PDA

View Full Version : As Maxwell Smart would say "It's the hidden puck in the pants trick"

DetDannyWilliams
12-23-2013, 08:52 PM
:crazy: finish to this one in OT I never saw anything like it, the puck jumps up in the air lands in the pants of Smith, Smith doesn't know where it is and takes it into the back of the net Buffalo goal Sabres win in OT! your going to see this around the country at 11 o'clock tonight

Crisis
12-23-2013, 08:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/25RHzzn.gif

Meathead
12-23-2013, 09:12 PM
BUTT GOAL!!

Downinfloflo
12-23-2013, 09:15 PM
It means the Sabres are not meant to be picking in the top 3 this draft.. :bigwave:

DetDannyWilliams
12-23-2013, 09:41 PM
It means the Sabres are not meant to be picking in the top 3 this draft.. :bigwave:
Sabres have a 95% chance to get a top 3 pick

Downinfloflo
12-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Sabres have a 95% chance to get a top 3 pick

Was 100% a few days ago...Still have half a season to screw it up..

Crisis
12-23-2013, 10:05 PM
If it was 100% before how is it 95% now?

Downinfloflo
12-23-2013, 10:08 PM
If it was 100% before how is it 95% now?

Ummm....Errmmmm.....When you win, Your chances go down.

Crisis
12-23-2013, 11:43 PM
So you're saying it was never 100% then

JATMtheJATM
12-23-2013, 11:49 PM
what a stupid move by smith, regardless of where the puck is. i get scrambling back to goalmouth, thats the right move, but why continue into the net? if the puck is out front, all you have to do is shove it in.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm....Errmmmm.....When you win, Your chances go down.

only if you move up in the standings. they havnt done that yet. isles and oilers both won tonight. isles shut out the red wings. they move firsts easily. trade em moulson!

trapezeus
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
and we won in overtime, so we gave away a point. the run the sabres would have to go on would have to be legendary and collapses from a lot of other teams. and the sabres are still mostly scoring 1 goal a game. i think they are fine winning a game here and there.

SabreEleven
12-24-2013, 09:48 AM
and we won in overtime, so we gave away a point. the run the sabres would have to go on would have to be legendary and collapses from a lot of other teams. and the sabres are still mostly scoring 1 goal a game. i think they are fine winning a game here and there.

The game was against a Western Conference team; it has no bearing on the Eastern Conference playoffs.

JATMtheJATM
12-24-2013, 10:19 AM
i remember going to the news years game in buffalo in the 02-03 season. the sabres had 8 wins at that point. i remember thinking that if the sabres had that many wins by new years this year, i would be amazed. well, here we are. double digits.

DetDannyWilliams
12-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Ray: It falls right in the back of his pants.
Jeanneret: Oh, my Lord.
Ray: You can see the puck laying on the top of his pants, on his jersey, in the net. This is gonna be a good goal. You see it right there. You can see the puck. Right there. See it?
Jeanneret: Yeah, I see it. But I've never seen anything like this before. Ever.
Ray: It's Christmas. It's Christmas.
Jeanneret: Well, it's Christmas for one team. It's Bah, Humbug! for the other one. :roflmao: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

DetDannyWilliams
12-24-2013, 12:55 PM
another classic call by RJ :laughing: enjoy it while you can because he's hanging up the mic in 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAOKAkEN7SI

WagonCircler
12-24-2013, 01:40 PM
I was listening to Rayzor and Rick in my car, laughing my ass off.

YardRat
12-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Best...goal...ever...

Skooby
12-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Power forward goal.

rbochan
12-25-2013, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOgV6w_GALM

gebobs
12-26-2013, 10:11 PM
USA had a goal disallowed, wrongly IMHO, because the refs said the goalie had the puck and was pushed into the net (though the puck clearly slid under his pads to the back of the net before he was pushed in). The announcers recalled the Sabres goal and I think made a comment that such would not have been allowed at the WJC. I suppose so based on how they blew the call for USA, but technically he wasn't pushed in.

Anyhoo, I'm wondering why it wasn't blown dead since it was lost in his equipment. I suppose if he had stayed out, they eventually would have blown it dead, but since he was moving and it happened so quickly. I mean, it seems like it should be a goal, just not sure on how the rules apply. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in all my years playing, coaching and watching.

After review...good goal!

Meathead
12-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Anyhoo, I'm wondering why it wasn't blown dead since it was lost in his equipment.

bc in live action you could see that it wasnt caught or frozen by the goalie, it just disappeared. it didnt look like a regular play where the goalie is in position to freeze it and in the very short moment while the ref is trying to find it its already in the net

i was watching it live and i had no idea where it was but what i did know was that the goalie didnt catch it or have it under his pad or something. so it could easily have just been in somebodys skates. it was only a second or two before his butt was in the goal so its no surprise the whistle hadnt blown

JATMtheJATM
12-27-2013, 07:06 PM
bc in live action you could see that it wasnt caught or frozen by the goalie, it just disappeared. it didnt look like a regular play where the goalie is in position to freeze it and in the very short moment while the ref is trying to find it its already in the net

i was watching it live and i had no idea where it was but what i did know was that the goalie didnt catch it or have it under his pad or something. so it could easily have just been in somebodys skates. it was only a second or two before his butt was in the goal so its no surprise the whistle hadnt blown

it could have, and maybe should have been blown dead. once a ref loses sight of the puck, the play is supposed to die. same thing with a stopped puck, believe it or not. the puck is supposed to always be moving.

Meathead
12-27-2013, 07:17 PM
happened way too fast. with the goalie standing up you knew it wasnt possibly under him. and you knew it wasnt in his glove. i thought it was just bouncing around in the players skates somewhere, most likely the refs thought the same thing. in the 1.5 seconds it takes to figure out its not in somebodys skates the puck is already in the net. so really no opportunity to blow the whistle even tho everybody lost sight of it