PDA

View Full Version : SQUISHED!!!

Historian
12-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey all you who wanted to lose on purpose....suck on that!!!!

The Bills always win when it's blacked out!

:squish:

Mike13
12-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Worst OL vs Best DL. I wonder who wins?

pmoon6
12-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, suuuuck it.

And the defense led by two sucky players just shut out a playoff contender.

Fools Gold indeed.

How many net yards? 120 you say. Take away one play and it's 80.

SpikedLemonade
12-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Hopefully Ralph sees another win.

Meathead
12-22-2013, 03:20 PM
dominated even more than the score indicated

SquishDaFish
12-22-2013, 03:20 PM
SQUISHED!!! **** losing out!!!

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 03:21 PM
****ing garbage...

Mike Sherman shouldn't even be allowed on the team plane home...

Meathead
12-22-2013, 03:22 PM
tanny completes only ten passes. fourteen freakin yds rushing. wow

YardRat
12-22-2013, 03:22 PM
How sweet it is...:D

Meathead
12-22-2013, 03:23 PM
duck the folphins

pmoon6
12-22-2013, 03:23 PM
****ing garbage...

Mike Sherman shouldn't even be allowed on the team plane home...Maybe they will let him out half way....over Charlotte.

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Maybe they will let him out half way....over Charlotte.
I can only hope...

Crisis
12-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Miko Grimes @iHeartMiko

Hey Bills fans, pulling the alarm at 3am to get the hotel evacuated isnt gonna stop u from getting this ass whooping!

WagonCircler
12-22-2013, 04:05 PM
It was well worth the frozen face and ears. I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

BTW, Thad is just as inaccurate as EJ, but somehow manages to be a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

pmoon6
12-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Final stats were Fins - 108 net yards offense, 14 rushing yards. 2.2 yards per pass average, 7 sacks allowed.

We looked like the freakin' 85 Bears today.

Skooby
12-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I wish we could play Miami every week.

bigbry
12-22-2013, 04:39 PM
****ing garbage...

Mike Sherman shouldn't even be allowed on the team plane home...

But then every Bills fan will want to buy him drinks...

- - - Updated - - -

I wish we could play Miami every week.

Okay, that one hurt

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 04:40 PM
But then every Bills fan will want to buy him drinks...

Give the bastard alcohol poisoning...

Crisis
12-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Fred Jackson - 118 yards
Miami Dolphins - 103 yards

Luisito23
12-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Miami is a horrible team with a horrible QB...How was that even a question before?

Night Train
12-22-2013, 04:53 PM
I was instructed by our resident idiot savants we had NO CHANCE in this game.

HAHAHAHA!

Take up following cricket.

Famous Amos
12-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Man, every third down it seemed the defense fed off the crowd's enthusiasm and came up with a big play. 7 sacks?! Seven! And they wenren't coverage sacks either. Our pass rushers got after Tanny! Man that was a fun game to be at. Loved every minute of it.

YardRat
12-22-2013, 05:18 PM
SA-WEEEEEEEP !!!

http://www.alicesupplyco.com/images/groups/broom-striped.jpg

Downinfloflo
12-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I love how everyone forgets how ****ty this team has been the past few games..Always happens here.

To bad this team **** the bed when it really mattered... :whistle:

Crisis
12-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I love how everyone forgets how ****ty this team has been the past few games..Always happens here.

Who gives a ****? We just dominated a team most of us grew up despising. On top of that took away Miami having control of their playoff chances.

**** Miami. **** draft position today. I hope we **** on the Patriots next week and **** up their seeding too.

Night Train
12-22-2013, 05:49 PM

To bad this team **** the bed when it really mattered... :whistle:

Yup, the Fins do suck. :up:

The Bills re rebuilding. The Fins will be starting from scratch next year, since they're way over the cap and on the road to nowhere.

Downinfloflo
12-22-2013, 05:50 PM

The Bills re rebuilding. The Fins will be starting from scratch next year, since they're way over the cap and on the road to nowhere.

A.K.A.....One Bills Drive.

Downinfloflo
12-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Who gives a ****? We just dominated a team most of us grew up despising. On top of that took away Miami having control of their playoff chances.

**** Miami. **** draft position today. I hope we **** on the Patriots next week and **** up their seeding too.

When the Bills can win an important game to take control of their own playoff hopes...Then I'll be impressed, But it's been 14 years.

Kind of sad when you have to relegate yourself to getting joy out of taking a team golfing with you.

Bills had the chance to keep their season alive...But they got DOMINATED by Tampa Bay..

Crisis
12-22-2013, 05:56 PM
When the Bills can win an important game to take control of their own playoff hopes...Then I'll be impressed, But it's been 14 years.

Kind of sad when you have to relegate yourself to getting joy out of taking a team golfing with you.

Bills had the chance to keep their season alive...But they got DOMINATED by Tampa Bay..

Try enjoying a win for a day. We don't get many.

You'll have 6 months to reflect on how ****ty the Bills are.

Downinfloflo
12-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Try enjoying a win for a day. We don't get many.

You'll have 6 months to reflect on how ****ty the Bills are.

Dude.....I have had 14 years to do that.

Historian
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I love how everyone forgets how ****ty this team has been the past few games.

Two wins in a row..

psubills62
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Just looked at the box score and stats.

Was it really that dominating? Disappointed that I was traveling and missed it.

Mace
12-22-2013, 06:47 PM

It honestly looked like it thanks to a remarkably smothering defense and dominant Bills running game. Bills roughed them up pretty good. It was a fun game to watch if you like taking-care-of-business unspectacular games. By that I mean the Bills offered no fireworks, just shoved them around methodically as if they were the team controlling their playoff destiny.

If you have a chance to watch a replay, you'll enjoy it.

finfan34
12-22-2013, 06:51 PM

Hey smart guy, you do realize the dolphins have 30 million in cap space in the offseason. Enjoy being the bills

Crisis
12-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Hey smart guy, you do realize the dolphins have 30 million in cap space in the offseason. Enjoy being the bills

Does it matter? You'll blow it on bums like Wheeler, Ellerbe, and Wallace.

Enjoy having the modern day Matt Millen running your team.

DraftBoy
12-22-2013, 06:57 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

DynaPaul
12-22-2013, 07:01 PM
I always like playing spoiler especially when it's a divisional foe.

Night Train
12-22-2013, 07:02 PM
27 and Grimes will be franchised for 11.1. Where did the $$ go ?

I enjoy watching our backup QB (from Miami) beat your starter twice. Pathetic.

bigbry
12-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Dolphins have the #6 seed right now.

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 07:08 PM

See the thread on the best cap situations. We're #7...

bigbry
12-22-2013, 07:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

finfan34
12-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Does it matter? You'll blow it on bums like Wheeler, Ellerbe, and Wallace.

Enjoy having the modern day Matt Millen running your team.

We'll be in the playoffs in two weeks with those players and you will be at wegmans wondering why it blows so much to live in western New York

Crisis
12-22-2013, 07:20 PM
We'll be in the playoffs in two weeks with those players and you will be at wegmans wondering why it blows so much to live in western New York

That's displaying a lot of confidence in your team to win next week considering you got swept by Thad Lewis.

Even if you stumble into a playoff spot because of the conference being **** it just means another year for Ireland to **** things up.

finfan34
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM
27 and Grimes will be franchised for 11.1. Where did the $$ go ?

I enjoy watching our backup QB (from Miami) beat your starter twice. Pathetic.

Why would you say were in cap hell if you know we have 27? your backup didn't beat miami. Your superior d line and running game beat us. No biggie, we sure it up next year and we'll be fine. Anyone who can't see that tannenhill has potential is a just a homer

ps- grimes won't be franchised, just my opinion

Downinfloflo
12-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Two wins in a row..

Were they able to do that when it mattered? And their playoff hopes were on the line?

Skooby
12-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't throw stones either way here boys, the Fins might still make the playoffs or just have a worse draft pick then us. Either way, Bills won the head to head versus them big time this season. I didn't figure a sweep but that's what come up.

Mike13
12-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Miami is a horrible team with a horrible QB...How was that even a question before?

No one can pass behind that OL. The fact that he has had very good year is a miracle.

finfan34
12-22-2013, 07:47 PM
That's displaying a lot of confidence in your team to win next week considering you got swept by Thad Lewis.

Even if you stumble into a playoff spot because of the conference being **** it just means another year for Ireland to **** things up.

Please name a team in the afc playoff picture we can't beat not named Denver? You see two dolphin games a year and you have it all figured out I guess. Pats must suck because you played them tough the first time you guys played.

stuckincincy
12-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Sour grapes is unbecoming...MIA was manhandled throughout this game, and your coaching staff called a horrific game. The other teams in the AFC playoff picture noticed.

BillsImpossible
12-22-2013, 07:58 PM

Oh come on, you're just jealous that you don't have a Wegmans down in that 85 degree sweat hole of a place where people go to die.

Skooby
12-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Trying to find a silver-lining after getting sodomized today means zero, goodluck the rest of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on, you're just jealous that you don't have a Wegmans down in that 85 degree sweat hole of a place where people go to die.

I'm jealous, Publix sucks & Winn-Dixie is even worse.

Downinfloflo
12-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Sour grapes is unbecoming...MIA was manhandled throughout this game, and your coaching staff called a horrific game. The other teams in the AFC playoff picture noticed.

Miami kept the Bills out of the end zone all but once...That's a concern.

better days
12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Trying to find a silver-lining after getting sodomized today means zero, goodluck the rest of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm jealous, Publix sucks & Winn-Dixie is even worse.

Publix only sucks in Naples because nobody that works at the Publix in Naples can speak English.

Up here in Sarasota County, Publix is GREAT. EVERYBODY that works in Publix up here speaks English as their first language.

better days
12-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Not really.

Back up QB.

No Stevie.

No Woods from the beginning of the 3rd Qtr.

better days
12-22-2013, 08:13 PM
No one can pass behind that OL. The fact that he has had very good year is a miracle.
[/INDENT]

I agree with you Mike. Tannehill is a GOOD QB.

The Fins problem is the OL.

Mace
12-22-2013, 08:16 PM
[/INDENT]

I'm looking forward to good Bills/Dolphins games ahead. Tannehill needs a line and a running game, we need a for sure QB and receivers. I don't think the Fins need worry about finding a QB anymore.

Skooby
12-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Publix only sucks in Naples because nobody that works at the Publix in Naples can speak English.

Up here in Sarasota County, Publix is GREAT. EVERYBODY that works in Publix up here speaks English as their first language.

I'm talking about the limited amount of food versus Wegmans. Wegmans has 100's of feet of fresh food versus publix. I can care less what they speak, I want more food cases.

Mike13
12-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Please name a team in the afc playoff picture we can't beat not named Denver? You see two dolphin games a year and you have it all figured out I guess. Pats must suck because you played them tough the first time you guys played.

Dude, there is no silver lining here, the team was not prepared to play and are lucky Tannehill didn't blow out his knee. We also had a monumental mismatch in the trenches.

stuckincincy
12-22-2013, 08:23 PM

I'm guessing that you mean scoring drives. BUF was 1 out of 4 in the red zone. That was the td from nine yards out - otherwise, 4 fgs...45, 22, 21, 26 yard attempts. Still, not a good day for the MIA defense, letting the opposition get close enough for 3 short-range fgs.

The fin fans have to be mad at the club - a lot on the line and they offer up such a stinker on both sides of the ball.

AFAIK, they will have to beat NYJ at home, and hope that BAL and SD lose. I've no idea what the tiebreakers for MIA are.

better days
12-22-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm talking about the limited amount of food versus Wegmans. Wegmans has 100's of feet of fresh food versus publix. I can care less what they speak, I want more food cases.

I haven't been to the Publix in Naples in a quite while. If they haven't remodeled I get that.

In Sarasota, the OLD Publix's are small & limited, but the newer stores are MUCH bigger with much more to offer. Like twice the size of the older Publix.

better days
12-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Dude, there is no silver lining here, the team was not prepared to play and are lucky Tannehill didn't blow out his knee. We also had a monumental mismatch in the trenches.

Well, on the positive side for you Mike, the Fins just need to fix the OL.

You have a good HC & good QB.

I look forward to the Bills & Fins playing for the Division Championship in the near future...............Screw the Pats*

better days
12-22-2013, 08:46 PM
My thoughts on the game:

BOOM, 6 WINS. I TOLD YOU SO.................2-14 Crowd.

Nix & the scouting Dept........................Robey undrafted, playing like a FIRST Rnd pick.

You can also credit the scouting dept for the Hughes trade & the Branch signing.

Chandler.....................where are his critics NOW? He has been playing WELL.

Mitch....................The crowd was not sparse in spite of the weather & the Bills looked like the MOTIVATED team.

Miami_Vice
12-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Good game Bills fans.

COngrats on the sweep.

Good news for us though is that we are still fighting for a playoff spot.

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 09:22 PM
You'd think we MAY throw ONE ****ING SCREEN PASS to the RB to try to slow your pass rush and blitz down. JUST ONE. ALL GAME. But no...

Our OL is horrible and your pass rush is awesome. Both were well known going in. You'd think we'd try to mask and counter it as much as possible. But no...

**** you Sherman...

Downinfloflo
12-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Not really.

Back up QB.

No Stevie.

Thad play's better then E.J...He don't play scared.

Stevie could not catch a cold in Alaska soak and wet with shorts on in the dead of winter.

Still had Jackson...Spiller...Chandler...

The Bills were stopped a few times only 10 yards away from a TD. :boring:

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 09:47 PM
"I kept waiting for them to block me,'' Buffalo cornerback Nickell Robey said, "and they never did. I'd say, 'OK, this play they're going to block me.' ''

He laughed.

"And then they didn't again!" he said.

"One play I ran by No. 42 (Charles Clay),'' he said. "One play I ran by that running back (Lamar Miller). I beat (Bryant) McKinnie on the edge once."

He held three fingers up.

"One time their other running back (Daniel Thomas) bumped into the quarterback trying to block me and that was as good as a sack,'' he said.

Sweet adjustments. **** you Sherman...

jimmifli
12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
You'd think we MAY throw ONE ****ING SCREEN PASS to the RB to try to slow your pass rush and blitz down. JUST ONE. ALL GAME. But no...

Our OL is horrible and your pass rush is awesome. Both were well known going in. You'd think we'd try to mask and counter it as much as possible. But no...

**** you Sherman...

You did. Buffalo almost caught the ball as the receiver was impaled.

It was just lots of 4 man rush getting to the QB, with no deep ball from you guys we also stacked 8. Screens, slants and **** to the flats are going to be tough. You needed something deep or down the seam.

better days
12-22-2013, 10:02 PM

**** you Sherman...

Well, nothing I read or heard before the game suggested what you posted.

EVERYONE in Miami & the National Media said the Fins were going to Buffalo & WIN.

And most of the scores I saw posted, had the Fins winning by a large margin.

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 10:09 PM
You did. Buffalo almost caught the ball as the receiver was impaled.

It was just lots of 4 man rush getting to the QB, with no deep ball from you guys we also stacked 8. Screens, slants and **** to the flats are going to be tough. You needed something deep or down the seam.
That wasn't a screen. It was a dump off/check down...

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Well, nothing I read or heard before the game suggested what you posted.

EVERYONE in Miami & the National Media said the Fins were going to Buffalo & WIN.

And most of the scores I saw posted, had the Fins winning by a large margin.

Everyone knew the matchups. No one predicted the incompetence...

better days
12-22-2013, 10:17 PM

Why not? It was clear Miami was playing with an OL that was patchwork at best while the Bills were more healthy than they have been all year with the exception of EJ & Stevie being out.

But Thad beat the Fins in Miami. I was surprised nobody outside of Buffalo thought the Bills would win this game.

Hell, even some Bills fans on this board thought the Fins would win.

FinNasty23
12-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Why not? It was clear Miami was playing with an OL that was patchwork at best while the Bills were more healthy than they have been all year with the exception of EJ & Stevie being out.

But Thad beat the Fins in Miami. I was surprised nobody outside of Buffalo thought the Bills would win this game.

Hell, even some Bills fans on this board thought the Fins would win.
Take it up with the media and those posters...

This is what I said:

Division game on the road in the snow in December. We aren't "good to go" regarding anything...

WagonCircler
12-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Take it up with the media and those posters...

This is what I said:

Fin!!

What's up? Good to see you here.

Edward Robinson
12-23-2013, 03:55 AM

I agree with Fin 100% on this one. As well as the Bills played D today Miami made the bills look even better by not calling screens,draws, and rollouts. I also think the dolphins missed B .Gibson bigtime today to make the bills pay for blitzing the Nickel Corner N. Robey

Historian
12-23-2013, 04:30 AM
The Bills won because the game was blacked out, plain and simple, just as the Historian predicted.

And Kash and Karry has the best bakery of all of them. They have those german chocolate brownies with the coconut.

Mmm Mmmm good!

FinNasty23
12-23-2013, 05:51 AM
Fin!!

What's up? Good to see you here.
Hey bro! Ya, finally made the migration over here, lol...

You been good?

finfan34
12-23-2013, 06:00 AM

The hell are you talking about. I was responding to the poster who said we would go to the playoffs and crushed. All I'm saying is we have a weak division and anything can happen. Except for playing the broncos, we can't score enough to win.

losing a December game in buffalo is nothing new. Not sure if your trying to gain brownie points with your post or what

Historian
12-23-2013, 06:03 AM
I don't think this division is very weak anymore, Fin. I think it's a damn tough place to play.

The divisions where the leader is running away with it at 12-2 or better are the weak ones, IMO.

All four teams were vying for playoff spots as late as week 16, I think that's significant.

trapezeus
12-23-2013, 08:16 AM
bills weren't in the playoffs as of last week..which was week 15...but having watched this season, they were out when they got thrashed by Pitt.

it was fun to win that game, but it still showed that accuracy from the QB position remains a problem.

pmoon6
12-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Hmmm. I guess you missed the weather conditions yesterday. Very few QB's are accurate in that situation.

Of course, I will be labeled "Excuse maker" for daring to posit that observation.

WagonCircler
12-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey bro! Ya, finally made the migration over here, lol...

You been good?

MUCH better over here. No psycho Rick or psycho Lit/Michael.

gebobs
12-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Not really.

Back up QB.

No Stevie.

No Goodwin. No Aaron Williams.

better days
12-23-2013, 09:05 AM
The Bills won because the game was blacked out, plain and simple, just as the Historian predicted.

And Kash and Karry has the best bakery of all of them. They have those german chocolate brownies with the coconut.

Mmm Mmmm good!

Kash & Karry is out of business in this area.

They became Sweet Bay. Now Sweet Bay is going to be Winn Dixie.

I like the Publix bakery. The only place in Fla I can buy kimmelweck rolls.

And Publix has the best Sub Sandwiches in Fla.

I like Save A Lot for the CHEAP Mexican beef. $5.99/lb for a bone in Ribeye. about $20 for an entire tenderloin.

pmoon6
12-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Kash & Karry is out of business in this area.

They became Sweet Bay. Now Sweet Bay is going to be Winn Dixie.

I like the Publix bakery. The only place in Fla I can buy kimmelweck rolls.

And Publix has the best Sub Sandwiches in Fla.

I like Save A Lot for the CHEAP Mexican beef. $5.99/lb for a bone in Ribeye. about $20 for an entire tenderloin.Be careful with beef from Mexico, their standards of transportation are not great. Sometimes the meat goes unrefrigerated for hours.

better days
12-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Be careful with beef from Mexico, their standards of transportation are not great. Sometimes the meat goes unrefrigerated for hours.

I think it still has to pass USDA inspection.

I have been eating it for a couple years now with no problems.

justasportsfan
12-23-2013, 11:28 AM

Publix = Walmart

Famous Amos
12-23-2013, 12:03 PM

Tannehill had one good throw. Everything else looked like wounded ducks. The winfs must have really been swirling on the field. Their running backs didn't do dick all game. The front seven did a tremendous job. 7 sacks!

Famous Amos
12-23-2013, 12:06 PM

hahaha how about the fourth down call to go for it on their own 17 late in the game? What a joke! Miami couldn't do jack **** against our defense. They were completely dominated! None of us could believ that they went for it and it wa sa terrible play call too.

Downinfloflo
12-23-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm guessing that you mean scoring drives. BUF was 1 out of 4 in the red zone. That was the td from nine yards out - otherwise, 4 fgs...45, 22, 21, 26 yard attempts. Still, not a good day for the MIA defense, letting the opposition get close enough for 3 short-range fgs.

The fin fans have to be mad at the club - a lot on the line and they offer up such a stinker on both sides of the ball.

AFAIK, they will have to beat NYJ at home, and hope that BAL and SD lose. I've no idea what the tiebreakers for MIA are.

They feel the same way Bills fans felt when they were in that situation in Tampa...

sukie
12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
They feel the same way Bills fans felt when they were in that situation in Tampa...

If Miami loses to the Jets... The feeling will be like Buffalo losing to Pittsburgh's 3rd stringers.

better days
12-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Publix = Walmart

When it comes to service there is no comparison.

At Wally World NOBODY that works in that store knows where anything is or is any help at all.

At Publix they not only are helpful, but offer to take your cart to your car & unload it for you.

A good service for the ladies & old folks.

PhinsFan66
12-23-2013, 02:13 PM

Yeah but we will be in the playoffs after we knock off the Jets on Sunday and get a little help. :irule:

Skooby
12-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah but we will be in the playoffs after we knock off the Jets on Sunday and get a little help. :irule:

If you guys do make the playoffs, your O-line is going to get Tannehill killed.

SquishDaFish
12-23-2013, 03:36 PM

LMAO hahahahaha thanx needed that laugh

finfan34
12-23-2013, 03:42 PM

Like I said......you watch two games all year and you think you have fins figured out. Our oline has actually played well last few weeks. We won't see another dline like yours in the playoffs (provided we don't make it to the Super Bowl, which we won't)

HAMMER
12-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Time to beat it Phin Phans, see you next year.

FinNasty23
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Luckily no one in the league has a pass rush like yours...

pmoon6
12-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Luckily no one in the league has a pass rush like yours...Just when I get a full on hate, you say something like this.

Curses!!!!!

Skooby
12-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Luckily no one in the league has a pass rush like yours...

Thanks. I suggest your team practice lots of medium length screens just in case you see pressure like that again, can't leave Tannehill hung out to dry. I bet he's still in an ice tub right now.

FinNasty23
12-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks. I suggest your team practice lots of medium length screens just in case you see pressure like that again, can't leave Tannehill hung out to dry. I bet he's still in an ice tub right now.
What's a screen? We've never heard of that. Is that even legal?!?

Skooby
12-23-2013, 10:46 PM

It's protects my lanai from bugs down here but that's not important right now. Give me Ham on 5 & hold the Mayo.

JCBills
12-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Fred Jackson - 118 yards
Miami Dolphins - 103 yards

Observational post of the year.

JCBills
12-24-2013, 02:01 AM

You're going to have to deal with that nasty front for a long, long time.

FinNasty23
12-24-2013, 05:55 AM
You're going to have to deal with that nasty front for a long, long time.
Hopefully we won't have to deal with our pathetic OL for the same time period...

pmoon6
12-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Hopefully we won't have to deal with our pathetic OL for the same time period...Not polishing my knob, but I predicted Dolphins O-Line woes when they decided to let Jake Long walk. Combine that with the Incognito/Martin debacle and they ya go.

Jry44
12-24-2013, 06:16 AM
I haven't been to the Publix in Naples in a quite while. If they haven't remodeled I get that.

In Sarasota, the OLD Publix's are small & limited, but the newer stores are MUCH bigger with much more to offer. Like twice the size of the older Publix.

There are many Publix in Naples. And most of the employees do speak english. Reading English without corrective lenses on the other hand may be debatable however

better days
12-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Not polishing my knob, but I predicted Dolphins O-Line woes when they decided to let Jake Long walk. Combine that with the Incognito/Martin debacle and they ya go.

It doesn't look like either Martin or Incognito will ever play for the Fins again.

They have HOLES to fill on their OL.

The Fins will have to devote resources to improve that OL this offseason through the draft & or FA.

That means they will not get a player or two that could have helped them on defense or at a skill position on offense.

Jry44
12-24-2013, 06:23 AM

Ask Chan Gailey. It's all he knows.....

FinNasty23
12-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Not polishing my knob, but I predicted Dolphins O-Line woes when they decided to let Jake Long walk. Combine that with the Incognito/Martin debacle and they ya go.
Well, no one could have predicted the Martin/Richie fiasco going in. Ya, Jake was a loss (although the guy clearly is breaking down and can't stay healthy)... but who could predict his replacement would quit mid-season and then take another player with him?

I want everyone gone but Pouncey...

pmoon6
12-24-2013, 06:27 AM
It doesn't look like either Martin or Incognito will ever play for the Fins again.

The Fins will have to devote resources to improve that OL this offseason through the draft & or FA.

That means they will not get a player or two that could have helped them on defense or at a skill position on offense.Yes and to be fair, you can't blame Philbin or the organization (Save the decision to jettison Long in favor of guys like Wallace and Ellerbee) for what transpired. The Phins have done remarkably well considering.

Ouch...wait...I just gagged when I wrote that. Maybe an undigested piece of beef or the gastric complications of eating cheese.

FinNasty23
12-24-2013, 06:34 AM

That means they will not get a player or two that could have helped them on defense or at a skill position on offense.

I'm pretty comfortable with most of what you listed. Resign Grimes and maybe pickup a LB and I'm good on defense. On offense... all I really want is OL. I'm fine with our skill positions. Maybe a mid to late round RB.

Just fix the damn OL...

FinNasty23
12-24-2013, 06:38 AM
Yes and to be fair, you can't blame Philbin or the organization (Save the decision to jettison Long in favor of guys like Wallace and Ellerbee) for what transpired. The Phins have done remarkably well considering.

Ouch...wait...I just gagged when I wrote that. Maybe an undigested piece of beef or the gastric complications of eating cheese.

LOL!

About Jake Long though... I love the guy but he clearly just can't stay healthy. He went from a guy that you'd have to take an axe to his chest to get him to miss a play... to a dude that is just breaking down all over the place. Really is sad to see... but I can't say I'm disappointed that we didn't invest big money into him...

better days
12-24-2013, 06:49 AM
There are many Publix in Naples. And most of the employees do speak english. Reading English without corrective lenses on the other hand may be debatable however

Well, I used to live in Naples but that was a while ago.

I remember only the one Publix in Naples at that time.

And NOBODY spoke English except the manager. MANY that worked in that store couldn't even speak English as a second language.

No doubt more Stores have been built since then.

And with the economy in the crapper, it is not surprising people are now working at Publix that speak English.

As for reading English, my eyesight is GREAT. I do not need corrective lenses & can read the finest print.

Amazing at my age.

How about you?

pmoon6
12-24-2013, 06:52 AM
LOL!

About Jake Long though... I love the guy but he clearly just can't stay healthy. He went from a guy that you'd have to take an axe to his chest to get him to miss a play... to a dude that is just breaking down all over the place. Really is sad to see... but I can't say I'm disappointed that we didn't invest big money into him...I didn't know that and it is a shame that injuries take a toll on great players. I know guys that were a blown knee from making it to the Pros and had to settle driving a truck to make a living. That is the downside of collegiate sports, for every guy that makes it, there are 15 that don't. They ride high until that fateful play, but didn't prepare for the aftermath.

Skooby
12-24-2013, 09:48 AM
As for reading English, my eyesight is GREAT. I do not need corrective lenses & can read the finest print.

He was referring to the geriatric employees.

Skooby
12-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Yeah but we will be in the playoffs after we knock off the Jets on Sunday and get a little help. :irule:http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/2011/8/22/shutter-island.jpg

Mike13
12-24-2013, 01:19 PM
LOL!

About Jake Long though... I love the guy but he clearly just can't stay healthy. He went from a guy that you'd have to take an axe to his chest to get him to miss a play... to a dude that is just breaking down all over the place. Really is sad to see... but I can't say I'm disappointed that we didn't invest big money into him...

You have to place the blame on Tony Sparano for Jakes knee problems. Moron started him in a meaningless preseason and he screwed up his MCL.

stuckincincy
12-24-2013, 01:38 PM
You have to place the blame on Tony Sparano for Jakes knee problems. Moron started him in a meaningless preseason and he screwed up his MCL.

And OC Mike Sherman is a real peach. He says:

"Trailing by 10 points at halftime against the Buffalo Bills' 26th-ranked run defense and top-rated sack squad, the Miami Dolphins ran the ball a total of three times in the second half.

On Monday, offensive coordinator Mike Sherman stood by his decision to abandon the running game, which totaled 12 carries for 14 yards Sunday...."I just did not feel at any point that of those 12 carries our longest run was three yards," Sherman said, per The Miami Herald. "... A lack of productivity in the run game caused me to veer off into another direction."

The Dolphins' running game has struggled behind a bad offensive line for most of the season. Miami ranks 26th in rushing yards per game -- a stat that is slightly misleading as the team also is the third-lowest in terms of attempts per game. The Dolphins' 4.1 yards per attempt indicates they are more a middle-of-the-pack rushing team."...

I "watched" the game unfold on CBS' Gametracker. Sherman's play calls reached a Bob Bratkowski level of stupidity.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000303738/article/dolphins-oc-doesnt-regret-deserting-run-game-vs-bills

Jry44
12-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Well, I used to live in Naples but that was a while ago.

I remember only the one Publix in Naples at that time.

And NOBODY spoke English except the manager. MANY that worked in that store couldn't even speak English as a second language.

No doubt more Stores have been built since then.

And with the economy in the crapper, it is not surprising people are now working at Publix that speak English.

Amazing at my age.

How about you?

I wasn't talking about you needing corrective lenses. I was referring to the age of most Publix employees in Naples. ....

Skooby
12-24-2013, 04:04 PM
I wasn't talking about you needing corrective lenses. I was referring to the age of most Publix employees in Naples. ....

When they get out of work, it's a white-knuckle festival of Bumper cars. Braille method parking at Publix is what always gets your car all dinged up, it's like a right of passage. It also got chilly here, mid 70's today. Taking the good with the bad into perspective.

Jry44
12-25-2013, 05:56 AM
When they get out of work, it's a white-knuckle festival of Bumper cars. Braille method parking at Publix is what always gets your car all dinged up, it's like a right of passage. It also got chilly here, mid 70's today. Taking the good with the bad into perspective.

I worked down there for about 5 years and still do occasionally, so I know just what you mean. I work in Punta Gorda now, which is just as old if you can believe that.

better days
12-25-2013, 07:38 AM
I worked down there for about 5 years and still do occasionally, so I know just what you mean. I work in Punta Gorda now, which is just as old if you can believe that.

Well, Like I said. I love Publix.

Best grocery store in Fla.

Love the bakery & the best Subs in Fla.

Skooby
12-25-2013, 09:43 AM

Actually, the kids live in Punta Gorda & their Mom / Dad are down here.

better days
12-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Actually, the kids live in Punta Gorda & their Mom / Dad are down here.

And their Grandparents are up here in Venice.

Crisis
12-29-2013, 05:24 PM

Lol.

Night Train
12-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Way to put up 7 total points the last 2 weeks, when 1 win gets you in.

We're rebuilding. What's your excuse ?

Skooby
12-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Way to put up 7 total points the last 2 weeks, when 1 win gets you in.

We're rebuilding. What's your excuse ?

They're reThinking.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Like I said......you watch two games all year and you think you have fins figured out. Our oline has actually played well last few weeks. We won't see another dline like yours in the playoffs (provided we don't make it to the Super Bowl, which we won't)Still feeling good ?

Skooby
12-29-2013, 10:47 PM
http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/2011/8/22/shutter-island.jpg

Here's how the fins fans looked walking out of their home stadium today.

BleedinGreenNC
12-29-2013, 11:16 PM

You were saying Roman?