12-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Knee injury per NFL.com

WagonCircler
12-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Oh my God.

Trent the Teacup Jr.

coastal
12-18-2013, 12:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300463/article/thad-lewis-to-start-at-quarterback-for-buffalo-bills?akmobile=ios&akcarrier=verizon

thad Lewis to start.

Historian
12-18-2013, 12:41 PM
That ought to sell a lot of tickets...

streetkings01
12-18-2013, 12:42 PM
3rd knee injury this year thats cost him playing time.........not a good sign.

coastal
Lolz.

TedMock
I got an e-mail this morning saying he's practicing with a glove on in anticipation of using one in the cold. Then I just get one saying he's not playing due to the knee. Stevie may not play either with the family issue.

Uncle Jesse
Further proof we need to draft/get another guy. This is the 3rd knee injury already for him that will cause him to miss games. Not good.

coastal
12-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Progress!!!!

DesertFox24
12-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Well i agree with drafting a viable backup. I disagree that three minor knee sprains means he is injury prone. He finished the game this is probably precautionary. Although frustrating because he only has played 10 games and I firmly believe it takes 20 before we can start judging the guy. I just hate the fact that almost 3/4 of next season can be used as a growing pains excuse by the bills

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Gves some people false hope and then pull the rug right out from under them.

Classic con job.

IAG
12-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Thad will tear it UP!

OLDSRIP
12-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Well i agree with drafting a viable backup. I disagree that three minor knee sprains means he is injury prone. He finished the game this is probably precautionary. Although frustrating because he only has played 10 games and I firmly believe it takes 20 before we can start judging the guy. I just hate the fact that almost 3/4 of next season can be used as a growing pains excuse by the bills

I heard it was a different knee all 3 times. So nothing to worry about.

better days
12-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Thad will tear it UP!

I guess we will see if we need another QB to compete with EJ or if we already have him in Thad.

don137
12-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Even if the Bills coaching staff and management had full faith in EJ they would be idiots not to think a QB that is out 3 different times due to knee injuries is not a cause for concern and needs to be addressed in the draft

Skooby
12-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Glass Tiger.

T-Long
12-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Stevie is prob out too

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
EJ makes Rob Johnson look like Lou Gehrig.

Rockstar
12-18-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm happy Thad is playing. I have a season bet at 6 wins to push and 7 to win. I feel better with Thad in there, he takes more shots downfield and runs better. I don't dislike EJ but I actually think Thad is better at this point to EJ's career.

SquishDaFish
12-18-2013, 01:19 PM
I give up with this team

Meathead
12-18-2013, 01:23 PM
The Thaddiator!

Mr. Pink
12-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Time to draft a QB in the first or second round to compete and hopefully win the job outright.

You can't develop if you can't stay on the field not that I even think EJ will develop into anything but still, dude has knees of glass.

EDS
12-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Time to draft a QB in the first or second round to compete and hopefully win the job outright.

You can't develop if you can't stay on the field not that I even think EJ will develop into anything but still, dude has knees of glass.

Don't forget the shoulder seperation, leg fracture and "concussion" from his college years.

k-oneputt
12-18-2013, 01:34 PM
He's soft.

We have a better chance his week to win with Lewis.

coastal
12-18-2013, 01:44 PM
I give up with this team
Anti-fan.

THRILLHO
12-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Thad beat 'em once already...

SquishDaFish
12-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Anti-fan.

Nah I'm just pissed

ICRockets
12-18-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm on board with bringing another QB in now. I still believe EJ can put it all together and become the guy, but you just can't count on it happening when he's injury-prone.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-18-2013, 02:28 PM
I give up with this team

That's okay, this whole damn franchise gave up after the Tampa Game in 2000 and hasn't really tried since.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well it isn't Tuel time, we could still win.

coastal
12-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Nah I'm just pissed
Me too man.

sick of it to be honest.

Night Train
12-18-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm on board with bringing another QB in now. I still believe EJ can put it all together and become the guy, but you just can't count on it happening when he's injury-prone.

Another Vet, I could understand. (started camp with with Manuel,KOLB and Lewis on PS)

No way a draft pick.

justasportsfan
12-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Thad will sweep the fins!!!!!!!

trapezeus
12-18-2013, 03:48 PM
maybe the bills are throwing the game in an attempt to play the pats with their strongest roster and beat the pats.

if you can't buy into that then you have to start buying into the fact the FO got it wrong, yet again.

wankers.

better days
12-18-2013, 03:53 PM
maybe the bills are throwing the game in an attempt to play the pats with their strongest roster and beat the pats.

if you can't buy into that then you have to start buying into the fact the FO got it wrong, yet again.

wankers.

Or maybe the Bills see no point at putting EJ at risk in a game that means NOTHING.

And Thad did beat the Fins in Miami, so it is not like throwing in the towel.

k-oneputt
12-18-2013, 04:05 PM
If they were trying to throw the game they would keep EJ playing.

Barb
12-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Or maybe the Bills see no point at putting EJ at risk in a game that means NOTHING.

miami beat themselves including the buffalo dline, lewis gets the win, but it was 21-20 miami with the ball and then the turnover happened

Jeff1220
12-18-2013, 04:17 PM
While I've always thought that the Bills should draft another QB high, I didn't think they would. I still have my doubts, but I think this third injury in one season makes it much more likely.

jimmifli
12-18-2013, 04:27 PM
While I've always thought that the Bills should draft another QB high, I didn't think they would. I still have my doubts, but I think this third injury in one season makes it much more likely.
Under the old cap structure it was a poor strategy. Investing that much money in a guy that didn't play would hurt the team elsewhere. But with the new cap structure, anything after the top 10 picks and you're under $3mil per season, picks in the 20's get paid less than Kevin Kolb did this season.

If I'm a good team, I don't want to risk the season if my starter misses a few games to injury, so I want an experienced backup. But if I'm a crappy team expecting to lose, I'd rather have a prospect in the backup spot. Even if he's a long shot, there is literally ZERO downside.

BertSquirtgum
12-18-2013, 05:02 PM
What a ****ing joke. Bills better draft a qb sometime this draft. This *******'s knees are shot at age 23.

TigerJ
12-18-2013, 05:12 PM
As far as Manuel and injuries are concerned, I'm not too worried. None of the injuries have required surgery, thus no apparent structural damage. The injury he had earlier in the season was due in part to Manuel's unwise attempt to get a few more yards versus sliding of going out of bounds. I've noticed lately he's been willing to go out of bounds. So I'll just chalk this up to the kind of thing that can happen because he plays a violent sport.

As far as looking for a viable back-up. I don't have a problem with it. The Bills are not going to going to draft a guy that they would expect to compete with Manuel. They would have to use fairly high pick to do so, and a far higher priority is filling a few remaining holes and/or upgrading talent in supporting roles particularly on offense. They will not draft someone for a backup role because that would leave them with the same inexperience issue that cost them games this year. They may look for an experienced backup, but I don't know that there will be much quality on the market. For myself, since Manuel won't be playing, I'll be curious if Thad Lewis is showing signs of improvement. It may be that the best option for backup is already on the roster, though that's not saying much unless Lewis or Tuel shows a lot more than they have.

- - - Updated - - -

swiper
12-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Progress!!!!

More like what a mess. So now we can't judge Manuel against Miami and New England? It's bull.

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 05:48 PM
What's Matt Flynn doing these days?

swiper
12-18-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm on board with bringing another QB in now.

Well we all feel a lot better now hearing this. :lmao:

Meathead
12-18-2013, 05:50 PM
btw i made up the name thaddiator dont you *****es try to steal it like you did bills sign askew

swiper
12-18-2013, 05:51 PM
btw i made up the name thaddiator dont you *****es try to steal it like you did bills sign askew

It's not as good as Trent Lospatrick, which I made up.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 05:54 PM

Should we Askew before we use it ?

Meathead
12-18-2013, 05:54 PM
you made up the gary marangi of nick names, i made up the jim kelly

Meathead
12-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Should we Askew before we use it ?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/844/rimshote.jpg

BillsFever21
12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Anyone who says this isn't a cause for concern isn't being realistic or doesn't want to believe it. If Tom Brady or Ryan Tannehill had three separate knee injuries in the same season everyone would be calling them washed up with his body breaking down and would be calling Tannehill injury prone. It's just not normal to have three knee injuries in a season. Not to mention his injuries in college on top of it.

I'm sure the same type of fans for the Titans were saying the same thing about Jake Locker. Three years into his career and the guy still can't make it through a month or so without getting injured. I'm sure the same people in Philly/Arizona said the same thing about Kevin Kolb too. Hell many here still didn't even call Kolb injury prone when he was the poster boy for being injury prone. Manuel has literally injured a knee about every 4-5 weeks of action so far this season. That's not normal and it's definitely a cause for concern.

We should draft a QB in the middle rounds if there is a decent talent there. At the very least we would have somebody to groom and compete with Manuel for the future. It's not like he's shown enough to make you feel like he definitely the man for the future. On top of that we either need a veteran free agent who has proven he can step in and win for a short period of time unless they feel Thad Lewis can fit that role.

Either way it wouldn't hurt to have a young guy to groom and try and compete with Manuel. With Manuel's injury history he may be playing sooner rather then later. At the very least you have a backup to try and groom at a cheap price and possible trade bait if he has some decent games like Kirk Cousins.

Mace
12-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Oh my God.

Trent the Teacup Jr.

Geez, you know ?

Mace
12-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Not to mention his injuries in college on top of it.

As far as I can find he only missed one game in college for a shoulder ?

GvilleBills
12-18-2013, 06:24 PM
KNEE-J Manual out, Thad to start. Should be interesting. Hope we get some snow and grind the Fins in a Buffalo Way.

DynaPaul
12-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Bust!

Mace
12-18-2013, 06:33 PM

I made up a nickname once. I knew a kid named Tommy and I called him "Tommy Schmommy" I don't think he ever played for the Bills though, but I bet people still call him it and he gets aggravated. Just wanted to throw it out there because I really didn't like the kid.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 06:43 PM
3-speed Manuel.

Mace
12-18-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm rolling with my thought atm. Ej-Shmeejay. Unsure if it will catch on.

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Worst 1st round pick since Maybin.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Worst 1st round pick since Maybin.
At least Maybin was healthy.

Mace
12-18-2013, 07:54 PM
At least Maybin was healthy.

Maybin Schmaybin, I say.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Glass KneeJ has a certain ring to it.

Mace
12-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Glass KneeJ has a certain ring to it.

Cut it to KneeJ and I think you have a winner, Pink.

Yasgur's Farm
12-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Arms in the air running in circles... OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! etc etc etc

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Defending the EJ pick makes people look foolish.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Defending the EJ pick makes people look foolish.

Several months a running.

TigerJ
12-18-2013, 08:48 PM
First, there is no possible way the Bills are drafting a QB to compete for the starting job with Manuel. Second, there is no way they will draft a QB to come in as a backup for next season. He would face the same issue that has plagued the Bills this season, experience at QB. The one possibility is that the Bills might try to find a veteran backup. The problem is there might not be any quality backups available. Kevin Kolb anyone? If Thad Lewis plays pretty well vs. Miami, the Bills might just decide he's as good as anyone they can sign.

Mike13
12-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Lewis didn't beat us the last time, your D did.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 09:12 PM

No fear now, Mario's coasting so you'll be fine.

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 09:45 PM
First, there is no possible way the Bills are drafting a QB to compete for the starting job with Manuel. Second, there is no way they will draft a QB to come in as a backup for next season. He would face the same issue that has plagued the Bills this season, experience at QB. The one possibility is that the Bills might try to find a veteran backup. The problem is there might not be any quality backups available. Kevin Kolb anyone? If Thad Lewis plays pretty well vs. Miami, the Bills might just decide he's as good as anyone they can sign.

Cutler not as backup but as starter = playoffs.

BuffaloRedleg
12-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Figures the one game I can go to EJ isn't playing.

I'm going to get piss drunk at this one.

Rockstar
12-19-2013, 02:20 AM
What's Matt Flynn doing these days?

Is this a real question? If you are being sarcastic? If so this isn't funny nor does it apply being he knows the Green Bay system and not ours. More likely you are the smartest guy in your own head. Matt Flynn? Ummm he is doing quite well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000299492/article/green-bay-packers-quarterback-matt-flynn-hero

alohabillsfan
12-19-2013, 03:40 AM

Really? 3 injuries in one season causing him to miss games does not make him injury prone? Lmao! Ummmm yes it does! And what the hell is a viable back up? One that can come in And win games? If so draft him early (round one or two) because glass joe has a history of injuries and may never reach potential.

alohabillsfan
12-19-2013, 03:51 AM
Everyone keeps saying we need to get a good back up, I ask why? I think EJ is the perfect back up! What we need is a franchise QB!

Skooby
12-19-2013, 04:42 AM
Maybe if we give EJ more time, he can heal & learn the play book better, then he'll be ready to be a back-up.

GvilleBills
12-19-2013, 05:37 AM
Cut it to KneeJ and I think you have a winner, Pink.
Post #52. You can make my royalties check out to "Cash" Mr. Pink. ;)

better days
12-19-2013, 06:11 AM

The Defense played great, but it was a team effort including Lewis & the rest of the offense.

And on ESPN yesterday, they were talking about the Fins chances to make the playoffs.

They all agreed it will be tough for the Fins to get a win in Buffalo. No mention of the Jets.

justasportsfan
12-19-2013, 07:05 AM
I have a feeling there will be a Goodwin and TJ sighting with Thad at qb.

trapezeus
12-19-2013, 07:40 AM

EJ is part of the reason the game means nothing. so i see no reason why we need to protect him more so than fred jackson or Spiller or kiko.

better days
12-19-2013, 07:58 AM
EJ is part of the reason the game means nothing. so i see no reason why we need to protect him more so than fred jackson or Spiller or kiko.

If those guys had knee sprains that swelled up like EJ's did, I doubt they would play either.

The Jokeman
12-19-2013, 09:38 AM
I hate that EJ's hurt again but being it's a lost season anyway I don't mind learning if Lewis can be a true backup. As he stepped up before in the role and if he steps up again this week then maybe we have an answer to one of our QB question marks. Than hopefully with some improvements on the team next year we can see if EJ can step up and show if he has what it takes to lead this team to be better.

better days
12-19-2013, 09:47 AM
I hate that EJ's hurt again but being it's a lost season anyway I don't mind learning if Lewis can be a true backup. As he stepped up before in the role and if he steps up again this week then maybe we have an answer to one of our QB question marks. Than hopefully with some improvements on the team next year we can see if EJ can step up and show if he has what it takes to lead this team to be better.

Well, I want to see EJ step up & WIN against the Pats*.

That should keep dummy & the other EJ haters quiet in the offseason.

Bill Cody
12-19-2013, 10:09 AM
It sucks that he's hurt but at least it allows the guys rooting for his failure to crow so we have that going for us:drool:

BillsFever21
12-19-2013, 03:48 PM
No fear now, Mario's coasting so you'll be fine.

He sure is. Had a few great games the first half of the season but only has a couple sacks in the 2nd half of the season.

Mace
12-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Post #52. You can make my royalties check out to "Cash" Mr. Pink. ;)

Credit where credit is due....