PDA

View Full Version : EJ has a sprained knee, but played on it @JAX

Albany,n.y.
12-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Doesn't sound bad, but it's still a knee sprain:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10147588/buffalo-bills-expect-ej-manuel-okay-knee-sprain

IAG
12-16-2013, 03:20 PM
E.J. will be fine.

coastal
12-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Ok... injury prone?

BillsFever21
12-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Another knee injury? Three of them in one season is almost unheard of. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. If EJ fails then the team is set back for at least a few more years.

Turf
12-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I think we needs to draft another QB. Enough. If he's healthy he plays, but three times this year already and he's young? We need insurance.

JCBills
12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I think we needs to draft another QB. Enough. If he's healthy he plays, but three times this year already and he's young? We need insurance.

Odds of them doing that, at least early, are extremely slim. People tend to reject the obvious truth and I don't know why.

Buffalo Thriller
12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
3 in one year holy ****.

swiper
12-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Ok... injury prone?

We could only hope.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Tajh Boyd apparently has been slipping to round 2.

I would be very pleased with drafting him there.

swiper
12-16-2013, 06:11 PM

Dude. You're an ultra Marrone fan? If you really were you'd probably spell his name right before making such a statement in your sig. ROFL. Are you ******ed?

- - - Updated - - -

Tajh Boyd apparently has been slipping to round 2.

I would be very pleased with drafting him there.
'
Aaron Murray in round 3 or 4.

SpikedLemonade
12-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I am willing to be patient with EJ since when we drafted him we knew he was a project and no where near NFL ready.

Of course I am disappointed with his accuracy and pocket presence so far.

I am also surprised that he is not a better runner. He seems to be pretty average when he takes off.

Thurmal
12-16-2013, 06:40 PM
I am willing to be patient with EJ since when we drafted him we knew he was a project and no where near NFL ready.

Of course I am disappointed with his accuracy and pocket presence so far.

I am also surprised that he is not a better runner. He seems to be pretty average when he takes off.
I am almost positive that the plan was to start Kolb this season. I also thought EJ looked particularly slow yesterday, maybe the knee had something to do with it.

Turf
12-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Dude. You're an ultra Marrone fan? If you really were you'd probably spell his name right before making such a statement in your sig. ROFL. Are you ******ed?

- - - Updated - - -

'

I realize the name is wrong. Apparantly you never watched cartoons being you're so important and serious.

BillsFever21
12-16-2013, 06:45 PM
three times this year already and he's young? We need insurance.

Exactly. If he continues to hurt his knee this easily when he's a 23 year old rookie then what's it going to be like as he gets older? If the injuries keep happening next year then we'll know for sure that he's injury prone. We should get a QB in the middle rounds for insurance and somebody to groom or maybe compete with him as insurance.

Bangarang
12-16-2013, 08:00 PM

- - - Updated - - -

'

You want to draft another QB because you're concerned EJ is injury prone so naturally you'd want a guy that just tore his ACL.

How does logic work again?

starrymessenger
12-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Odds of them doing that, at least early, are extremely slim. People tend to reject the obvious truth and I don't know why.

Thats a great question. I guess the sometimes truth must be hard to accept, however obvious it may be.
Problem is, the longer you wait to take your medicine, the sicker you'll get.

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2013, 10:27 PM
I hope the Bills draft another quarterback sometime this draft.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Injury prone and sucks, not a good combination.

gr8slayer
12-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Every team, no matter who their QB is, should draft a QB at some point in every draft.
I hope the Bills draft another quarterback sometime this draft.

starrymessenger
12-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Injury prone and sucks, not a good combination.

He reminds me of another QB from Florida - Tim Tebow.

BillsFever21
12-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Every team, no matter who their QB is, should draft a QB at some point in every draft.

It depends on the teams QB situation. If that scenario happened then you would have at least 32 QB's drafted every season which would be an average of almost 5 QB's each round. There is no way that's going to happen and there aren't enough decent QB's to make it worth it. That's why they bring in the Jeff Tuel's of the world as undrafted free agents.

kishoph
12-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Ok... injury prone?

So if a defender takes out your knee, you're injury prone ? You should of been on the defense for the concussion lawsuit against the NFL, you could of given the argument that all those players were injury prone.

BillsFever21
12-17-2013, 04:29 PM
So if a defender takes out your knee, you're injury prone ? You should of been on the defense for the concussion lawsuit against the NFL, you could of given the argument that all those players were injury prone.

It hasn't been proven that he's injury prone just yet but it's not normal to have 3 knee injuries in one season. Basically about every month of action he is hurting his knee in some type of a way. It's not something you see with 99% of the players. Sure injuries happen but three of them in one season? It's definitely a cause for concern. Maybe it's the same people who were saying that Kevin Kolb wasn't injury prone are the ones dismissing this altogether.

Ed
12-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm not that concerned. It doesn't sound that serious and if he was able to continue playing on it and is going to play this week than no big deal.

As someone who has sprained their knees and ankles before, I know that your ligaments are going to be more prone to injury this soon after the initial injury. It takes a lot longer than a few weeks to really fully recover. I'm willing to bet EJ spent the absolute minimum amount of time possible recovering so that he could come back and play. It's unlikely that his knees have been 100% this season, so they're going to be more prone to minor sprains.