X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

Matt Flynn

Hey, is the Matt Flynn that threw 4 td passes and led Green Bay to a historic humiliation of America's team the same Matt Flynn that had a cup of coffee with the Bills a month ago?

It couldn't be, could it, cuz yesterday's Matt Flynn played better than I've ever seen EJ, Thad or Jeff play.

Nah, the Bills wouldn't cut someone that good.

That would be stupid, and if there's one thing I appreciate when I think of Maronne and Hackett and Brandon, it's their big brains.
    My tebya razdavim
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Matt Flynn

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Hey, is the Matt Flynn that threw 4 td passes and led Green Bay to a historic humiliation of America's team the same Matt Flynn that had a cup of coffee with the Bills a month ago?

It couldn't be, could it, cuz yesterday's Matt Flynn played better than I've ever seen EJ, Thad or Jeff play.

That would be stupid, and if there's one thing I appreciate when I think of Maronne and Hackett and Brandon, it's their big brains.
    Has to be a cousin or distant relative.

The guy who was on the Bills was cut after a week. And we all know that the Bills are EXPERTS who are smarter than anyone else in the league when it comes to evaluating QBs.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

Still can't believe they started Tuel over him against KC. Actually, it's the Bills, so it makes sense.

This is the same team that makes moves like trading Marshawn Lynch for a 4th rounder and willingly getting rid of Pat Williams and Sam Adams in order to replace them with Larry Tripplette and John McCargo because "they fit our system better."
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post

Following your logic, Seattle & Oakland also must be stupid.
        The bottom line on Matt Flynn is he plays good when he's with GB, but sucks everywhere else.
        Maybe he just fits GB's system & nobody else's. He's like AJ Feeley, who was a good backup when he was with the Eagles, but couldn't cut it elsewhere.
        Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 12-16-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Kinda helps a little bit when the QB knows the system and has already played in it.

Apparently you also appreciate the big brains in Seattle and Oakland, too.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bdutton
            • Jul 2013

Matt Flynn sucked big in preseason for us.... he never showed anything that would lead the coaches to believe he was a better option in their system.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bdutton View Post
              Matt Flynn sucked big in preseason for us.... he never showed anything that would lead the coaches to believe he was a better option in their system.
              Are you a Raiders' fan?

Comment

• malvado78
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bdutton View Post
                Bills added Matt Flynn in October of 2013. He never played in preseason for the bills nor took any snaps in a game of any sort for the Buffalo Bills. So he may have sucked but it wasn't in game play...

Comment

• bdutton
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                  Are you a Raiders' fan?
                  Originally posted by malvado78 View Post
                  Bills added Matt Flynn in October of 2013. He never played in preseason for the bills nor took any snaps in a game of any sort for the Buffalo Bills. So he may have sucked but it wasn't in game play...
                  Sorry... I am confusing him with Leinart.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Flynn sucks outside GB and wasn't with us for more than a week when we decided to go with Tuel.

You're probably still enamored with his statline from '10 that go him big money in the first place, right?

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Kinda helps a little bit when the QB knows the system and has already played in it..
                      The system in Buffalo is dumbed down to high school level.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                        The system in Buffalo is dumbed down to high school level.
                        Why don't you share some of the terminology, check-downs, blocking assignments and calls, etc with the rest of us then, considering you are so familiar with it.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

System guy.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Why don't you share some of the terminology, check-downs, blocking assignments and calls, etc with the rest of us then, considering you are so familiar with it.
                            Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel said Sunday in a radio interview from the NFLPA Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles that he is quickly picking up the team's offense, which he said is less complex than the system he used at Florida State.

Here's some terminology:

"The funny thing is it's easier to learn than the offense I had at Florida State," he told SiriusXM NFL Radio. "It's a true West Coast-type progression offense. That's really what I wanted when I was coming through the pre-draft process. I wanted something that I could just go in and say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, check it down and run it. That's it, it's that simple. I love it."This offense is very simple." he said in the interview.

We'll consider cutting back the playbook for EJ-D.Marrone

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...hlight=marrone
                            Last edited by WagonCircler; 12-16-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel said Sunday in a radio interview from the NFLPA Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles that he is quickly picking up the team's offense, which he said is less complex than the system he used at Florida State.

Here's some terminology:

"The funny thing is it's easier to learn than the offense I had at Florida State," he told SiriusXM NFL Radio. "It's a true West Coast-type progression offense. That's really what I wanted when I was coming through the pre-draft process. I wanted something that I could just go in and say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, check it down and run it. That's it, it's that simple. I love it."This offense is very simple." he said in the interview.

We'll consider cutting back the playbook for EJ-D.Marrone

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...hlight=marrone
                              Marrone also said the Bills ADDED a lot of stuff recently. As in the Offense is MORE COMPLICATED than it was in TC.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍