• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

London Fletcher 99% to retire

Great career, great linebacker. One of my least favorite moves this organization ever made.

1,783 Tackles
    39 Sacks
    23 Interceptions
    19 Forced Fumbles
    210 consecutive starts. Amazing.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: London Fletcher 99% to retire

1,783 tackles 5 yards downfield (just beating someone to that).

Great leader, great linebacker. Shoulda kept him.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Letting him walk was one of Buffalo's many mistakes. I saw him play live in DC (well, technically Landover) several times after he left Buffalo and he always impressed me.

Good to see we finally replaced him with Kiko- 7 ****ing years later.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

I'll stand up and say I wasn't real fond of Fletcher. He seemed to get carried a lot by rb's, or bulldozed by TE's. I wasn't sorry when we lost him.

Seemed. Thinking back on it, it was the crap defense. Still not sorry we lost him. Think he had more fun and notice elsewhere.

I'll stand up and say too, the man was a hella durable MLB, a tackling machine wherever he tackled, a straight up person, never didn't seem to enjoy his job, never seemed to get the LB love or glory. Never did the greatest things, but is probably the most incredibly consistent mucker and grinder, workmanlike LB I've ever known in watching the game. I'm glad he spent some years here, and that I'll remember him. He needs a jacket someday, not for anything in particular, but for everything not in particular. He is, a football player, who played football, durably, consistently, for a real long time, and enthusiastically.

Long live London Fletcher, happy healthy, and with a future jacket and a smile on the podium.

Comment

• bf1
          • Oct 2010

The guy played sideline to sideline. He seemed to be in on every single play.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

He's almost like the LB version of Fred Jackson.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

The Bills deemed London "too old" seven years ago. Yesterday on local radio, the hosts were calling him the greatest Redskins free agent pickup ever.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

I only have data going back to 2008. Fletcher went to Washington in 2007. From 2008 to 2013, he has had two seasons where he graded positive against the run. One good season and one barely positive. Four seasons were grossly on the negative side. I like him and all, but he's not as good as his reputation amongst fans. Four pro-bowls in that span.

Comment

Working...
                X