PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Thad Lewis

BillsImpossible
12-22-2013, 07:47 PM
At the very least, I think Lewis has locked up a roll as the Bills backup quarterback.

15/25 193 yards, 0 TD's, 1 pick and a win today - his second victory over the Fish this season.

Are the football gods trying to tell us something here?

A 60% completion percentage against a team that beat the Pats last week, had everything to play for at 8-6 and were fighting for a playoff birth. Not bad, not bad at all for the kid from Duke.

He has only played 5 professional football games, but he's just as good as EJ Manuel is. I don't think anyone on this board would say EJ is, "clearly the better quarterback." I don't even think anyone would say EJ Manuel, "clearly has more upside and potential."

Is Thad Lewis a better quarterback than EJ Manuel?

He's smarter, quicker and more decisive with his throws and it shows.

Does he read defenses faster and better than EJ Manuel? Does he make the right adjustments and have a better sense of when to run the ball?

Does Thad Lewis make better decisions?

I think he does. On the deep throw to Woods I saw on the news and watched online, Lewis stood in the pocket, took the big hit and delivered the ball on target. The guy can take a hit, he hangs in the pocket and doesn't get happy feet and try to spin away from every pass rusher.

On pass plays of 15 yards or more, which QB has the higher completion percentage?

As a percentage of their throws, which QB throws deeper down field more often?

Nobody has ever accused Thad Lewis of checking down too much, or called him, "Thad Edwards."

While listening to the game on the radio, it just sounded like Lewis had more of a command of this offense with less experience than EJ has.

Lewis spread the ball around today without Stevie Johnson, without Goodwin after he got hurt, and without Woods after he got ejected.

Who do you want to start next week vs. New England?

Scumbag College
12-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Thad definitely gets Marrone's offense. With EJ not in there, they don't have to call the game at all differently when Thad is in to play.

Luisito23
12-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Only reason EJ will start at QB next year is because of where he was drafted, but there's no doubt in my mind that Thad is the better QB.

Realistically though, they're both nothing but two mediocre backups.

EricStratton
12-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Lets not forget that Lewis has had the benefit of a few years in meetings, watching film and working out in the off-season with NFL teams.

YardRat
12-22-2013, 08:05 PM
I like the kid, he's got chutzpah.

stuckincincy
12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
A debate about the merits of Manual vs. Lewis seems pyrrhic.

Scumbag College
12-22-2013, 08:10 PM
A debate about the merits of Manual vs. Lewis seems pyrrhic.

Flutie vs. Rob Johnson 2.0

BillsImpossible
12-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Thad definitely gets Marrone's offense. With EJ not in there, they don't have to call the game at all differently when Thad is in to play.

Listening to an interview a few days ago on the John Murphy Show, Thad spoke about how during his first 4 games he wasn't allowed to do much but said this week he was given the entire playbook to work with.

Scumbag College
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Listening to an interview a few days ago on the John Murphy Show, Thad spoke about how during his first 4 games he wasn't allowed to do much but said this week he was given the entire playbook to work with.

I think that might be because Thad was so new with the team. He only came over to the Bills the week of the last preseason game...the coaching staff couldn't have time to coach up Thad while still working with a rookie EJ.

Mace
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Let them compete next camp. Maybe's are maybe's. He's sure good enough in my book to be a backup, spot starter.

Considering the position, I think he's done pretty well for a practice squad guy. Not well enough to call him anointed, but I'm happy enough he'll be there with us next year at the start. Seems tough enough, throws a good ball sometimes, not Trentative, commands the offense without fear whether or not it turns out well.

I like him so far. He's fun. I don't like him too much yet. 300 yards passing will make me love anyone.

WagonCircler
12-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Thad has the same accuracy problem as EJ, but at least he has a set of stones. He stretches the field with those long shots, even if he misses receivers by 15 yards.

He's definitely more entertaining.

Today's performance by the Defense really makes you wonder where the Bills would be right now if they haas an actual NFL QB on the roster.

Scumbag College
12-22-2013, 08:20 PM
I am really interested to see where Thad is in August after a full offseason with the Bills. I really enjoy watching him play and I think the Bills might have backed into a QB controversy.

BillsImpossible
12-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Lets not forget that Lewis has had the benefit of a few years in meetings, watching film and working out in the off-season with NFL teams.

Good point. Lewis may have fewer starts than EJ Manuel does, but he's been in the league since 2010 as an undrafted free agent.

Skooby
12-22-2013, 08:23 PM
There's no QB controversy, we still don't have a starter on the roster.

BillsImpossible
12-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Who's starting next week?

stuckincincy
12-22-2013, 08:30 PM

All 4 pages?

That's all you need when you are determined to run plays in under 20 seconds.

All season long.

RedEyE
12-22-2013, 08:43 PM
I like his tenacity and he seems to see the D and make the right reads. But then the ball leaves his hand and it floats 15 yards over the receivers head. His consistency is a concern. I've seen him drive 90 yards and not miss a throw and then in the very next series miss every damn receiver.

EJ has similar attributes.

The biggest issue I have with this team is consistentcy at the QB position. This could be a 12 win team with the right QB.

The good news is both QBs have yet to reach their ceiling. The future should be bright.

WagonCircler
12-22-2013, 08:46 PM
All 4 pages?

All season long.

I found it interesting that during the second to last FG drive, with about 6:00 left in the 4th quarter, the Bills were leaving 20 seconds on the clock with every play. Like they could run a play from a huddle and snap the ball with 2 seconds left on the play clock.

Thankfully, the D made sure it didn't matter.

Miami_Vice
12-22-2013, 08:48 PM
From an outsider's perspective, I was impressed with Thad Lewis (still can't believe that dude swept us though :()

He seems to not get rattled too bad and makes some solid moves out there.

BillsImpossible
12-22-2013, 08:56 PM
All 4 pages?

All season long.

The hurry up, no huddle attack never materialized with EJ Manuel calling the shots under center.

I've no idea if the Bills ran the same hurry up offense today, but it sure as hell sounded like it.

Nathaniel Hackett's offense and every offense in the NFL is predicated upon a quarterback that knows how to run it.

imbondz
12-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Thad handed the ball off amazingly today.

stuckincincy
12-22-2013, 09:24 PM
I found it interesting that during the second to last FG drive, with about 6:00 left in the 4th quarter, the Bills were leaving 20 seconds on the clock with every play. Like they could run a play from a huddle and snap the ball with 2 seconds left on the play clock.

Thankfully, the D made sure it didn't matter.

I have to admit, I never thought they would get away with the quick snap stuff for so long. I understand why they did it - it masks OL deficiencies. It certainly puts pressure on the defense, the lopsided TOP. But the Bills have been extremely lucky regarding injuries. I discount the ins and outs of Manual...a rookie. Other players have been banged up but came back. The only Bill of note on IR this season is Carrington - kicker Hopkins was adequately replaced by Carpenter - and Kolb, if he might have made a difference.

Which makes me worry. The other sign of the coin re injuries is that you get to see who on your bench can step up. And so I don't have much of an idea about the club's bench strength, and so also not much ideas about their latter round draft needs. I'm in the dark.

But my suspicion, based on ST performance, is that the bench is weak. Coaching certainly matters, but it's ultimately up to the players to perform. :2cents:

Bangarang
12-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Thad plays like a man who has nothing to lose. He slings it around and takes chances.

Kind of like Fitz.

He's a guy that I would trust to start for a few games but not for a full season.

Kind of like Fitz.

He's a capable backup and could probably help you win between 4-6 games a season.

Kind of like Fitz.

I am committed to EJ getting another year because that's what he deserves. If after next year he hasn't shown us that he is without a doubt a franchise QB then I'm confident Marrone will be able to pull the plug on the experiment and make changes.

JCBills
12-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Only reason EJ will start at QB next year is because of where he was drafted, but there's no doubt in my mind that Thad is the better QB.

Realistically though, they're both nothing but two mediocre backups.

How can you honestly write a dude off without even a full rookie season? Ever heard of development?

Meathead
12-22-2013, 10:04 PM
wow. exhibit a of the carried away fan following a win

hey i love me some thadiator. but lets be real, he did not win that game today, the defense and running game did. he made the same kinds of throws and the same kinds of mistakes that ej was making, albeit at perhaps a slightly superior level. but hes been in the league several years and thus has had the opportunity to improve his mental game whereas ej has not

right now the ceiling for ej is much higher overall. he had the better college career and of course was going to be drafted much much higher even if the bills didnt take him. hes also three inches taller and forty pounds heavier, which is a distinct physical advantage

the bills would be foolish to not give ej every opportunity to continue his development. by this time next season he is more likely than not to be greatly superior to what thad could ever bring. if not, im sure thad will get a legit opportunity to show hes the man, but for now it simply has to remain ejs team

better days
12-22-2013, 10:10 PM
I am really interested to see where Thad is in August after a full offseason with the Bills. I really enjoy watching him play and I think the Bills might have backed into a QB controversy.

I am really interested to see where EJ is in August after a full offseason.

EJ is a Rookie, Thad is in his 2nd year in the NFL. It does make a difference.

I'm not saying I don't like Thad, but I think EJ will be the better QB in the long run.

lightningbolt444
12-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Some of you guys are crazy. The defense played amazing today but lets not forget this defense has been up and down all year. NO WAY we are a 12 win team even with a good qb. We as a team are far to inconsistent.

Everyone points to EJ and Thad being inconsistent which they were however the entire team was every single player on this team I cannot point to one person and say they were consistent all season. The closest you can come is Jackson.

Thad will make a good backup but he is not a full time starter. The stat line you just posted is pretty bad and he really had nothing to do with winning the game today.

The whole team needs to improve over the offseason. We have a good start but we are not there yet. If EJ can play the way he does in the last 2 minutes of games or on the last drive of the game the entire game I think he will be a decent starter. That said I am all for some competition for him.

WagonCircler
12-22-2013, 11:03 PM
EJ will be the same as Thad. But EJ isn't as bold as Thad, therefore, EJ will be the same EJ we're seeing now. Maybe a little better, maybe a tiny bit more consistent, but still way too careful and way too undisciplined mechanically.

The Bills are starting to remind me of the Jets of the past 3 or 4 years. Talented, aggressive Defense, QBs that lead a team to nowhere.

But we have to give him a chance, right? It's part of the ritual. The conventional wisdom that always leads us back to where we started.

lightningbolt444
12-22-2013, 11:11 PM
EJ will be the same as Thad. But EJ isn't as bold as Thad, therefore, EJ will be the same EJ we're seeing now. Maybe a little better, maybe a tiny bit more consistent, but still way too careful and way too undisciplined mechanically.

The Bills are starting to remind me of the Jets of the past 3 or 4 years. Talented, aggressive Defense, QBs that lead a team to nowhere.

But we have to give him a chance, right? It's part of the ritual. The conventional wisdom that always leads us back to where we started.

I think everyone is also forgetting that when coming out EJ was a project EVERYONE knew and said that from the beginning. That is not to say you dont bring competition in to compete with him and throw Thad in that mix as well. But to just throw EJ away after not even a full season is failure. You have to try and develop the kid. Bring in someone to push him and if he does not pan out next season you cut bait.

I think some of EJ's problems was they did not let him open it up enough early. They told him to stay conservative dont make mistakes then when they let him go he stayed conservative which is mostly his fault and also the coaches fault. They should have let him unleash it right away. I also find that EJ is much better under center than out of the shotgun.

I would like to see them abandon this no huddle crap except for for certain situations. I think something can be said for huddling and calming everyone down by jsut slowing everything down.

Rookie qbs always have trouble with the speed of the NFL so what do the Bills do speed the game up even more for their rookie QB

WagonCircler
12-22-2013, 11:37 PM
I think everyone is also forgetting that when coming out EJ was a project EVERYONE knew and said that from the beginning. That is not to say you dont bring competition in to compete with him and throw Thad in that mix as well. But to just throw EJ away after not even a full season is failure. You have to try and develop the kid.

I don't think they didn't let him open it up. I think he's been checking out of the vertical stuff, just like Trent Edwards. Otherwise, it's unimaginable that they'd call more deep passes in one game for Thad than they have in three games for EJ.

I don't think we should cut EJ. But I also don't want to see another Kevin Kolb brought in.

QB is too important a position to gamble that EJ is not only going to turn into something we haven't really even seen a glimpse of, but that he's suddenly going to have knees made of iron.

I want to see the Bills draft a QB in the first round and have the two of them battle it out. If EJ's psyche is too fragile to handle that, then he's soft and will never amount to anything. But if he's up to the challenge, then maybe there's hope for him. But this whole "we have to give him a fair chance" business is a terrible plan.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Thad didn't win the game today, but crucially he didn't lose it either. With a defense playing as outrageously well as ours was, the quickest way to botch things would be with turnovers - and Thad protected the ball today. Only one sack and 1 pick? That's the kind of performance we needed in some of our other games to steal a few wins.

He was also much better at making the right reads with the option, which opened some holes for Freddy and Spiller.

All in all he's definitely earned the right to come back next year and compete. I still want another QB to duke it out with Manuel though.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2013, 06:11 AM
This would be a playoff team with a real QB all year.

Crisis
12-23-2013, 06:16 AM
Thad Lewis is a career backup at best. I like the guy and wouldn't mind him in that role but if you have a QB controversy with him involved you're not winning more than 6 games in a season.

sudzy
12-23-2013, 06:25 AM

More like Flutie/Johnson negative 2.0, because neither has 1/2 of Johnson's ability or a 1/4 of Flutie's knowledge of the game.

DraftBoy
12-23-2013, 06:29 AM
The thing I want to know is why the offense looks so different with Thad over Manuel.

Is it simply the same plays/scheme but Thad is more willing to chuck it up there? Or is it a more conservative approach with Manuel in general because he's raw and developing?

These are questions we'll likely never have answers to but its certainly concerning from a long-term point of view to see two QB's run what we think is the same offense so differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Also somebody else said it earlier but even when Thad started 1 for 7 (I think) but hit the big throw to Woods. His misses were down field showing the Phins he was willing to test them deep if they wanted to load the box. Those misses still brought about positives for the Bills.

sudzy
12-23-2013, 06:30 AM
This would be a playoff team with a real QB all year.

YES!! And remember that next year as they pass on a real QB in a draft that is going to have some good ones.

alohabillsfan
12-23-2013, 06:35 AM
If we only had a decent QB!!! I agree with previous poster I would draft another one and compete. Any of you that question that strategy are placing your full faith in an unproven EJ. It's the most important position on the field so keep drafting until one steps up.

DraftBoy
12-23-2013, 06:37 AM
If we only had a decent QB!!! I agree with previous poster I would draft another one and compete. Any of you that question that strategy are placing your full faith in an unproven EJ. It's the most important position on the field so keep drafting until one steps up.

I have no issue drafting QB's annually, but you can't keep taking them at the top end of the draft. QB's need live reps to develop. You end up with four 1st-3rd round picks on the roster how can you ever expect them to develop into NFL guys?

RedEyE
12-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Some of you guys are crazy. The defense played amazing today but lets not forget this defense has been up and down all year. NO WAY we are a 12 win team even with a good qb. We as a team are far to inconsistent.

Everyone points to EJ and Thad being inconsistent which they were however the entire team was every single player on this team I cannot point to one person and say they were consistent all season. The closest you can come is Jackson.

Thad will make a good backup but he is not a full time starter. The stat line you just posted is pretty bad and he really had nothing to do with winning the game today.

The whole team needs to improve over the offseason. We have a good start but we are not there yet. If EJ can play the way he does in the last 2 minutes of games or on the last drive of the game the entire game I think he will be a decent starter. That said I am all for some competition for him.

If this offense can sustain longer drives that end in points by it will only make the defense better. That starts and finishes at the QB. The running game has been pretty much spot on this year, but even that can only get better with consistency from the passing game. I think the STs has been sub par but they've made corrections to the best of their abilities during the season. While the STs can definitely get better, it has improved on it's coverages lessening the return averages. Punting returns and a better punter could certainly help.

There are 5 games that I believe the Bills could have won this year with a better performance from the QB:

NE: Granted the defense failed to stop Brady and company when needed most, but this is not exactly an unusual situation for the Patriots. Now had the offense prolonged their last drive and chewed up the clock, then another Brady miracle is that more difficult to materialize. 5:00 minutes left in the game, the Bills up by 1 and the offense goes 3 and out. Manuel played a hell of game for having missed most of preseason and starting the season and his career against the Pats, but that last no drive was a killer.

Browns: I place blame on the STs for this one, mostly. But even after the poor ST play from the Bills they were still in this to win it. Tuel showed his inexperience and his ass and this game wrongly goes to Cleveland.

Bengals: OT. Probably Lewis's best game, in my opinion. 2 TD passes in the 4th to get them back into this game. The defense held the Bengals to 5 straight punts. The 5th punt coming in after the Bengals win the coin toss and come up empty handed with a 40 yard drive. What does the Bills offense do? 3 and out and only 4 yards. again, Thad is young and played a great game for someone that hadn't seen a lot of time with the team. The wide throw to Hogan on the 3rd down play ends the drive and gives the Bengals great field position.

Chiefs: The Bills were the better team on the field and man-handled this undefeated team all game. Tuel gift wrapped this one for Andy Reid.

Falcons: This game has so many issues. I'm first disturbed by the fact the Falcons are playing in a dome in a Bills home game in December. And the collection of support in Toronto is putrid. But the Bills had this game in the bag. Up 17-7 (thanks mostly to the defense) in the second, the offense then suddenly becomes non-existent. EJ's throwing becomes erratic and they can't get the running game open again until late into the 3rd. The defense is a sacking machine. Not sure what happened to the run stop during this game but the offense provided little support to contain the lead. But give credit where credit is due. EJ fired two passes (one at the end of the 4th and one in OT) that could have sealed that game for the Bills. But the spit and sputtering in the 2nd and 3rd should never had made this game that close. Had the offense put together just one more scoring drive then the results would have leaned heavily in favor of the Bills. Fumbilits, defense drained at the end and the lack of passing game when needed most ultimately ends in a Bills loss.

better days
12-23-2013, 08:00 AM
YES!! And remember that next year as they pass on a real QB in a draft that is going to have some good ones.

It remains to be seen if any of the QB's in this draft are real QB's.

So far I am unimpressed by the lot of them.

Manziel I think will be a bust because he is too immature. After his big payday, I question how much effort he will put into becoming an NFL QB.

trapezeus
12-23-2013, 08:05 AM
i think the EJ and Thad are very close in skill set at this time.

I think Thad is more accurate when throwing to receivers.

I think thad throws when the WR isnt open.

That being said, to have Thad and EJ be our QB solutions next year isn't good. EJ needs pressure from a much better qb from either another high draft qb or from a FA. routinely we pick ONE guy in a position and say, "ok, that should do." instead of putting competitive pressure on him to step up.

I think Thad has earned a spot to be the number 3 guy. but the two of them aren't playing like playoff qbs and that's what we all want.

sukie
12-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Thad has the same accuracy problem as EJ, but at least he has a set of stones. He stretches the field with those long shots, even if he misses receivers by 15 yards.

Today's performance by the Defense really makes you wonder where the Bills would be right now if they haas an actual NFL QB on the roster.

How about where they would be with a real TE threat and a star receiver anchoring the wideout corps.

superbills
12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Let's not forget that the Flutie vs Johnson era was the last time this team was in the playoffs. If that is the net result of this supposed "QB controversy" then sign me up!

Historian
12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
The thing I want to know is why the offense looks so different with Thad over Manuel.

No Stevie Johnson to louse things up....

:couch:

Night Train
12-23-2013, 09:15 AM
He's confident and makes quicker decisions than Manuel. Runs the read option well. But is still wildly erratic with many of his throws. ( like Manuel )

Let them go to camp with another Vet pickup and battle it out.

Mr. Pink
12-23-2013, 09:51 AM

Thad throws downfield which opens up things for the running game.

The running game has been better in every game that EJ hasn't started vs the ones he has.

Bill Cody
12-23-2013, 09:58 AM
The experts on this site that "know" what Manuel's ceiling is make me laugh. The light may eventually turn on for EJ or it may not. I'll be interested to see if he makes progress next camp.

HAMMER
12-23-2013, 10:03 AM
I like his tenacity and he seems to see the D and make the right reads. But then the ball leaves his hand and it floats 15 yards over the receivers head. His consistency is a concern. I've seen him drive 90 yards and not miss a throw and then in the very next series miss every damn receiver.

EJ has similar attributes.

The biggest issue I have with this team is consistentcy at the QB position. This could be a 12 win team with the right QB.

The good news is both QBs have yet to reach their ceiling. The future should be bright.

12 win team? OK buddy, maybe you missed our vaunted defenses' play the first 2/3 of the season?

alohabillsfan
12-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes, a guys with almost 900 pass attempts at a major college football program Running a pro style offense needs time to work on mechanics, reading defenses and making accurate throws! Lmao! See what happens to fsu when he leaves?

starrymessenger
12-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Right now Thad looks like a better backup QB than EJ.

justasportsfan
12-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Thad is nothing more than a back-up. You have EJ's performance making Thad look better than he really is.

Lone Stranger
12-23-2013, 11:26 AM
There's no QB controversy, we still don't have a starter on the roster.

That's the way I see it, as well.

MikeNC
12-23-2013, 11:31 AM
I think the team as a whole responded better with Lewis...

Famous Amos
12-23-2013, 12:24 PM

Yeah he missed a few guys going long by over throwing the ball and I have zero problems with that. What I do have problems with is our first round QB under throwing guys or waiting for them to get open before throwing it.

WagonCircler
12-23-2013, 12:38 PM
How about where they would be with a real TE threat and a star receiver anchoring the wideout corps.

Well, if were sat those two in the first row with the fans, then EJ might have been able to hit them.

Albany,n.y.
12-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Well, if were sat those two in the first row with the fans, then EJ might have been able to hit them.

Simple solution: Sign Elvis & the chefs.

WagonCircler
12-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Simple solution: Sign Elvis & the chefs.

Hahaha. Awesome.

The Jokeman
12-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Right now Thad looks like a better backup QB than EJ.

Let's talk about EJ after he's been in the NFL for three NFL seasons. As let's not forget even though Thad's relatively unknown he's been in the NFL since 2010. To me he looks like a decent backup that can definitely start in a pinch and do what it takes to win which you want in a backup but think if over exposed is a liability.

jdaltroy5
12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
If Manuel put up those stats with the defense pitching a shut out, everyone would be complaining.

I like Thad and I'd like to keep him in the mix for next year.

I'd also like to add another vet QB and make them all compete to be the starter.

Mr. Pink
12-23-2013, 02:26 PM
If Manuel put up those stats with the defense pitching a shut out, everyone would be complaining.

I'd also like to add another vet QB and make them all compete to be the starter.

No they wouldn't. People would be happy to see him actual take shots downfield.

The only game where I wasn't completely unimpressed with Manuel was the second game vs the Jets because he grew some balls to take shots.

The Jokeman
12-23-2013, 02:34 PM

Got a name? He's a list of guys we could pursue, personally I think it's an ugly list:

Jay Cutler Bears
Michael Vick Eagles
Chad Henne Jaguars
Josh Freeman Vikings
Shaun Hill Lions $2,750,000
Charlie Whitehurst Chargers
Rex Grossman Redskins
Dan Orlovsky Buccaneers
Kellen Clemens Rams
Luke McCown Saints
Derek Anderson Panthers
Tarvaris Jackson Seahawks
Seneca Wallace Packers
Jimmy Clausen Panthers
Trent Edwards Bears
Matt Flynn Packers
Brady Quinn Rams
Jordan Palmer Bears
Colt McCoy 49ers
Rusty Smith Titans
Curtis Painter Giants
Joe Webb Vikings

List courtesy of http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=QB&Year=2014

jdaltroy5
12-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Got a name? He's a list of guys we could pursue, personally I think it's an ugly list:

Jay Cutler Bears
Michael Vick Eagles
Chad Henne Jaguars
Josh Freeman Vikings
Shaun Hill Lions $2,750,000
Charlie Whitehurst Chargers
Rex Grossman Redskins
Dan Orlovsky Buccaneers
Kellen Clemens Rams
Luke McCown Saints
Derek Anderson Panthers
Tarvaris Jackson Seahawks
Seneca Wallace Packers
Jimmy Clausen Panthers
Trent Edwards Bears
Matt Flynn Packers
Brady Quinn Rams
Jordan Palmer Bears
Colt McCoy 49ers
Rusty Smith Titans
Curtis Painter Giants
Joe Webb Vikings

List courtesy of http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=QB&Year=2014

Yeesh...I hadn't really looked.

Here's to hoping that a team cuts their franchise QB and he wants to play for Buffalo.

I wonder how much Cutler will demand. I know he's played pretty lousy lately, but that might actually drop him into our price range.

I honestly have no idea what he's going to command in FA.

The Jokeman
12-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeesh...I hadn't really looked.

Here's to hoping that a team cuts their franchise QB and he wants to play for Buffalo.

I wonder how much Cutler will demand. I know he's played pretty lousy lately, but that might actually drop him into our price range.

I honestly have no idea what he's going to command in FA.
Cutler will be looking for the biggest deal and best chance to start. I can't see that being here. If Chicago elects to pass could see him landing with the Jets, Oakland or if he feels really spiteful the Vikings before he'd consider here.

jdaltroy5
12-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Cutler will be looking for the biggest deal and best chance to start. I can't see that being here. If Chicago elects to pass could see him landing with the Jets, Oakland or if he feels really spiteful the Vikings before he'd consider here.What do you think he's looking for in terms of $$$?

I honestly don't think he's worth anything more than 10 mil, but I could see him getting much more than that just because the market is so bare.