X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Doug Whaley and scouting improvements

Credit is much deserved for these guys for this rookie class. I know it will be judged in totality by manual but they are getting some buzz.

Kiko is number 1 rookie manual is in top 30 and Robert woods and Robert are in top 40 of Mel kiper. Only other qb is Glennon geno not on list.

Robey also ranked as third best undrafted rookie.

Hopefully this was not a fluke and will be the norm. Maybe not rookie of year contention every year but rookies that play well and show a lot of promise.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Doug Whaley and scouting improvements

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Credit is much deserved for these guys for this rookie class. I know it will be judged in totality by manual but they are getting some buzz.

Kiko is number 1 rookie manual is in top 30 and Robert woods and Robert are in top 40 of Mel kiper. Only other qb is Glennon geno not on list.

Robey also ranked as third best undrafted rookie.

Hopefully this was not a fluke and will be the norm. Maybe not rookie of year contention every year but rookies that play well and show a lot of promise.
    As I have said a few times before, Nix fixed the scouting dept before he retired.

I expect more drafts like the last one. Rather than Maybin, Whitner type drafts.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post
      As I have said a few times before, Nix fixed the scouting dept before he retired.

I expect more drafts like the last one. Rather than Maybin, Whitner type drafts.
      Spooge

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post
        Spooge
        What the Hell is Spooge?

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

What the Hell is Spooge?
          Your new name

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post
            Your new name
            FU.

Down here we have a Coastal.

As in Coastal Recovery.

A place to get yourself clean.

Maybe you need to come down for a visit to your namesake.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

What the Hell is Spooge?
              In coastal's world, lunch.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Zing

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Well I for one am excited about what direction they go in this draft. I know we need a lg but in today's nfl you almost need to lt one to play the left and right side as teams move pass rushers so much.

Interesting question if we draft a tackle to compete with Hairston could we move pears to lg and hopefully let him and unga battle it out.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

I wouldn't count on hairston for anything. He's been hurt every season.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i would wait before we say we have a real scouting department. kiko is the best of the group and his play is trailing off a little as the season wears on. he was a game changer for the first 4th of the season and i think there is promise there.

the WR are still undersized. woods may be good, but he hasn't built any chemsitry with any of the 3 qb's we've had play. so he's still a question mark

and manuel has stagnated from average to below average. doing ok against bad teams and struggling against average to very good d's.

all these guys coudl get better, but they didn't get a day 1 major impact player who has been consistent all season.if you are going to say someone has a good front office after a full single season, they need to find at least 1 impact player who is a starter and legitimately looks like the face of that position for 10 years. Kiko is the closest to that guy. i trust if we get a great OLB player, Kiko will transition nicely to a stud who has to fill the middle. but knowing the bills, we'll just assume we fixed LB because we have 1 that is better than total suck

as such, i would prefer to see how 3 years worth of drafts turn out before i say anything has changed.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        i would wait before we say we have a real scouting department. kiko is the best of the group and his play is trailing off a little as the season wears on. he was a game changer for the first 4th of the season and i think there is promise there.

the WR are still undersized. woods may be good, but he hasn't built any chemsitry with any of the 3 qb's we've had play. so he's still a question mark

and manuel has stagnated from average to below average. doing ok against bad teams and struggling against average to very good d's.

all these guys coudl get better, but they didn't get a day 1 major impact player who has been consistent all season.if you are going to say someone has a good front office after a full single season, they need to find at least 1 impact player who is a starter and legitimately looks like the face of that position for 10 years. Kiko is the closest to that guy. i trust if we get a great OLB player, Kiko will transition nicely to a stud who has to fill the middle. but knowing the bills, we'll just assume we fixed LB because we have 1 that is better than total suck

as such, i would prefer to see how 3 years worth of drafts turn out before i say anything has changed.
                        Well, Kiko should be Defensive Rookie of the year. If not, at least runner up to that.

All the rookie receivers look like they will be long term Bills.

Wait 3 years. Then I will say I TOLD YOU SO.

Comment

• jimmifli
                          • Nov 2006

What did he do to fix it?

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                            What did he do to fix it?
                            He got rid of some guys like Modrack & hired a number of new scouts, increasing the size of the scouting dept.

Nix is also still on the Bills payroll & I would not be surprised he has done some scouting for them.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

We did well with Kiko & now everything is all set ? How about the last 14 years of dogsheet ? Last time we made the playoffs I had a very small newborn baby boy in my arms, he's now in high school.

I can't give credit for doing your job, lets see if it translates to more than 5 wins next year.
                              Last edited by Skooby; 12-20-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X