PDA

View Full Version : 4 game division win streak...

BidsJr
12-17-2013, 03:25 PM
If we win out. Something to shoot for amirite? At this time of year I am usually in the camp of lose out for the better draft pick. But to have a winning division record, on a 4 game in-division win streak I am in. Not to mention killing the Dolphins chances and hurting the Patriots. Probably means a couple of solid games for EJ, maybe actual momentum going into next year.

Yes. I think I am going to root for wins the last two weeks for the first time in what, over a decade?

Pinkerton Security
12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
WRONG, ROOTING FOR WINS IS FOR LOSERS.

BillsFever21
12-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't normally care if we won or lost either way at this point in the season. The chance of knocking the Dolphins out of the playoffs would be nice though.

Oldbillsfan
12-17-2013, 03:40 PM
The Bills could really spoil playoff hopes for 2 division foes. The Pats deserve a loss the most though. They have owned this team too long!

Oldbillsfan
12-17-2013, 03:44 PM
The pats could fall to the 3d seed with a loss to the Bills and Cincy getting back on track. Git er done! The competion for them in the AFC east has been ****ing pathetic

Generalissimus Gibby
12-17-2013, 03:47 PM
I would actually be able to tolerate this team's abysmal performance this season if they could eliminate the Fish from the playoffs and take the Pats down a notch or two.

imbondz
12-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I would rather knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs, and keep the Patriots from the top 2 seeds and home field advantage, than move up 1 or 2 spots in the draft

BillsFever21
12-17-2013, 10:23 PM
The Patriots are almost guaranteed the #2 seed. They're a game ahead of the Bengals and Colts and I don't see them overtaking the Patriots unless the Pats somehow lost out. Even then one of them two teams would need to win out depending on tiebreakers.

imbondz
12-17-2013, 10:27 PM
true. thanks for the buzzkill billsfever.

Historian
12-18-2013, 05:47 AM
7-9 baby!!!!!

But 4-2 in the Division....that would be cool.

jamze132
12-18-2013, 06:02 AM
I don't give a **** what else any other team does as long as Miami doesn't get into the playoffs. And that starts with us on Sunday.

mikemac2001
12-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Tough question guys

would you rather take two wins or

Bills lose to dolphins (dolphins win out)
Ravens win out (beating pats)
Cincy beats minny (loses to ravens)
Bills beat pats last week (pats lose out)

this scenario the pats miss the playoffs and we knock them out @ foxboro which is a possible scenario

problem with this is the dolphins get in....but damn i hate pats fans and it would be so sweet to ruin there season at there house....

trapezeus
12-18-2013, 07:55 AM
mikemac2001 has the winning ticket. To me, watching the bills beat the pats in a must win game for the pats....on the road would be really something amazing to see for the team's growth and the immediate satisfaction that the pats got knocked out of the playoffs.

i also think there is value in winning the last two games against east opponents who are playoff bound. but those wins have to show some level of getting it. We need to see them dominant in some phase of the game and close out a win. If EJ is still going 12-20 for 150yards, we aren't really seeing any growth. In the end, it's how we win that will be the deterimination if we are going to be better next year.

Historian
12-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Problem is we will be playing the Pats as well as the refs in that one...

imbondz
12-18-2013, 08:26 AM
i'll take the Dolphins getting in, and the Pats completely collapsing, because the Dolphins will lose the 1st round whoever they play. The Pats homefield advantage could take them to the AFC Championship game where anything is possible and I will puke.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 11:28 AM

The league, the review crew....maybe even the camera crew that can't find the right angle.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-18-2013, 01:46 PM
The Patriots are almost guaranteed the #2 seed. They're a game ahead of the Bengals and Colts and I don't see them overtaking the Patriots unless the Pats somehow lost out. Even then one of them two teams would need to win out depending on tiebreakers.

Cincy has the tiebreaker over New England. If they finish tied at 11-5, Cincy gets the bye. New England also has to play Baltimore on the road while Cincy closes with two home games.

New England does not have the #2 seed locked up at all.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Cincy has the tiebreaker over New England. If they finish tied at 11-5, Cincy gets the bye. New England also has to play Baltimore on the road while Cincy closes with two home games.

New England does not have the #2 seed locked up at all.

Making them play on the road in a divisional game would be sweet. Oh, and its a damn shame the Chiefs defense of the first nine weeks proved to be a mirage because damn, if the Chiefs D actually were that good, I'd love for Brady and co to have to go into Arrowhead in a divisional round.

ServoBillieves
12-18-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm always for the Bills winning, I love the draft but position doesn't matter as it seems. To drink the sweet tears of Fish fans and have a fish fry on Sunday followed by deflating the Patriots* on the road? I would be very happy heading in to the off season and 2014.

Thurmal
12-18-2013, 03:26 PM

Could you imagine? The Pats in a game where a loss means no playoffs for them? The league would probably force Buffalo to only dress 9 guys and play both ways.

justasportsfan
12-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Even though the season is lost, I would like to know that we have a team that can win in this division by going 4-2 in the division for future references

BillsFever21
12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Tough question guys

would you rather take two wins or

Bills lose to dolphins (dolphins win out)
Ravens win out (beating pats)
Cincy beats minny (loses to ravens)
Bills beat pats last week (pats lose out)

this scenario the pats miss the playoffs and we knock them out @ foxboro which is a possible scenario

problem with this is the dolphins get in....but damn i hate pats fans and it would be so sweet to ruin there season at there house....

I would gladly take that scenario over anything. It's highly unlikely but I would much rather see the Dolphins make the playoffs and see the Patriots miss the playoffs. I don't see that happening though.

mikemac2001
12-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Lol i know but thats gonna happen no matter what

But if we beat dolphins and pats

Pats still make playoffs so game is somewhat pointless

Now wouldnt u get a little more excited for a game that could knocked the pats out for the season

League scheduled this game thinking it was a pointless game for week 17

stuckincincy
12-19-2013, 10:44 AM

You can probably stick a fork in CIN. They now have 5 starters on IR, and CB Newman will sit against MN and likely against BAL.

dreamwalker
12-19-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm always for the Bills winning, I love the draft but position doesn't matter as it seems. To drink the sweet tears of Fish fans and have a fish fry on Sunday followed by deflating the Patriots* on the road? I would be very happy heading in to the off season and 2014.

Problem is- I dont know of any "fish fans" that would be crying sweet tears. Everyone I have talked to is just riding the ride as far as it takes us and all that matters is if we are better than last year and the qb situation is set. Both objectives have been met. First time in years the dolphins have a bit brighter outlook for the next season. (aside from the trick play year)

I used to dislike the bills more than any other team in the division, not the case anymore- you have to be a pure sadist for that. Both the dolphins and bills have been through their share of misery. New England and its narcissist, holier than thou fan and media fan base are the enemy now.

Either way, good luck sunday

IlluminatusUIUC
12-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Fin fans crying sweet tears? Are you silly? They've all moved on to the Heat by now.

LtFinFan66
12-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Fin fans crying sweet tears? Are you silly? They've all moved on to the Heat by now.
Just because one is a Fin fan doesn't make them a Heat fan.