• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Ralph won't pay for the help or anyone that looks bigger than him

If Ralph keeps his wallet tight on support staff & keeps hiring local coaches, we could have the whole top 15 players in the draft while still going nowhere. It needs to stop being more about who we get versus how are coaches are using the talent they have. We have a chorus of injuries that damaged our secondary then our QB positions. It makes it hard to overcome but the good coaches make do with what they have (See Flynn), our coaching is weak at best & Ralph will not spend for that next brilliant mind.

Did anyone see that Chip Kelly guy coach ? How about Andy Reid, another guy we should of targeted for our head coach. Our choice, a overall losing coach from Syracuse. Talk about the air being let out a balloon, 14th season running.
    Last edited by Skooby; 12-16-2013, 09:03 PM.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Ralph won't pay for the help or anyone that looks bigger than him

Well, I agree with you about Coaching being more important than potential draft picks.

I am not ready to see Marrone elected to the HOF yet, but I do think he deserves more time to get this team turned around.

Comment

• EricStratton
      • Jul 2002

So not Matt Flynn is your flavor of the month MMD?

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
        • Aug 2013

I know they look small on the TV, but in real life Marrone is much bigger than Ralph.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          If Ralph keeps his wallet tight on support staff & keeps hiring local coaches, we could have the whole top 15 players in the draft while still going nowhere. It needs to stop being more about who we get versus how are coaches are using the talent they have.
          5 days ago you claimed winning was ignorant and you wanted the Bills to lose games to get a higher draft pick and now you're saying it doesn't matter who we draft. Skooby logic at its finest

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
            So not Matt Flynn is your flavor of the month MMD?
            A coach playing to his player's strength is my point. McCarthy put Matt in a position to succeed, Doug tries to put a square peg in a round hole. EJ isn't ready to wet the bed & we've thrown all this jargon at him all-season. The best coaches have great player assessments & know what they can get out of them. Our in game adjustments are non-existent & the learning to hold on BS is more like our coach being out-coached in game.

Flynn is a poor player in a system he's familiar with, with plays being called he could complete. Watching EJ get sacked & flop around out there made me ill. I swear, I lost 3 remotes early in the season screaming for a screen pass, then we spend the next games trying to over-play the screens. How about a draw in a screen looking formation ? Common sense is a small time, small mind thing.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
              5 days ago you claimed winning was ignorant and you wanted the Bills to lose games to get a higher draft pick and now you're saying it doesn't matter who we draft. Skooby logic at its finest
              The talent in the top 5 might over-come our coaching ignorance. Now that we're out in the double digits, it doesn't matter anymore. Win them all & end up 19th, it's not going to matter now.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

A coach playing to his player's strength is my point. McCarthy put Matt in a position to succeed, Doug tries to put a square peg in a round hole. EJ isn't ready to wet the bed & we've thrown all this jargon at him all-season. The best coaches have great player assessments & know what they can get out of them. Our in game adjustments are non-existent & the learning to hold on BS is more like our coach being out-coached in game.

Flynn is a poor player in a system he's familiar with, with plays being called he could complete. Watching EJ get sacked & flop around out there made me ill. I swear, I lost 3 remotes early in the season screaming for a screen pass, then we spend the next games trying to over-play the screens. How about a draw in a screen looking formation ? Common sense is a small time, small mind thing.
                You are actually going to anoint Matt Flynn and Mike McCarthy as a great duo because they won the last couple games? They got lucky in both 1 point wins. Atlanta doesn't fumble and Tony Romo doesn't do his usual late game impersonation of Charlie Brown and the Packers are 0-3-1 with Flynn at QB.

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

The talent in the top 5 might over-come our coaching ignorance. Now that we're out in the double digits, it doesn't matter anymore. Win them all & end up 19th, it's not going to matter now.
                  Coaching ignorance? Really?

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Can I borrow a cup of warped logic ? You seem to have a bottomless supply.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      Can I borrow a cup of warped logic ? You seem to have a bottomless supply.
                      Mitch Murray is the reason the medical community came up with the frontal lobotomy.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Skooby your a complete ****ing idiot

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

1. Remember to attack the post and not the poster.

2. If you are going to call somebody an idiot, please use the correct version of your/you're. It really looks a lot better
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                            1. Remember to attack the post and not the poster.

2. If you are going to call somebody an idiot, please use the correct version of your/you're. It really looks a lot better
                            Yeah, but at the rate that MMD puts up idiotic threads, it gets hard to be clever in your rebuttals and you almost have go the direct insult route.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                              Skooby your a complete ****ing idiot
                              I heard the same thing about Stevie being a needy baby, now many have chimed in likewise. Bury your head in the sand & play ostrich.

Comment

Working...
                              X