PDA

View Full Version : Manuel Now A Maybe For Pats

Night Train
12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/5764/marrone-less-confident-on-ej-manuel

DynaPaul
12-23-2013, 05:03 PM
as if it matters at this point.

RedEyE
12-23-2013, 05:33 PM
You have to wonder is Marrone making NE prep for both Thad an EJ. They certainly are similar but they also do things a bit differently as well.

I'm impartial at this point. Both of these QBs intrigue me. I want to see either of them just bust out of the gates against the Pats seperating themselves in the competition that seems to be steadily evolving.

Still, I hope EJ is the guy. He has been my choice since before the draft. And his performance against NE in week 1 wasn't disappointing.

Bill Cody
12-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope EJ is healthy enough to play. This is a game NE needs. It's a great learning opportunity for EJ

Skooby
12-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Send him out there & show Brady up.

OpIv37
12-23-2013, 08:38 PM
EJ needs this game. Pats still have something to play for and it's in their house. Hopefully someday soon we will be in a position where it matters for us too, and he needs to know what the hostile environment feels like.

alohabillsfan
12-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Roflmao, yes Marrone is ensuring belichek has to prep for a so-so first round or an undrafted QB, classic post! I'm sure belichek is waking in the middle of the night in cold sweats wondering how to stop these two, can you blame him :)

Skooby
12-23-2013, 10:44 PM
We're #1 in sacks so prepare for quick outs & screens by the gross.

RedEyE
12-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Rofflmao yes Marrone is ensuring belichek has to prep for a so-so first round or an undrafted QB, classic post! I'm sure belichek is waking in the middle of the night in cold sweats wondering how to stop these two, can you blame him :)
Last time I checked good teams, good coaches and players study film - do they not? Regardless the level of talent from the player in question, the opposing team still has to put in the work. Not revealing the starter forces the Pats to look at twice the film.

So instead of just being a full flegded D I C K, perhaps next time you could consider the legitimacy of the comment.

stuckincincy
12-24-2013, 03:04 PM
This is out of character for Marrone. Through most of the season, he's pretty much let the cat out of the bag re who his qb starter would be.

chris66
12-25-2013, 07:48 PM
This is out of character for Marrone. Through most of the season, he's pretty much let the cat out of the bag re who his qb starter would be.thats because he is backtracking on his 110% comment. I doubt EJ plays at all. No sense risking injury for a meaningless game

DraftBoy
12-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Roflmao, yes Marrone is ensuring belichek has to prep for a so-so first round or an undrafted QB, classic post! I'm sure belichek is waking in the middle of the night in cold sweats wondering how to stop these two, can you blame him :)

I can guarantee you he's forced to break down film on both QB's. Worried about stopping them is one thing, but there is no way a control freak like Belicheck would be able to just not watch tape on both.

YardRat
12-25-2013, 08:01 PM
We're #1 in sacks so prepare for quick outs & screens by the gross.

I fear the opposite...I think NE is going to try to run the ball down our defense's throat all day long.

better days
12-25-2013, 08:50 PM
I fear the opposite...I think NE is going to try to run the ball down our defense's throat all day long.

And hopefully the Bills play the run as well as they did against the Fins.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Bills don't have a chance to win if Manuel starts.

RedEyE
12-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Bills don't have a chance to win if Manuel starts.

Interesting comment. How exactly do the chances increase with Thad behind center?

EJ:

<tbody>
Year
Team
G
GS
Att
Comp
Pct
Yds
YPA
Lg
TD
Int
Tkld
20+
40+
Rate

Buffalo Bills
/ 10
/10 /
306 /
180/
/1972/
/45
/11/
/28-159/
28/
4/

</tbody>

Thad:

<tbody>
Year
/Team/
G
/GS/
Att
/Comp/
Pct
/Yds/
YPA
/Lg
/TD
/Int/
Tkld
/20+/
40+/
Rate

</tbody>

<tbody>
2013/
Buffalo Bills/
/4/
128/
77/
60.2/
845/
6.60/
57/
3/
/14-77/
10/
/77.8

</tbody>

pmoon6
12-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Roflmao, yes Marrone is ensuring belichek has to prep for a so-so first round or an undrafted QB, classic post! I'm sure belichek is waking in the middle of the night in cold sweats wondering how to stop these two, can you blame him :)This from Belichick's own lips when he had a camera crew following him around one season. "We need to really prepare this week, Buffalo always plays us tough"

Considering it took a last minute drive and a last second field goal to beat us the first game, I'm sure that BB has his concerns. Especially when he sees the tape from last week when we killed Tannehill.

trapezeus
12-26-2013, 11:46 AM
pats always play the bills close in the first game and thrash us in the second.

the pats pay us lip service so that they can't be seen as bigger dicks than they already are. false modesty.

i would love for there to be a game where we kill them in NE, but i don't think it's this year. and frankly i would like to do it with more on the line.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2013, 11:51 AM
BB talks up every one!

His team can go out and win 56-10 and he'll down play his own team's efforts and talk up someone on the opposition.

JohnnyGold
12-26-2013, 02:27 PM
I've been giving this a lot of thought this week.

All season, since the draft, I've given my unwavering support to EJ. I thought he should be given a full 3 years on the job to prove that he isn't the man. But if he doesn't play this week against New England? I think the Bills should think long and hard about going QB in round 1 of the draft.

3 injuries to his knees that caused him to miss games in one season? That's RIDICULOUS. I can't even recall the last player on any time to miss time on 3 separate occasions. He might not have an injury "history", prior to this year, but guess what--now he's injury prone.

Are you telling me we're supposed to build our team around a "mobile" quarterback, who can't play half the games every season? This sounds like Mike Vick all over again. There's a reason "pocket passers" win the Super Bowl every year. Scary to think where this team would have been if they had signed Alex Smith this offseason.

Manuel for Cutler, straight up. I'd do it in a heart beat.

stuckincincy
12-26-2013, 02:38 PM
When big folks at speed repeatedly hit your knee, you aren't injury-prone. You are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Stop whining - this team is probably the least injured across the league. What if they lost 5 starters for the season like CIN or 3 like NE, GB losing Rogers etc. BUF lost the services of a rookie QB that they successfully traded down to get. A guard and a CB for a couple of games. Peanuts.

trapezeus
12-26-2013, 02:43 PM
I've been giving this a lot of thought this week.

All season, since the draft, I've given my unwavering support to EJ. I thought he should be given a full 3 years on the job to prove that he isn't the man. But if he doesn't play this week against New England? I think the Bills should think long and hard about going QB in round 1 of the draft.

3 injuries to his knees that caused him to miss games in one season? That's RIDICULOUS. I can't even recall the last player on any time to miss time on 3 separate occasions. He might not have an injury "history", prior to this year, but guess what--now he's injury prone.

Are you telling me we're supposed to build our team around a "mobile" quarterback, who can't play half the games every season? This sounds like Mike Vick all over again. There's a reason "pocket passers" win the Super Bowl every year. Scary to think where this team would have been if they had signed Alex Smith this offseason.

Manuel for Cutler, straight up. I'd do it in a heart beat.

agreed with most until you said get cutler.

i just think the bills need to draft QB again. not necessarily early, but another levi brown isn't going to get it done. get the BPA in round 1 and if its a QB, that's what it is.

Ej could still be the man, but let's err on the side of too many good qb's than routinely not having enough of them.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Interesting comment. How exactly do the chances increase with Thad behind center?

EJ:

<tbody>
Year
Team
G
GS
Att
Comp
Pct
Yds
YPA
Lg
TD
Int
Tkld
20+
40+
Rate

Buffalo Bills
/ 10
/10 /
306 /
180/
/1972/
/45
/11/
/28-159/
28/
4/

</tbody>

Thad:

<tbody>
Year
/Team/
G
/GS/
Att
/Comp/
Pct
/Yds/
YPA
/Lg
/TD
/Int/
Tkld
/20+/
40+/
Rate

</tbody>

<tbody>
2013/
Buffalo Bills/
/4/
128/
77/
60.2/
845/
6.60/
57/
3/
/14-77/
10/
/77.8

</tbody>

They both stink but Thad is less stinky

alohabillsfan
12-26-2013, 04:21 PM
BB presser when asked about preparing for Manual or Lewis!