X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uncle Jesse
    • Sep 2004

Go get Cutler

Yeah, that's right. Go sign him. Before you, as a Bills fan, have the audacity to frown upon him, after the piles of **** we've rolled out at QB since Kelly, wake up. I'm not ready to dump Manuel, he can still be the backup and hopefully the eventual starter some day. However, this defense is just about elite. Another LBer or so away. The pieces are in place. The running game is really good (how many 200 yard days now?). Get another WR and maybe a TE in the draft and a QB like Cutler and there is no doubt they are contending or in a playoff spot. The QB spot is holding this team back. It's painfully obvious. We have a small window where our defense is plenty good enough, and there are some nice pieces on offense.

If Cutler was this teams QB we'd at worst be still alive going into this weekend. He would be the best QB we've had here in over a decade. He's a good QB. Let's do it, and go end this ****ing playoff streak and not worry about hurting a guys feelings or waiting 3 years to "hope" this guy pans out.
  • pmoon6
    Legendary Zoner
    • Dec 2002

Re: Go get Cutler

We await the second coming of Joe Ferguson.

Super Bowl!!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Cutler really doesn't blow me away. Look at his stats. Nothing spectacular.

Of course he would elevate the team right away but I just don't see him as a guy that would take us to the elite level.

It would remind me of the reincarnation of Drew Bledsoe, and in fact I think Bledsoe was a better player.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
        Cutler really doesn't blow me away. Look at his stats. Nothing spectacular.

Of course he would elevate the team right away but I just don't see him as a guy that would take us to the elite level.

It would remind me of the reincarnation of Drew Bledsoe, and in fact I think Bledsoe was a better player.
        Cutler has had seasons that would have broken Bills single season records already. Is he Manning, Rodgers, Brady or Brees? No. However he's the best option out there and gives us the best chance to win NOW.

I can't believe how picky Bills fans are about QBs when we've had nothing but complete garbage at the positions for 15 years. Everyone wants the top elite guy, well if it were that easy everyone would have one. He's a really good QB who could be available, go get him and be done with it.

Comment

• alnilla
          • Dec 2008

Yeah because the Bears are gonna let him go please

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

I like Cutler but he's too up and down. He can have an awesome game that totally blows you away but drop a head-scratching stinker the next week. He hasn't been super durable lately either. There's no doubt that he has the arm and the talent but, like Thurmanator said, his signing would be Bledsoe part II.

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Cutler is a crybaby. Most Bills Fans see him for what he is. A good QB that can't get you over the hump. I don't know why anyone would want to pay the huge dollars it would take to get him.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                Cutler is a crybaby. Most Bills Fans see him for what he is. A good QB that can't get you over the hump. I don't know why anyone would want to pay the huge dollars it would take to get him.
                So what's your plan to get us to the playoffs as soon as possible? I don't think there is a better option out there. I can't wait to hear it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                  Cutler has had seasons that would have broken Bills single season records already. Is he Manning, Rodgers, Brady or Brees? No. However he's the best option out there and gives us the best chance to win NOW.

I can't believe how picky Bills fans are about QBs when we've had nothing but complete garbage at the positions for 15 years. Everyone wants the top elite guy, well if it were that easy everyone would have one. He's a really good QB who could be available, go get him and be done with it.
                  When were these seasons? What records?

I see one year where he had 4500 yards yet only 25 TDs and 18 ints

I want a QB worse than anyone but I would rather just develop EJ. I learned my lesson with Bledsoe.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

So what's your plan to get us to the playoffs as soon as possible? I don't think there is a better option out there. I can't wait to hear it.
                    You said it all right there. "As soon as possible". Impatience breeds reaching for a player that really isn't a good fit and would cost too much.

The plan is "stay the course". Bring in another young QB in the third round. I'm still amused by some Bills' Fans mentality concerning Manuel, Thad Lewis or even Tuel.

Yep, they suck, next.

You can't judge a QB based on a year or even two. Numerous examples have been cited already, so I won't go into them again.

You want what you think will be a quick fix. They seldom work out.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Yeah, that's right. Go sign him. Before you, as a Bills fan, have the audacity to frown upon him, after the piles of **** we've rolled out at QB since Kelly, wake up. I'm not ready to dump Manuel, he can still be the backup and hopefully the eventual starter some day. However, this defense is just about elite. Another LBer or so away. The pieces are in place. The running game is really good (how many 200 yard days now?). Get another WR and maybe a TE in the draft and a QB like Cutler and there is no doubt they are contending or in a playoff spot. The QB spot is holding this team back. It's painfully obvious. We have a small window where our defense is plenty good enough, and there are some nice pieces on offense.
                      Ive been saying for weeks...

Cutler
                      Mike Evans WR in the 1st
                      Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina or Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech in the 1st with the pick from trading Byrd.

=

Playoffs

I'd rather have Rivers.
                      Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-27-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                        When were these seasons? What records?

I see one year where he had 4500 yards yet only 25 TDs and 18 ints

I want a QB worse than anyone but I would rather just develop EJ. I learned my lesson with Bledsoe.
                        4500 yards would be a single season Bills record. 700 yards more than Kelly ever even threw for. He could also be 2nd and tied for 3rd in passing TDs in a season in franchise history, behind only Jim Kelly.

Bledsoe was just getting out of his prime when we got him and even so, he was the best we had since Kelly, to date. Yet we still wanna be picky, and even wait on a guy who clearly will never be on the Bledsoe, Cutler level. Amazing. Let's waste another year next year "hoping this guy develops" into something above average. Whats the rush, right?

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Impatience breeds reaching for a player that really isn't a good fit and would cost too much.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                            • Sep 2004

". Impatience breeds reaching for a player that really isn't a good fit a
                            Oh, so Manuel you mean. Drafting a QB in a **** year for QBs just to get one.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                              Ive been saying for weeks...

Cutler
                              Mike Evans WR in the 1st
                              Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina or Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech in the 1st with the pick from trading Byrd.

=

Playoffs
                              No doubt, I agree. We'd be in and nobody would be thinking twice about this or Manuel or anything because all that matters right now is winning football games.

We are not in a position to sacrifice seasons for one guy. Not when you haven't been in the playoffs in 14 ****ing years.

Comment

Working...
                              X