PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0 9. Bills- Taylor Lewan

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I hope he's wrong. We need #1 WR.

Would be nice to be able to get a 1st rounder for Byrd and draft one of the top prospects at TE Jace Amaro or TE Eric Ebron.

Our next franchise QB needs weapons.

QB: Cutler
RB: Spiller/Jackson/2nd round pick/ RB is a need.
WR: Evans/Woods/Johnson
TE: Amaro or Ebron

Playoffs.

1. Houston- Teddy Bridgewater
2. Rams- Jake Matthews
3. Oakland- Blake Bortles
4. Jags- Johnny Football
5. Falcons- Jadeveon Clowney
6. Browns- Derek Carr
7. Bucs- Anthony Barr
8. Vikings- Khalil Mack
9. Bills- Taylor Lewan
10. Titans- Cyrus Kouandijo
11. Giants- C.J. Mosely
12. Steelers- Louis Nix III
13. Jets- Sammy Watkins
14. Rams- Ha Ha Clinton Dix
15. Lions- Marquise Lee
16. Cowboys- Stephon Tuitt
17. Chargers- Justin Gilbert
18. Packers- Eric Ebron
19. Eagles- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
20. Ravens- Mike Evans
21. Bears- Dominique Easley
22. Dolphins- Timmy Jernigan
23. Browns- Jordan Matthews
24. Bengals- Scott Crichton
25. Cardinals- Morgan Moses
26. Patriots- Darqueze Dennard
27. Panthers- Kelvin Benjamin
28. Niners- Ra'Shede Hageman
29. Saints- Marcus Roberson
30. Chiefs- Paul Richardson
31. Broncos- Zack Martin
32. Seahawks- Antonio Richardson

ServoBillieves
12-18-2013, 05:57 PM
A Right Tackle 1st? Or what, move Cordy over to RT and maybe move Hairston inside? Or Glenn inside like so many of you want? Pass.

DraftBoy
12-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Love it.

SpikedLemonade
12-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Love it.

Me too.

Skooby
12-18-2013, 06:48 PM
We're going to draft 10th I bet.

Buffalo Thriller
12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Not a fan of drafting Olineman in the 1st.

IAG
12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Don't like it. The line is fine.

Bangarang
12-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Don't like it. The line is fine.
lol wat

TacklingDummy
12-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Love it.

More reasons he will be a bust.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Drafting a RT 9th or 10th or whatever we end up would be absolutely idiotic.

TigerJ
12-18-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd rather pick up the offensive lineman after a trade down, but something needs to be done about the right tackle position. Whether or not the Bills actually consider drafting a tackle in the first round probably hinges on what they think of Chris Hairston as a possible starter.

ICRockets
12-19-2013, 01:04 AM
I want Mike Evans, Marqise Lee, or Khalil Mack if we don't go QB. I'd also accept one of the elite safeties or corners, as well as one of those TEs.

YardRat
12-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Games are won and lost in the trenches. Draft big, early and often. We need at least two high-end upgrades on the offensive line, one in the first/second round and one from free agency. Give me a new RT, and a new C (preferably) or G and I'll be happy.

Bunion
12-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Haha. You're funny Todd McShay, but I get it. If the Bills have a choice between moving their roster forward or royally ****ing up, they'll **** up. You're too clever for us, Todd!

clumping platelets
12-19-2013, 05:52 AM
That is a great pick :nod:

X-Era
12-19-2013, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't pass on Watkins if it fell that way.

tampabay25690
12-19-2013, 07:28 AM
I want Mike Evans, Marqise Lee, or Khalil Mack if we don't go QB. I'd also accept one of the elite safeties or corners, as well as one of those TEs.

I agree with you we need more playmakers.
I wouldnt mind a OT but to me playmaker is what we need....Mike Evans is now growing on me more and more.

better days
12-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't know if an OL needs to be drafted in the first rnd, but I would say OL somewhere in the first three rnds.

LB somewhere in the first three rnds.

Ed
12-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Taking O-lineman may not be popular, but it's a pretty important position. I wouldn't have a problem at all with an OT, but I'm not sure if Lewan would be the best one available.

If we go WR, I really like Kelvin Benjamin from FSU. He just looks like a beast and would already have some familiarity and chemistry with EJ.

I like Eric Ebron at TE a lot too.

Ideally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills work out a trade again where they pick up another 2nd rounder like last year.

tomz
12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
I also suspect the Bills will get an extra 3rd compensatory for Levitre and his huge contract.

I am in the playmaker camp and like Evans (big receiver--we need one of those) or Mack. We will not get either if we trade down.

All other needs--mostly o-line and TE can wait until 2nd and 3rd.

IAG
12-19-2013, 11:16 AM
We have a great run game. The pass pro will be fine. Draft skill guys.

stuckincincy
12-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I also suspect the Bills will get an extra 3rd compensatory for Levitre and his huge contract.

Sounds right - Levitre's played in every TEN game, and there's no offset with Kevin Kolb.

TedMock
12-19-2013, 12:55 PM

We have great talent at RB, but our run blocking has been horrible overall (as has CJ's vision). Cordy Glenn is the only player on the entire OL who has consistently performed at a high level in both pass and run blocking. Urbik has been ok in both. Wood has been good in pass and horrible in run. Same with Pears. Legursky has been horrible in all facets. Some of Woods struggle may be because he's compensating for Legursky. We need a LG desperately and an upgrade to RT. Having said that, I would not be opposed to WR, Mike Evans in round one and a guard in round two.

Uncle Jesse
12-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Bring me Mike Evans please.

stuckincincy
12-19-2013, 01:03 PM
We have great talent at RB, but our run blocking has been horrible overall (as has CJ's vision). Cordy Glenn is the only player on the entire OL who has consistently performed at a high level in both pass and run blocking. Urbik has been ok in both. Wood has been good in pass and horrible in run. Same with Pears. Legursky has been horrible in all facets. Some of Woods struggle may be because he's compensating for Legursky. We need a LG desperately and an upgrade to RT. Having said that, I would not be opposed to WR, Mike Evans in round one and a guard in round two.

Get the OL. BUF has been extremely fortunate this year regarding injuries. Their OL is marginal, and who knows what detritus they have on their bench. Folks attack the ST coach but fact is that the players populating it stink.

For this club, the more draft picks the better. 14 years on the outs speaks for itself.

clumping platelets
12-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Louis Nix would be welcomed as well :D

kingJofNYC
12-19-2013, 11:25 PM
I'd grab Greg Robinson over Lewan, not sure those WRs get to us either.

Robinson just destroys dudes in the run game, he finishes too, nasty player. Big man that can move like that, sign me the **** up!

BertSquirtgum
12-19-2013, 11:56 PM

Are you ****ing bonkers or what?

BertSquirtgum
12-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Mike Evans in the first or a QB, anything else is ******ed. Guard and tackle in the second and third rounds. BPA afterwards.

X-Era
12-20-2013, 05:49 AM
To all the Mike Evans fans take a look at Donte Moncrief from Ole Miss...

6'3" 226, runs a reported 4.49 40 time.

Bigger (in bulk), stronger, fights for the ball actually better, and has better speed. Evans has the production but he also had Manziel throwing to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOHRPmhErw

FinNasty23
12-20-2013, 05:57 AM
I hate that he has Bortles going so high. Stay for one more year kid!!!

TacklingDummy
12-20-2013, 05:58 AM
To all the Mike Evans fans take a look at Donte Moncrief from Ole Miss...

6'3" 226, runs a reported 4.49 40 time.

Bigger (in bulk), stronger, fights for the ball actually better, and has better speed. Evans has the production but he also had Manziel throwing to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOHRPmhErw

The 18th rated WR on Walters Football.

Donte Moncrief*, WR, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2014): 2-4.
11/23/13: Moncrief has had a mildly disappointing season as Ole Miss has a star freshman who has received a lot of targets. In 2013, Moncrief has 44 receptions for 686 yards and five touchdowns. He didn't do much against Alabama (6-60), but played well against Auburn (6-122) and LSU (5-107).

8/3/13: Moncrief broke out last season and was one of the better wide receivers in the SEC. The sophomore notched 66 receptions for 979 yards and 10 touchdowns as the primary target for quarterback Bo Wallace. Moncrief had some huge games against Texas (7-144-1), LSU (6-161-2) and Mississippi State (7-173-3). He had a lot of success beating Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks (second-round pick Tampa Bay) and LSU cornerback Tharold Simon (fifth-round pick Seattle) in man coverage.

Moncrief ran a lot of vertical routes last year and did a superb job of stretching the defense. He burned defensive backs deep throughout 2012 and could have had a bigger season if some passes had been thrown more accurately. Moncrief has some burst with deceptive deep speed. Considering he is a big receiver, he could stand to play more physical football and should be a better blocker. The junior should make improvements in those areas in 2013.

Moncrief had 31 catches for 454 yards and four touchdowns in 2011. He has already hinted that this could be his last season at Ole Miss.

Personal: Son of Nineta and Spencer Moncrief. Cousin of former Ole Miss wide receiver Shay Hodge.

Night Train
12-20-2013, 05:59 AM
I can't wait to watch the Bills select a LB in Round 1 and watch all the Madden disciples cry like babies.

X-Era
12-20-2013, 06:05 AM
The 18th rated WR on Walters Football.

Donte Moncrief*, WR, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2014): 2-4.
11/23/13: Moncrief has had a mildly disappointing season as Ole Miss has a star freshman who has received a lot of targets. In 2013, Moncrief has 44 receptions for 686 yards and five touchdowns. He didn't do much against Alabama (6-60), but played well against Auburn (6-122) and LSU (5-107).

8/3/13: Moncrief broke out last season and was one of the better wide receivers in the SEC. The sophomore notched 66 receptions for 979 yards and 10 touchdowns as the primary target for quarterback Bo Wallace. Moncrief had some huge games against Texas (7-144-1), LSU (6-161-2) and Mississippi State (7-173-3). He had a lot of success beating Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks (second-round pick Tampa Bay) and LSU cornerback Tharold Simon (fifth-round pick Seattle) in man coverage.

Moncrief ran a lot of vertical routes last year and did a superb job of stretching the defense. He burned defensive backs deep throughout 2012 and could have had a bigger season if some passes had been thrown more accurately. Moncrief has some burst with deceptive deep speed. Considering he is a big receiver, he could stand to play more physical football and should be a better blocker. The junior should make improvements in those areas in 2013.

Moncrief had 31 catches for 454 yards and four touchdowns in 2011. He has already hinted that this could be his last season at Ole Miss.

Personal: Son of Nineta and Spencer Moncrief. Cousin of former Ole Miss wide receiver Shay Hodge.A) I don't think Moncrief will go in the 1st. B) Walter is nuts.

I'd rate him in the top 8 of the WR's.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to watch the Bills select a LB in Round 1 and watch all the Madden disciples cry like babies.I'd be just fine with that depending on who it is.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Walters Football latest mock...

1. Clowney
2. Matthews
3. Bridgewater
4. Raiders: Manzeil
5. Browns: Watkins
6. Atlanta Falcons: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
8. Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
9. Tennessee Titans: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
10. Buffalo Bills: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
The Bills have to replace right tackle Erik Pears this offseason. Lewan could play right tackle, or Buffalo could put him at left tackle and flip Cordy Glenn to the right side.

Lewan has played well this year. He did well against Michigan State and has been consistent in his pass protection throughout the season. Lewan looked much better versus Notre Dame in Week 2 this year against the Fighting Irish than he did in 2012. Lewan was impressive all night in pass protection and run blocking. He did well against Notre Dame's edge-rushers Stephon Tuitt and Prince Shembo. Against Connecticut, Lewan was beaten for a sack.

2012 was Lewan's third straight season as the starter at left tackle, and he got better as the year progressed. Lewan was solid as a pass-protector and very effective as a run-blocker. The redshirt junior didn't have his best games against Alabama or Ohio State, but he wasn't dominated by Jadeveon Clowney in the Outback Bowl. The Wolverines tackle held his own and had his share of wins. Lewan was a Second-Team All-Big Ten selection in 2011.

The 6-foot-8, 302-pounder is a good run-blocker with the athleticism to be a pass-protector. He should fill out his frame, but has ideal length and athleticism. Lewan has some serious upside and just needs more development.

11.New York Giants: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
12. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
13. New York Jets: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
14. St. Louis Rams: HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
15. Detroit Lions: Marqise Lee, WR, USC
16. Dallas Cowboys: C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama
17. San Diego Chargers: Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
18. Green Bay Packers: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
19. Miami Dolphins: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
20. Arizona Cardinals: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
21. Philadelphia Eagles: Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
22. Chicago Bears: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
23. Cleveland Browns: Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
24. Baltimore Ravens: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
25. Cincinnati Bengals: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
26. Carolina Panthers: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
27. San Francisco 49ers: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
28. Kansas City Chiefs: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
29. New England Patriots: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
30. New Orleans Saints: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
31. Denver Broncos: Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
32. Seattle Seahawks: Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State

41. Buffalo Bills: David Yankey, G/OT, Stanford
The Bills need to improve their guard situation after not re-signing Andy Levitre. Yankey would give them a good pulling guard to pave the way for C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson.

Yankey moved back to left guard for 2013. He has played extremely well thus far, opening up holes in the ground game and doing a superb job in pass protection. Yankey is very good at pulling to his right and blasting open running lanes.

The Cardinal rolled over many opponents in 2012, and Yankey did a superb job as run-blocking tackle for Stepfan Taylor. Yankey had some struggles against Washington; Notre Dame's superb defensive line and linebackers battled hard against him with each side getting its share of wins. Yankey did well against Oregon and UCLA late in the year. He made the right decision to return for his senior season before going pro.

Being back at guard is a more natural fit for Yankey as he isn't an elite enough athlete to be a left tackle. Stanford feels it has a potential 2015 NFL Draft first-round pick in sophomore left tackle Andrus Peat.

Yankey (6-5, 301) saw time on the right side of the offensive line in 2011 and played well. He did a good job of opening holes for Taylor and protecting Andrew Luck. Yankey moved over to left tackle after Jonathan Martin left for the NFL.

75. Buffalo Bills: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
The Bills need to build up a stable of weapons for E.J. Manuel. They should get a tight end to pair with Scott Chandler.

Fiedorowicz (6-7, 265) has 26 receptions for 253 yards and six touchdowns this year. Iowa had a down 2012 season, but Fiedorowicz was one of the bright spots. He hauled in 45 receptions for 433 yards and a touchdown. Fiedorowicz did a solid job as a blocker for the Hawkeyes, and he has more speed and athleticism than one would think. Fiedorowicz had 16 catches for 167 yards and three touchdowns as a sophomore.

better days
12-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Mike Evans in the first or a QB, anything else is ******ed. Guard and tackle in the second and third rounds. BPA afterwards.

You are forgetting LB, probably the Biggest need after LG.

I would like to see both a LG & LB drafted in the first 3 rnds.

Ed
12-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Louis Nix would be welcomed as well :D
I was thinking about this yesterday and I actually like this a lot. If we were to take a defensive player in the first, I'd rather have a huge talented NT like Nix than a pass rusher or LB. People keep bringing up the Bills need to add another pass rusher, but this defense is about to set a new single season franchise sack record. This defense hasn't had an issue getting after the qb and we seem to have a handful of guys capable of that right now. The biggest issue has continued to be run defense, so why not add Nix to the middle and slide Kyle Williams to DE. If Branch can play DE in this defense, why can't a quicker, more athletic, and just more talented Kyle Williams do the same? I would think Dareus and K Williams would be able to wreak even more havoc in the back field with Nix in between them.

Ed
12-20-2013, 10:56 AM
I'd grab Greg Robinson over Lewan, not sure those WRs get to us either.

Robinson just destroys dudes in the run game, he finishes too, nasty player. Big man that can move like that, sign me the **** up!
I like Greg Robinson over Lewan too, but I think it's still rather up in the air if he's going to declare or not.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2013, 11:03 AM
I was thinking about this yesterday and I actually like this a lot. If we were to take a defensive player in the first, I'd rather have a huge talented NT like Nix than a pass rusher or LB. People keep bringing up the Bills need to add another pass rusher, but this defense is about to set a new single season franchise sack record. This defense hasn't had an issue getting after the qb and we seem to have a handful of guys capable of that right now. The biggest issue has continued to be run defense, so why not add Nix to the middle and slide Kyle Williams to DE. If Branch can play DE in this defense, why can't a quicker, more athletic, and just more talented Kyle Williams do the same? I would think Dareus and K Williams would be able to wreak even more havoc in the back field with Nix in between them.We need a DT that's good against the run. Something Williams and Dareus are below average at.

BertSquirtgum
12-20-2013, 12:07 PM
You are forgetting LB, probably the Biggest need after LG.

I would like to see both a LG & LB drafted in the first 3 rnds.

RT and LG are more important at this point than a linebacker. Considering who the Bills have playing those positions currently.

Ed
12-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Well Chris Brown said today in one of his fan friday responses that he expects wholesale changes for the OL this off season. He said that only Glenn and Wood are safe, and he expects the Bills to use both free agency and the draft to upgrade the OL.

justasportsfan
12-20-2013, 12:39 PM
I originally was not big on using our top picks on OLinemen, but after seeing EJ to through his reads slower than Ralph can run a 40 , might as well.

X-Era
12-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Well Chris Brown said today in one of his fan friday responses that he expects wholesale changes for the OL this off season. He said that only Glenn and Wood are safe, and he expects the Bills to use both free agency and the draft to upgrade the OL.
Outside of Glenn and Wood you have journeyman scrubs that ended up being starters that the FO considers good.

But when you add a prior NFL OLmen as your HC he may set a higher standard.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Problem is You don't usually draft a RT in he 1st. So we may be thinking of adding OL in rounds 2 or beyond and adding a guy or two from FA.

alohabillsfan
12-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Games are won and lost in the trenches. Draft big, early and often. We need at least two high-end upgrades on the offensive line, one in the first/second round and one from free agency. Give me a new RT, and a new C (preferably) or G and I'll be happy.

Yep, that strategy worked well in the 70's. It's a passing league now so step one is a franchise QB step two is a true number one WR! That's all you need !

better days
12-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Yep, that strategy worked well in the 70's. It's a passing league now so step one is a franchise QB step two is a true number one WR! That's all you need !

How is the QB expected to complete passes while on his back?

The OL is as important today as it ever was.

And on Defense, pass rushers are at a premium for the same reason.

stuckincincy
12-21-2013, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=better days;3890669

The OL is as important today as it ever was. [/QUOTE]

Yep. PGH is a good example. They've tried to improve via the draft the past few years (C Pouncey and G DeCastro), but injuries conspired, and even with a marvelous qb they are on the outs.

gr8slayer
12-21-2013, 07:23 PM
I'd be completely happy with that pick. I will NEVER complain about a team trying to improve the OL/DL in the first round, don't care who they are drafting, or how much I disprove of the player they are drafting.