PDA

View Full Version : Bills Defense - the foundation of this team.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-23-2013, 11:57 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the quickest way for the Bills to be respectable is the way Ryan and the Jets have taken: Play defense and run the ball. With Sanchez at the helm, they used that formula to AFC championship games.

The Bills D made a big improvement to middle of the pack this season. They proved to be inconsistent this year: in a high risk, high reward system, they sufferred too much from the risk side. However, it is a sfae bet that they can be better next year, much better odds than EJ rising up to play at a level we all hope.

They have stars that still have a few years peak performance left (Mario, Kyle, Jarius), up-coming players like Marcell, Kiko, Aaron, Gilmore, Robey, and solid role players like McKelvin, Hughes etc. One more year at the same system so that everyone is comfortable with when to take the risk, when to play it safe; and one more mean SOB MLB who can standup to O-Lineman (it's a difficult task to find this guy I admit), we'll be able to see a lot more performances like yesterday. You can afford to have EJ play conservative with that kind of defense to win games consistently.

Night Train
12-23-2013, 12:02 PM
The are NOT good against the run..and that is still job 1. Why teams abandon the run vs. the Bills is beyond me.

I love the sacks, blitzes, pressures as much as anyone but they need to tighten up in the middle.

DraftBoy
12-23-2013, 12:12 PM
The are NOT good against the run..and that is still job 1. Why teams abandon the run vs. the Bills is beyond me.

I love the sacks, blitzes, pressures as much as anyone but they need to tighten up in the middle.

Need to add 1-2 more LB's.

Kiko is a big play guy but he still gets caught taking bad angles and can get washed out too easily for me. Lawson and Hughes are pass down guys only with their coverage and rush ability.

You add a stuffer and the D is much improved v the run.