PDA

View Full Version : FWIW - best, worst cap situations, BUF #6

stuckincincy
12-21-2013, 03:14 AM
Per CBS Sports, BUF is #6 in cap room.

Top Ten: OAK, JAX ,CLE, CHI ,IND, BUF, MIA, WAS, GB, CIN:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24379050/agents-take-raiders-atop-list-of-10-teams-with-best-2014-salary-cap-situation

Bottom Three: DAL, NO, PIT:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24382087/agents-take-worst-salary-caps-cowboys-saints-steelers-lead-way

Mouldsie
12-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Cut Stevie, Mario, and Byrd to get to #1!

stuckincincy
12-21-2013, 03:40 AM

:dance2:

YardRat
12-21-2013, 05:32 AM
Will be interesting to see what Whaley does in free agency this off season.

clumping platelets
12-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Can't cut Byrd..........he does not count on the 2014 cap

Mario has a cap number of $18-19 million because of a huge roster bonus........treat it as a signing bonus and gain even more cap space.

Wonder if those numbers include carryover cap space from 2013.........cant read those article yet

Bangarang
12-21-2013, 09:51 AM

If cut, Stevie and Mario combine to around $30 million in dead cap space.

SpikedLemonade
12-21-2013, 10:02 AM

Speaking of dead cap space, I'm sure Ralph is not going to allow his internal salary cap of $20M below the actual ceiling to be exceeded.

Mouldsie
12-21-2013, 12:02 PM
You're not thinking long term

FinNasty23
12-21-2013, 01:01 PM
And everyone was hating on Miami regarding the cap last offseason...

Dawn Aponte is the ****...

better days
12-21-2013, 01:31 PM
And everyone was hating on Miami regarding the cap last offseason...

Dawn Aponte is the ****...

The Fins signed a number of players to one year contracts this year.

They won't count against the cap next year but they won't be on the Fins either unless resigned.

DynaPaul
12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Demote Stevie. Keep Mario and Byrd. We need OL, TE, WR, LB, and CB help. And draft another QB later on.

FinNasty23
12-21-2013, 02:37 PM
The Fins signed a number of players to one year contracts this year.

They won't count against the cap next year but they won't be on the Fins either unless resigned.
How many did they sign to 1 year contracts? Grimes and Clabo? Who else?

Bangarang
12-21-2013, 05:00 PM
You're not thinking long term

So you're advocating that unproven rookies give us a better chance to be successful?

who do you suggest we get that can replace the production of Stevie and Mario?

The Jokeman
12-21-2013, 05:46 PM

Dustin Keller is the only other guy I can think of.

Skooby
12-21-2013, 06:36 PM
So you're advocating that unproven rookies give us a better chance to be successful?

Stevie? Any 2.5-3rd string NFL WR.

better days
12-21-2013, 06:47 PM

Dustin Keller. And Reshad Jones, Randy Starks & Paul Solia will be free agents as well.

That is 6 good players there that will eat into the cap if resigned.

FinNasty23
12-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Dustin Keller. And Reshad Jones, Randy Starks & Paul Solia will be free agents as well.

That is 6 good players there that will eat into the cap if resigned.
Dustin Keller is another one that was signed to a 1 year deal. I had forgot about him, but we haven't had him for a single game all season so it's hard to call him a "loss".

Reshad Jones was extended. He'll be a Fin for a while. Soliai and Starks (franchise tag) are expiring. One will be kept, prob Soliai, to pair with Odrick long term...

Every team has a couple FAs. We are no different...

better days
12-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Dustin Keller is another one that was signed to a 1 year deal. I had forgot about him, but we haven't had him for a single game all season so it's hard to call him a "loss".

Reshad Jones was extended. He'll be a Fin for a while. Soliai and Starks (franchise tag) are expiring. One will be kept, prob Soliai, to pair with Odrick long term...

Every team has a couple FAs. We are no different...

Well, you could have used Keller this year. If the Fins don't sign him next year, I would be happy if the Bills did, even with his injuries.

And what about Grimes & Clabo?

FinNasty23
12-21-2013, 07:13 PM
With the emergence of Clay... I have no problem letting Keller walk. I see us retaining Grimes and Soliai, and letting Starks and Clabo walk. For the record... Clabo can NOT be described as a "good" player, lol.

better days
12-21-2013, 07:20 PM
With the emergence of Clay... I have no problem letting Keller walk. I see us retaining Grimes and Soliai, and letting Starks and Clabo walk. For the record... Clabo can NOT be described as a "good" player, lol.

Well, Mario ate Clabo alive but where would you be now without him?

Especially since it is doubtful Martin or his bully will play for the Fins again.

If the Fins get a good OT in the offseason, could Clabo be moved inside?

FinNasty23
12-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, Mario ate Clabo alive but where would you be now without him?

Especially since it is doubtful Martin or his bully will play for the Fins again.

If the Fins get a good OT in the offseason, could Clabo be moved inside?

If Clabo was retained, he couldn't command much more than the vet min.

better days
12-21-2013, 07:32 PM
If Clabo was retained, he couldn't command much more than the vet min.

Well, if the Fins do win the next two games & get into the playoffs, Clabo's price goes up.

FinNasty23
12-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Well, if the Fins do win the next two games & get into the playoffs, Clabo's price goes up.

Then someone else can pay it, lol. I can't believe that personnel people who are evaluating his film would pay him a significant amount of money based on the teams success while trying to mask his deficiencies as much as possible.

Skooby
12-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I think you guys in a cold rain & a sparse crowd will have a good chance to win this week.

better days
12-21-2013, 09:41 PM
I think you guys in a cold rain & a sparse crowd will have a good chance to win this week.

Just because the game did not sell out does not mean the crowd will be sparse.

Like I said, I expect many more people at this game than there were in Jax last week.

Skooby
12-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Just because the game did not sell out does not mean the crowd will be sparse.

Like I said, I expect many more people at this game than there were in Jax last week.

No one wants to get sick for a Christmas, mid 40's & rain is a formula for illness. I put a 10,000 ZB bounty on that attendance number, please feel free to call it there.

Mouldsie
12-21-2013, 11:14 PM

duh

better days
12-22-2013, 07:54 AM
No one wants to get sick for a Christmas, mid 40's & rain is a formula for illness. I put a 10,000 ZB bounty on that attendance number, please feel free to call it there.

How often is the weatherman right?

About as often as me predicting the score, attendence correct.