PDA

View Full Version : Can we dump Miller to the Isles for another 1st round pick ?

Skooby
12-18-2013, 09:07 PM
I'd like the 2nd pick in the draft, besides the 1st. That'd make us at least not horrible in the near future, I think.:pray:

JATMtheJATM
12-18-2013, 11:13 PM
dump miller? the guy who is single handedly keeping the sabres in game most nights?

the isles wont make that move, and i dont want to "dump miller." lets not act like hes simply expendable here.

Ginger Vitis
12-19-2013, 01:11 PM
the isles wont make that move,

Not a chance in hell the Islanders give the Sabres another 1st Rounder for Ryan Miller.. Skooby must be trolling all of us lately what other explanation can there be for the string of terrible threads from him

SpikedLemonade
12-19-2013, 07:46 PM
The Sabres will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick from a contending team come the trade deadline.

I predict they get a 3rd round pick plus a prospect that will never play more than 5 NHL games.

Typ0
12-20-2013, 04:21 AM
I don't think Ryan Miller is going anywhere...but we are going to need to hire a GM to keep him here.

Meathead
12-20-2013, 04:50 AM
more games like last nite and he wont want to leave

rbochan
12-20-2013, 06:06 AM
The Sabres will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick from a contending team come the trade deadline.

I predict they get a 3rd round pick plus a prospect that will never play more than 5 NHL games.

I think you're mistaken.

Considering his 7W - 17L:

GAA: 2.87 - SV%: .921

That's incredible.

OpIv37
12-20-2013, 08:06 AM
dump miller? the guy who is single handedly keeping the sabres in game most nights?

the isles wont make that move, and i dont want to "dump miller." lets not act like hes simply expendable here.
Eh, you're arguing semantics. Dumped, moved, traded- pick your term but he's not going to re-sign in Buffalo so he has to be moved before we lose him for nothing.

trapezeus
12-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Op, i would have agreed with you if reiger was still here. i think if lafontaine and nolan seem competent and the sabres are offering market value to miller and a deal that is like 3-4 years, he might take that. it gives the sabres a chance to reload quickly and see if they can get up to speed quickly and let's him out and become tradable if the win quick approach doesn't take hold.

i also would hate to trade miller before the olympics because it's only good press for buffalo to have him playing. He's doing well on a pee-wee team playing NHL talent. imagine what he'll be like when he's playing with an all-star team. i think he will show high value through that and a desperate nashville-esque team that saw 1st round value in gaustad may offer a small village for miller.

OpIv37
12-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Op, i would have agreed with you if reiger was still here. i think if lafontaine and nolan seem competent and the sabres are offering market value to miller and a deal that is like 3-4 years, he might take that. it gives the sabres a chance to reload quickly and see if they can get up to speed quickly and let's him out and become tradable if the win quick approach doesn't take hold.

i also would hate to trade miller before the olympics because it's only good press for buffalo to have him playing. He's doing well on a pee-wee team playing NHL talent. imagine what he'll be like when he's playing with an all-star team. i think he will show high value through that and a desperate nashville-esque team that saw 1st round value in gaustad may offer a small village for miller.

I disagree because of time. Miller will be 34 at the end of the season. If he signs a four year deal, he'll be 38 at the end of it. It's his last contract.

And hockey rebuilds take time. Even if Nolan and LaFontaine do everything right, we will just be getting competitive in the last two years of his contract. Signing a four year deal with Buffalo all but guarantees that Miller won't get another legit shot at a Cup before he retires.

OpIv37
12-20-2013, 08:50 AM
I do agree that we should wait until after the Olympics to trade him.

And I also think this thread is stupid because the Islanders trade would never work. They gave up too much for Vanek and still aren't contenders. They need to rebuild too and we already have their first rounder. Plus, we already have Moulson and their first rounder- the only other player from them that I'd want is Tavares but a) it doesn't make sense to sell the farm for a player like him during a rebuild and b) there is no way the Isles let him go anyway.

JATMtheJATM
12-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Eh, you're arguing semantics. Dumped, moved, traded- pick your term but he's not going to re-sign in Buffalo so he has to be moved before we lose him for nothing.

i am arguing semantics.