PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson Still in California

jamze132
12-27-2013, 01:58 AM
How long does it take when a loved one dies before you're back to work?

1 week? 3 weeks?

Not that he's really being missed on the field but seriously?

Meathead
12-27-2013, 03:01 AM
groan

Famous Amos
12-27-2013, 06:54 AM
oh dear lord.

tampabay25690
12-27-2013, 06:56 AM
He needs to take as long as he needs! It's the guys mom!!

pmoon6
12-27-2013, 07:03 AM
How long does it take when a loved one dies before you're back to work?

1 week? 3 weeks?

Not that he's really being missed on the field but seriously?Hmmm. His 46 year old mother passes and you start a thread like this?

Maybe it should happen to you and then you can tell us.

I think Stevie should take all the time he needs.

One of my employees had the same thing happen. I did the same for him and covered it up with my superiors. I had that latitude and he was out for six weeks.

The selfishness of the American citizen. It's all about Meeeeee.

The King
12-27-2013, 07:13 AM
His mothers funeral is today the 27th, she also died unexpectedly. The circumstances around her death delayed the funeral keeping Stevie away for the week, even if he was back he's too far removed from the game plan to play.

lightningbolt444
12-27-2013, 07:19 AM
He should take all the time he needs.

Uncle Jesse
12-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Who cares it's a ****ing football game, it's meaningless, leave him be.

Buffalo Thriller
12-27-2013, 07:42 AM
When my mother died I didn't do anything for 3 weeks. I was a wreck so it's understandable.

DynaPaul
12-27-2013, 07:53 AM
On my job there were some people who were away for months. Bereavement isn't a process that you can set a standard time limit on. Missing the Patriots game is fine by me then he can have the whole offseason to deal with this loss. His mother was young and I can imagine that it's very devastating for him. Football is probably the last thing on his mind right now and rightfully so.

OpIv37
12-27-2013, 10:15 AM
On my job there were some people who were away for months. Bereavement isn't a process that you can set a standard time limit on. Missing the Patriots game is fine by me then he can have the whole offseason to deal with this loss. His mother was young and I can imagine that it's very devastating for him. Football is probably the last thing on his mind right now and rightfully so.
Football was often the last thing on Stevie's mind when his mom was still alive and well.

We did fine without him last week. I hope that happens again, so it motivates either Stevie to play better or the team to trade him and move on without him, because we are never going to win with him as our #1 WR unless he learns to keep his head in the game (and he hasn't learned by now so I seriously doubt he ever will).

ParanoidAndroid
12-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Wow.... I gotta stop coming here. This place has gotten insufferable.

stuckincincy
12-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Wow.... I gotta stop coming here. This place has gotten insufferable.

Don't forget to install your Babel fish.

Night Train
12-27-2013, 11:50 AM
The game is meaningless and the off-season starts Monday. Perspective.

SJ may or may not be in the future plans of the Bills and I'm not going to bag on a guy after his mothers death.

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I didn't think he should have played in Jacksonville. He should take as much time as he needs. I'm glad he isn't playing because I think he isn't good but that's neither here nor there.

OpIv37
12-27-2013, 12:23 PM
The game is meaningless and the off-season starts Monday. Perspective.

SJ may or may not be in the future plans of the Bills and I'm not going to bag on a guy after his mothers death.

He deserves to get bagged on for all the crap he pulled this season. He doesn't get a pass because of something completely unrelated to football.

coastal
12-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I long for the days of James Hardy pointing a gun at his dad during the family BBQ.

Now that's family values!

casdhf
12-27-2013, 01:22 PM
I would think if we were 8-7 with a wild card on the line, he would be here. As it is now ... why bother?

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2013, 01:24 PM
He deserves to get bagged on for all the crap he pulled this season. He doesn't get a pass because of something completely unrelated to football.

What "crap" did he pull this season?

And he was not talking about no bagging on him for the season - he was talking about bagging on him for actually attending his mother's funeral - which apparently at least one poster has an issue with.

Skooby
12-27-2013, 01:30 PM
I hope Stevie has a safe trip & he settles all his family's affairs while he's out there, losing you're Mom is real tough.

jamze132
12-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah I can't imagine suddenly losing anyone, especially my mom.

OpIv37
12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
What "crap" did he pull this season?

And he was not talking about no bagging on him for the season - he was talking about bagging on him for actually attending his mother's funeral - which apparently at least one poster has an issue with.

Really? We are going here?

Let's see...

- the fumble at the end of the Falcons game
- numerous drops and just not coming through for EJ most of the season
- pretending he was ok with his mother's death before the Jacksonville game, then dropping a ball and chewing EJ out on the field instead of having the maturity to just stay away.

The guy had one clutch game at the start of the season (Carolina I think) then went right back to his usual inconsistencies.

I'm glad he's not playing because his head wasn't in it against Jax and it wouldn't be in it if he played against NE either.

With the experience and talent he has and the money he makes, Stevie needs to be a leader, but he never will be. The only way we will ever be successful with Stevie is if we find another #1 so he can play the #2 role, where his immaturity and lack of concentration won't have as big an impact on the team. But I just don't see this FO paying for a true #1 as long as Stevie is on the books.

stuckincincy
12-27-2013, 03:03 PM

Let's see...

- pretending he was ok with his mother's death before the Jacksonville game, then dropping a ball and chewing EJ out on the field instead of having the maturity to just stay away.

The guy had one clutch game at the start of the season (Carolina I think) then went right back to his usual inconsistencies.

Leave it alone.

Jry44
12-27-2013, 03:38 PM

Let's see...

I'm glad he's not playing because his head wasn't in it against Jax and it wouldn't be in it if he played against NE either.

With the experience and talent he has and the money he makes, Stevie needs to be a leader, but he never will be. The only way we will ever be successful with Stevie is if we find another #1 so he can play the #2 role, where his immaturity and lack of concentration won't have as big an impact on the team. But I just don't see this FO paying for a true #1 as long as Stevie is on the books.

I can't even ccomprehend how a human being can use another person's loss as an opportunity to dog the guy for what he has or hasn't done during the course of a meaningless game.

Who gives a **** about Stevie Johnsons football season right now! Set your message board-tough guy ego aside, say a prayer for the guy and let him grieve.

OpIv37
12-27-2013, 03:48 PM
I can't even ccomprehend how a human being can use another person's loss as an opportunity to dog the guy for what he has or hasn't done during the course of a meaningless game.

Who gives a **** about Stevie Johnsons football season right now! Set your message board-tough guy ego aside, say a prayer for the guy and let him grieve.
I don't know what you're talking about. This is a message board about Bills football, not Stevie's personal life. All of my comments were about what Stevie did (or more accurately, didn't do) on the football field this season. It has nothing to do with his mother or me trying to be a tough guy. I'm simply discussing the player and how he affects the team.

pmoon6
12-27-2013, 07:42 PM

Let's see...

With the experience and talent he has and the money he makes, Stevie needs to be a leader, but he never will be. The only way we will ever be successful with Stevie is if we find another #1 so he can play the #2 role, where his immaturity and lack of concentration won't have as big an impact on the team. But I just don't see this FO paying for a true #1 as long as Stevie is on the books.We got bagged in the Falcons game when they called defensive pass interference when it was clearly offensive PI and gave Atlanta the ball first and goal from the 1 and it should have been 4th and 16 for the tying touchdown.

pmoon6
12-27-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. This is a message board about Bills football, not Stevie's personal life. All of my comments were about what Stevie did (or more accurately, didn't do) on the football field this season. It has nothing to do with his mother or me trying to be a tough guy. I'm simply discussing the player and how he affects the team.While I understand where you're coming from, don't you think these threads and the timing of the criticism is a little bad?

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2013, 09:49 AM

Let's see...

There is a difference between not having a good season and "pulling crap".

And numerous drops is not really true. I could show the stats on that, but he generally is not all that high in that category.

The fumble - yep. That was a bad play.

But none of that is pulling crap.

pmoon6
12-28-2013, 09:54 AM
There is a difference between not having a good season and "pulling crap".

And numerous drops is not really true. I could show the stats on that, but he generally is not all that high in that category.

The fumble - yep. That was a bad play.

But none of that is pulling crap.I often wonder if the scrutiny which players have to endure were applied to fans at their place of employment.

None would probably have jobs.

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2013, 09:54 AM
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Sort this by %. In terms of % Johnson is 105th in the NFL in drops.

He has a lower drop % than Wes Welker.

So this idea that he drops a lot of passes is rubbish.

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2013, 09:55 AM
I often wonder if the scrutiny which players have to endure were applied to fans at their place of employment.

None would probably have jobs.

No, all of these people are perfect.

You and I are just too stupid to figure it out.

OpIv37
12-28-2013, 10:55 AM
While I understand where you're coming from, don't you think these threads and the timing of the criticism is a little bad?

No. The message board is here to discuss the team. Stevie's play is fair game regardless of what's going on in his personal life.

OpIv37
12-28-2013, 10:58 AM
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Sort this by %. In terms of % Johnson is 105th in the NFL in drops.

He has a lower drop % than Wes Welker.

So this idea that he drops a lot of passes is rubbish.

Don't care how he compares to other receivers. He drops key passes and didn't come through for EJ. He drops too many balls to be the number one receiver on this team.

And he's only been clutch one time in his career.

Nice try with the "it's ok to make mistakes if other players make them too" excuse though.

OpIv37
12-28-2013, 11:01 AM
No, all of these people are perfect.

You and I are just too stupid to figure it out.

No one said anything about us being perfect. We just don't repeatedly make the same mistakes that we get paid millions of dollars to not make like Stevie.

Skooby
12-28-2013, 11:02 AM
The Bills seem to win when Stevie misses games this season.

pmoon6
12-28-2013, 11:15 AM
No. The message board is here to discuss the team. Stevie's play is fair game regardless of what's going on in his personal life.For a self described liberal, you certainly seem to reject the sensitive premise that guides most of your philosophy.

Or is it as I suspected all along? Liberals only play that part when it suits them.

BuffaloBlakely14
12-28-2013, 11:24 AM

Let's see...

Dude, surprised by you man. I used to enjoy reading your posts.

BuffaloBlakely14
12-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Don't care how he compares to other receivers. He drops key passes and didn't come through for EJ. He drops too many balls to be the number one receiver on this team.

And he's only been clutch one time in his career.

Nice try with the "it's ok to make mistakes if other players make them too" excuse though.

One angry dude I guess.

The Natrix
12-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Haha, I knew a POS post like this one would be here when I logged on.

This game is so meaningless I wouldn't care if the most proven 10 -15 players on the team sat this one out.

Thoughts sent your way, Stevie.