PDA

View Full Version : Next weeks Game Flexed to 4:25 by NFL

whkfc
12-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Guess we get some national exposure.

BillsImpossible
12-22-2013, 09:09 PM
What do the Patriots have to play for? Home field advantage? A first round bye?

Anyone know?

Mr. Pink
12-22-2013, 09:10 PM

Anyone know?

First round bye.

Skooby
12-22-2013, 09:11 PM

Anyone know?

They could fall out of their 2nd seed spot.

imbondz
12-22-2013, 09:16 PM
With a NE win, and a Bronco loss, the SB goes through New England. @#$%@#$^@#%^@#$$!@#$

can't even deal that that's still on the table.

Mr. Pink
12-22-2013, 09:19 PM
With a NE win, and a Bronco loss, the SB goes through New England. @#$%@#$^@#%^@#$$!@#$

can't even deal that that's still on the table.

Broncos shouldn't have to worry about losing to the Raiders though.

imbondz
12-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Anything can happen. I'm not feeling good about any of it.

SquishDaFish
12-22-2013, 09:43 PM
They playing for 2nd seed

imbondz
12-22-2013, 09:52 PM
They playing for 2nd seed

well, unless the Broncos lose, and NE beats us. Then they're getting the #1 seed. So no, they're playing for the #1 seed.

imbondz
12-22-2013, 10:29 PM
by the way, we didn't kick Miami out of the playoffs. they actually have a good chance of still getting in.

Next week New England could get the #1 seed, and Miami could make the playoffs, and us losing playing a huge role in it all.

Albany,n.y.
12-22-2013, 11:57 PM
I love it. Odds of the game being on home TV in Albany went from 0% to about 99%. I'm sure there are a lot of Bills fans on the east coast who will get the game when they wouldn't have if it stayed at 1:00.

Meathead
12-23-2013, 02:46 AM
do we know if the ravens are still alive? they play at cincy next wk and it would be great if they had no chance even with a win bc they are likely to be emotionally spent the wk after seeing their title defense hopes crash and burn. then cincy should have an ez win, leaving the bills in the position to knock the filthy cheaters out of their bye

DraftBoy
12-23-2013, 06:40 AM
do we know if the ravens are still alive? they play at cincy next wk and it would be great if they had no chance even with a win bc they are likely to be emotionally spent the wk after seeing their title defense hopes crash and burn. then cincy should have an ez win, leaving the bills in the position to knock the filthy cheaters out of their bye

They are still alive.

There is the potential for a 6 team tie for the final AFC Wildcard spot next weekend.

pmoon6
12-23-2013, 07:21 AM
by the way, we didn't kick Miami out of the playoffs. they actually have a good chance of still getting in.

Next week New England could get the #1 seed, and Miami could make the playoffs, and us losing playing a huge role in it all.We probably won't beat the Patriots in Foxboro, but I think the Jets will win in Miami. The players are fighting for Ryan's job and what we did to Miami defensively won't be lost on Rexy. The Jets also have the players to do it. Miami's confidence has to also be somewhat shaken because we beat them like a red headed stepchild.

Albany,n.y.
12-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Although I'm happy about it this time because I plan on staying home, I remember in 2006 when I wasn't so happy about getting flexed to the late afternoon. I went to Baltimore to see the Bills play the season finale and made my flight plans well in advance. They flexed the game to 4:00 from 1:00 and I had to leave the stadium in the middle of the 4th quarter to make sure I could catch my flight. For anyone with a flight out of town the day of the game, flexing can really screw up your travel plans.

trapezeus
12-23-2013, 08:09 AM
awesome because the bills vs pats in primetime has gone so well in recent history.

if the bills do win, it will actually give me warm and fuzzy feelings about next year. and start Thad.

better days
12-23-2013, 08:11 AM
awesome because the bills vs pats in primetime has gone so well in recent history.

if the bills do win, it will actually give me warm and fuzzy feelings about next year. and start Thad.

Marrone has said, EJ will be the QB in the Pats* game.

trapezeus
12-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Marrone has said, EJ will be the QB in the Pats* game.

awesome. bills always play the pats close in the first game and get whooped in the second one. i expect this game to be over by the middle of the 2nd.

better days
12-23-2013, 08:45 AM
awesome. bills always play the pats close in the first game and get whooped in the second one. i expect this game to be over by the middle of the 2nd.

Well, that is the way it has gone in the past.

better days ahead.

Mahdi
12-23-2013, 08:56 AM
The game was flexed because the Broncos play at 4:25 against the Raiders. They want to make sure Brady and Manning play every minute of the regular season schedule.

HAMMER
12-23-2013, 10:06 AM

4:25 is not primetime.

alohabillsfan
12-23-2013, 10:50 AM
It's a conspiracy to give the last more time to prepare (lol),

And thanks Marrone for throwing in the towel before the game even starts by starting EJ.

RedEyE
12-23-2013, 10:55 AM
I hate 4pm games.

ublinkwescore
12-23-2013, 11:17 AM
If ej wamts to instill confidence, he has to take shots Downfield AND CONNECT!

HAMMER
12-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Brady is a Lady, Bills win.

justasportsfan
12-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Guess we get some national exposure.

this is not good. Everyone will see the bills do to Brady and co. what they did to Tanny and the fins which might give Pettine a few calls from teams for a HC job. Including the jets.

trapezeus
12-23-2013, 11:30 AM
thanks hammer. i simply meant it from a more exposure point of view. 1pm games tend to veyr regionalized. the 4pm games have more coverage. and that usually means a big old L for the bills

TacklingDummy
12-23-2013, 11:58 AM
If the Bengals lose at 1, the Patriots will be smart and lose at 4 frigging up the Bills draft position even more.

Belichick is that smart.

HAMMER
12-23-2013, 12:24 PM
thanks hammer. i simply meant it from a more exposure point of view. 1pm games tend to veyr regionalized. the 4pm games have more coverage. and that usually means a big old L for the bills

You're such a ray of sunshine. Cheer up.

better days
12-23-2013, 01:46 PM
this is not good. Everyone will see the bills do to Brady and co. what they did to Tanny and the fins which might give Pettine a few calls from teams for a HC job. Including the jets.

Well, maybe we can hire Rex as DC.

better days
12-23-2013, 01:47 PM
I hate 4pm games.

I guess I will have to fire up the grill before the game rather than after.

BillsFever21
12-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Well that sucks. Next Sunday is my weekend to work and will miss the game now. That freaking figures.

bleve
12-23-2013, 09:59 PM
When I first saw the title, I read; "next weeks game fixed by the NFL.."

And I thought... so? what else is new?

IlluminatusUIUC
12-27-2013, 12:28 PM
If the Bengals lose at 1, the Patriots will be smart and lose at 4 frigging up the Bills draft position even more.

Belichick is that smart.

Not when they have a chance of hosting the AFC Championship Game.

stuckincincy
12-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Not when they have a chance of hosting the AFC Championship Game.

Yep. A win = 1st round bye. If somehow, DEN loses to OAK and NE and DEN advance to the championship game, NE gets the champ game because the rules invoke the wild card tie-breaking procedure, in this case conf. records. NE with a win is 9-3, DEN would be 8-4.

If CIN wins, NE is going to go b*lls to the wall.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Yep. A win = 1st round bye. If somehow, DEN loses to OAK and NE and DEN advance to the championship game, NE gets the champ game because the rules invoke the wild card tie-breaking procedure, in this case conf. records. NE with a win is 9-3, DEN would be 8-4.

If CIN wins, NE is going to go b*lls to the wall.

If New England wins and Denver loses, NE gets home field advantage because they beat Denver in week 12. Head to Head always trumps in a 2 team tie.

In any event, if Cincy loses and Denver jumps all over Oakland early, then New England might let off with nothing left to play for. OTOH, I could easily imaging Belichick trying to withhold that info from his team for that exact reason.

stuckincincy
12-27-2013, 01:34 PM
If New England wins and Denver loses, NE gets home field advantage because they beat Denver in week 12. Head to Head always trumps in a 2 team tie.

In any event, if Cincy loses and Denver jumps all over Oakland early, then New England might let off with nothing left to play for. OTOH, I could easily imaging Belichick trying to withhold that info from his team for that exact reason.

Ah, yes - missed it that NE beat DEN. :headslap:

CIN's injury woes continue - TE's Eifert and Gresham aren't practicing. Their ST defense has been past abysmal last two games. I'd advise the bettors to take BAL and the points. At the very least, because of Head-Coach-For-Life Marvin Lewis' history of coming up small when the game is big.