a QB who looked like he had just been forced to binge-watch Hostages and was made dumber for experiencing it.

Which means in the rest of the game he was 17/19 for 193 yards and 2 TDs, and also the rushing TD. More touchdowns than incompletions for the rest of the game, and you call it pedestrian.

Giving EJ credit for rebounding from an abysmal start doesn't remove the criticism he deserves for that start. Yet you refuse to give credit where it's due. Why should any of us care about your take in the future if we know what you're going to say before you say it? Food for thought.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

The Jags were so bereft of talent yesterday that it is disapointing the Bills did not blow them out.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

im one of the ones that expects patience is required with ej and that he will end up being a very good (but probably not great) qb for us for a long time, but the start of that game had me starting to waver. coming off his worst performance of the season it sure looked like he was just going to keep that horrible performance going. i mean it wasnt just bad it was comically bad. after the first five passes i was telling my dad that hes got to do a complete 180 from this point on - and he did. to be able to start that bad and then completely turn it around is very very encouraging
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          im one of the ones that expects patience is required with ej and that he will end up being a very good (but probably not great) qb for us for a long time, but the start of that game had me starting to waver. coming off his worst performance of the season it sure looked like he was just going to keep that horrible performance going. i mean it wasnt just bad it was comically bad. after the first five passes i was telling my dad that hes got to do a complete 180 from this point on - and he did. to be able to start that bad and then completely turn it around is very very encouraging
                          i don't know about encouraging... in my view he did nothing to answer any questions about him being the guy.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                            Just so we're clear...here's EJ's stat line: 17/24, 193 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT...10 rushes, 37 yards, 1 TD....2 fumbles, 1 lost

EJ started 0/5 with that INT. They were 5 wildly inaccurate passes from a QB who looked like he had just been forced to binge-watch Hostages and was made dumber for experiencing it.

Which means in the rest of the game he was 17/19 for 193 yards and 2 TDs, and also the rushing TD. More touchdowns than incompletions for the rest of the game, and you call it pedestrian.

Giving EJ credit for rebounding from an abysmal start doesn't remove the criticism he deserves for that start. Yet you refuse to give credit where it's due. Why should any of us care about your take in the future if we know what you're going to say before you say it? Food for thought.
                            193 yards in the NFL is pedestrian. And 17/19, as long as we're cherry picking, is a lot less impressive when the vast majority of your passes travel less than 10 yards.

The maiden voyage of the Titanic went swimmingly except for that iceberg.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

193 yards in the NFL is pedestrian. And 17/19, as long as we're cherry picking, is a lot less impressive when the vast majority of your passes travel less than 10 yards.

The maiden voyage of the Titanic went swimmingly except for that iceberg.
                              3 TD's that is more than Brady had yesterday. And a 105 QB rating is hardly pedestrian.

Comment

Working...
                              X