X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Manuel Isn't Starting Sunday

EJ took 3rd string reps today at practice. Behind Jeff Tuel. That says it all, doesn't it?

I think it's pretty obvious that EJ's not starting the last game of the season. Very disappointing. All I cared about this season was the development of EJ Manuel, and we never really saw it because of injuries.

Not good.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills--Manuel-practices--no-decision-made/18052622

Manuel was a limited participant during Thursday's session, but also took some team repetitions according to the head coach. During the portion of practice available to the media, Manuel was the third quarterback to take a snap during individual drills with the running backs behind Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel.
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Manuel Isn't Starting Sunday

Good, I need to see if Thad is the answer!

Comment

• Gibby
      • Jun 2006

As long as the Tuel Man isn't behind center I can't complain.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
        Good, I need to see if Thad is the answer!
        After 0 TD's 1 INT last week against the Fins, I can tell you Thad is NOT the answer.

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

Marrone said EJ took 1st team reps today as we'll...

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

Well that's depressing....

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

This game is meaningless as far as his development goes. If he's not 100% then sit him out. At least he ended his season on a good note with a win. The guy has already had 3 knee injuries in one season. No reason to chance it if he's not 100%.

These injuries have stunted any growth he may have had this season. When you're getting injured and missing time about every 5 weeks of action it only keeps putting your further behind in your development. He's only played in 10 games and it's not like they were even 10 games straight.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                This game is meaningless as far as his development goes. If he's not 100% then sit him out. At least he ended his season on a good note with a win. The guy has already had 3 knee injuries in one season. No reason to chance it if he's not 100%.

These injuries have stunted any growth he may have had this season. When you're getting injured and missing time about every 5 weeks of action it only keeps putting your further behind in your development. He's only played in 10 games and it's not like they were even 10 games straight.
                All the more reason he NEEDS to play Sunday. One more game of experience.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

While that may be true, he has been at all team meetings, film sessions, and the like. I think that helps somewhat, although it is certainly not as important as actual game experience.

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

Marrone had said earlier that this newest injury is the same one as the first one. I'm not sure if he meant that it is the same injury re-aggravated or if it's the same type of injury. If it is the first injury being re-aggravated, I would be more concerned with playing him Sunday, as I would think that injury needs more time to heal.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                      As long as the Tuel Man isn't behind center I can't complain.
                      Hmmm. Led the Bills to a season high 470 yards offense against the "monster" KC defense. One bad play and he sucks.

There is a new category of moron in America today.

The NFL Fan.....and for your amusement pleasure, sports fans, a lot of them are on display everyday in this forum.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                        • Jul 2013

a caller on WGR had a pretty good argument about making Manuel play. he said that manuel doesn't deserve to be "shut down" for the last game. What has he done to merit taking the last game off so that he can get ready for next year. Fred Jackson played hurt all season. CJ Spiller has had a bum ankle for most of the season. I guarantee you many of those players are hurt in some capacity and still play to round out the season. He said Ray Lewis was quoted as you can't lead if you're not playing.
                        "You want to be a leader on this team? One of the best ways to show that you're with this team is to play hurt. And that's what I wanted to do -- let those guys know that I would be with them," Jackson said. Could have been aimed at the rookie QB.

In any event, Manuel still has a lot to prove and he should want to be out there with his teammates, doing anything he can to help his team win. Being a leader, with a fire burning in his belly, and a competitive nature should be what's driving his attitude about this week, not about being shut down.
                        "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                        -Graham Greene

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Well, no one but the doctors or the team know the extent of the injury. There is a difference of playing hurt and playing injured.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                            • Sep 2004

Manuel is hot garbage, the sooner we move away from Jason Campbell 2.0 the better we'll be.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                              • Dec 2008

I get what your saying about resting the knee. Makes perfect sense.

But I disagree about the game being meaningless were EJ to play.
                              At this point in his career he needs all the game experience he can get.
                              He also needs the experience in hostile environments and cold weather.

But it's a risk/reward thing. Without knowing the details of the injury it's hard to say what's best.
                              I think the doctors opinion is very important here.

Comment

Working...
                              X