What do you think about Spiller's future in Buffalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

What do you think about Spiller's future in Buffalo?

Can you say Spiller is your #1 RB?

I think we are finding out what Saints were finding out about Reggie Bush. Marrone was in New Olean then. I think he should see the light.

To me, Spiller is a change pace guy, not THE guy you count on on any downs. I'd not be surprised if he's traded this off-season if the right deal presents itself.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: What do you think about Spiller's future in Buffalo?

Jackson makes Spiller better in my opinion. The change-up between the two is difficult to contend. While I feel like he seems to be getting "it", I also feel like he should have had it quite a long time ago. I question his downfield toughness. Seems to run out of bounds rather than driving for that extra yard. But man, his explosiveness is insurmountable. I love watching him burn downfield. Loved him in Gaileys passing offense.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

He's been a change of pace guy for the majority of the year.

Comment

• DBrown77
        Watching the Bills suck since 1999
        • Mar 2005

I think they pick up his 5th year option. He has had a down year, but is too explosive of a player.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

He needs to be used in a Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush type of role.

He's not a guy who can be expected to carry the ball 20+ times a game.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

He's been playing hurt & we drafted him real early.

Comment

• Bangarang
              • Sep 2010

I don't think Spiller is the kind of RB Marrone prefers honestly.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

He's too small and small running backs have a very short shelf life in the NFL.

If this was 1983, he'd be an elite running back. He's not big enough to take 16 weeks of ground and pound.

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

love Spiller even tho he had a somewhat down year. Every time he touches the ball I think he could break through, and I love the extra yards he gets on screens/catches. I'd be bummed if we let him go. he's definitely a piece of the rebuilding
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Well, I would like to see Fred & CJ split the carries for the next 3 or 4 years as they have been.

Fred shows no sign of slowing down & Ej has been injured this year & should bounce back when healthy.

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

It's a case of 1+1=3 They both make each other better.

Honestly as good as Fred is (I've been among his biggest supporters here), I think his roll would be easier to fill. College is full of big productive backs that are "too slow" for the NFL. Spending a midround pick on a guy that knows how to block, catch and run inside (but can't break a long run or turn the corner) would be a good use of a draft pick. Not that anyone could be Fred, but there are a lot of RBs that can be successful splitting time with CJ.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

I don't particularly see we've ever figured out how to use Spiller. Someone will.

It's not real hard to find running backs though either.

I'm pretty apathetic about him atm. His futile bounces outside get on my last nerve, and I don't understand why a fast guy can't sprint through a hole like the slower guy can, because you also know it's not like the slower guy isn't trying to tell him how to do it. He just seems real determined to either run sideways on most plays or run up a linemans back instead of at what might be a hole.

They don't split him out wide enough with that speed, I never understand what seems so complex about linebacker mismatches if you throw enough fast people out wide and have them running in different directions though either.

I'm still not sure after this time what to make of Spiller or who to blame for his dazzling ability to only dazzle once in a rare while, but I think some of it has to be on him too.

If they have money and a clue, take the option, if not, get another running back.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

He's a committee back, and I'm not even convinced he should be the lead back in that committee. If we took him in the third or fourth round, I think we'd be golden but as a Top 10 pick I think he's going to demand too much for a second deal.

And he makes a lot of stupid mistakes for a fourth year back. Running out of bounds right before the half is an inexcusable mental lapse.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• ICRockets
                            Childish Fake Voter
                            • Jul 2008

We won today because of our running game. But hey, let's blow it all up because **** it, that's why.

I feel like I get stupider reading half these piece of **** threads in this forum.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

I think the injury this year could serve as a great excuse for this season in the context of a trade.

Fred deserves to be the feature back. He's just better than CJ.

I'd love to see the Bills turn CJ into a high draft pick and grab a Linebacker or a big WR.... or a Quarterback.

Comment

Working...
                              X