PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News's Top 10 Stadiums that should be ripped down, the Ralph makes #7

DetDannyWilliams
12-27-2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-12-22/10-stadiums-sporting-news-blow-up-candlestick-superdome-metrodome-fedex-field-oco/slide/7

TacklingDummy
12-27-2013, 08:01 PM
That's why they should waste no NYS tax dollars remodeling the dump.

Build New or nothing.

better days
12-27-2013, 08:06 PM
I find it funny Fed Ex field is named #4, before the Ralph.

And no mention of the fact the Ralph is being upgraded & will look much different before the start of next season.

And inaccessible Orchard Park? That writer should go to Foxboro sometime. Now that is INACCESSIBLE.

better days
12-27-2013, 08:07 PM
That's why they should waste no NYS tax dollars remodeling the dump.

Build New or nothing.

You should be on love it or list it.

DynaPaul
12-27-2013, 08:14 PM
It should be number 1, especially if we're talking about building a brand new facility.

Scumbag College
12-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Sporting News is still around?

Night Train
12-27-2013, 08:58 PM
OMG ! Someone wrote a useless filler article for a nearly defunct publication.

I must feign outrage and anger !

Meathead
12-27-2013, 09:22 PM
dont get the inaccessible thing. been to several stadiums and it might be the easiest to get in and out of that ive seen. maybe its cuz i know it really well but any time ive gone to games i hardly have to wait in traffic at all. then again i do go the back way but still

YardRat
12-27-2013, 09:24 PM
It will be ripped down when the new owner gets approval to build in Niagara Falls.

better days
12-27-2013, 10:14 PM
dont get the inaccessible thing. been to several stadiums and it might be the easiest to get in and out of that ive seen. maybe its cuz i know it really well but any time ive gone to games i hardly have to wait in traffic at all. then again i do go the back way but still

That is the point, there are a number of ways to get to & from the Ralph.

There is ONE road leading to Gillette Stadium in Foxboro.

Skooby
12-27-2013, 10:16 PM
If the Bills get a new stadium built, they'll stay in Buffalo.

WagonCircler
12-27-2013, 10:24 PM
It will be ripped down when the new owner gets approval to build in Niagara Falls.

Nope. Batavia.

better days
12-27-2013, 10:25 PM
If the Bills get a new stadium built, they'll stay in Buffalo.

I think everyone trashing the ralph needs to wait & see what it becomes after the remodel.

There is not a better view of the game in the NFL.

Skooby
12-27-2013, 10:27 PM

It will be this because of the natural beauty & access to Canada / Other parts of NY.

YardRat
12-28-2013, 05:22 AM
Nope. Batavia.

The Falls is a natural, and they would get a real sweetheart deal from the city/county.

pmoon6
12-28-2013, 05:32 AM
They build it in the Falls and the team will get another black eye. They'll call it Swamp Gas Stadium or maybe Chernobyl Coliseum.

stuckincincy
12-28-2013, 05:39 AM
They build it in the Falls and the team will get another black eye. They'll call it Swamp Gas Stadium or maybe Chernobyl Coliseum.

Goat Island.

YardRat
12-28-2013, 06:07 AM
I don't think toxic waste is officially on the league's list of banned substances, yet. I wouldn't mind if the constant exposure turned our defense and offensive lines into a bunch of Hulks.

pmoon6
12-28-2013, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't mind if the constant exposure turned our defense line into a bunch of Hulks.They already are, led by Fool's Gold.

Don't Panic
12-28-2013, 07:17 AM
And inaccessible Orchard Park? That writer should go to Foxboro sometime. Now that is INACCESSIBLE.

I know of about 5 ways in and out if the Ralph from the north. How accessible does a stadium need to be?

Pinkerton Security
12-28-2013, 01:11 PM
It will be this because of the natural beauty & access to Canada / Other parts of NY.

what other parts of NY exactly? It is even farther from the majority of the state in Niagara Falls. I'll take a new Bills stadium anywhere, but this part of your statement doesnt make sense.

imbondz
12-28-2013, 03:33 PM
We made the top 10!

BillsFever21
12-28-2013, 03:50 PM
The stadium is very accessible. I've only been to a couple other stadiums and it was a pain getting in and out of there with them being down in the city. As far as the stadium goes it is a dump though. Instead of keep spending hundreds of millions of dollars on repairs/upgrades they should just build a new one. It's not my tax dollars though so it's not my problem.

BillsImpossible
12-28-2013, 04:47 PM
The stadium is very accessible. I've only been to a couple other stadiums and it was a pain getting in and out of there with them being down in the city. As far as the stadium goes it is a dump though. Instead of keep spending hundreds of millions of dollars on repairs/upgrades they should just build a new one. It's not my tax dollars though so it's not my problem.

I wouldn't call Ralph Wilson Stadium a dump at all. It's a gem of a football stadium, one of a kind in the NFL. It's football stadium, not an interior design contest.
The closest thing to the Ralph is Lambeau Field.

The stadium is paid for. There's nothing wrong with it. The team sucks and they still make money, which is very attractive to the next buyer.

Buffalo made a big mistake by the lake called First Niagara Center and tore down a building that would have lasted another 100 years in the War Memorial Auditorium. The new home of the Sabres sucks compared to the Aud. The atmosphere is nothing like what it used to be.

Why tear down the Ralph? For the sake of what? It's not like a new stadium is going to attract more, "corporate," dollars in 2014. Why would it?

better days
12-28-2013, 05:05 PM

When is the last time you were there?

It has been a while for me. It may in fact be a dump today.

But if a House needs remodeling, you remodel it if the bones are good.

The Ralph has good bones. You will not get a better view of the game in any other stadium period.

I think people that go to the games will be pleased with the results of the remodel.

OLDSRIP
12-28-2013, 06:21 PM

Then in will be inacessable. Driving to the Falls sucks now.

Tiburon1724
12-29-2013, 01:31 AM
The Aud was definitely a dump and the F'nC is aging but still holds up extremely well to other arenas. The Ralph, when in the bowl itself, is the best stadium I've been to. I have no complaints. The scoreboard is great, and they're putting up another at the other end zone...you've got light ribbons, the views are incredible and the crowd can get close enough to the action for a "Buffalo bounce". Now the entire concourse area and restrooms, entry area etc...those are HORRIBLE. Also supposedly being improved. Audio system is lacking but that's on the improvements list as well.

I went to the Bills/Bucs game (ugh) this season and that stadium is very nice....but their scoreboards are horrrribly obsolete (no high-def and the replay boards are very narrow....no light ribbons at all, and some old school scoreboards too). The Dolphins stadium is a disaster as well...it's a square box of seating around the rectangular field...can't get close at all to the action. And it's always empty. And they play a terrible song on the rare occassion the fish score.

better days
12-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Then in will be inacessable. Driving to the Falls sucks now.

I dated a girl from the Falls for quite a while.

I finally broke up with her because of that drive.

Famous Amos
12-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Kind of off topic, but I went to a game a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe the amount of chartered buses and limousines that park opposite the stadium in that first lot on the other side of Abbott. I didn't know Buffalo fans had money. And the amount of litter left by those limos and buses were embarrassing.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2013, 11:51 AM
The Ralph is the easiest stadium to get to I have ever been.

Sure a nightmare after but I am sure that is true of any stadium.

I am a person who is very sentimental I will admit but I love the Ralph.

I don't want a new stadium and all the costs associated with it. I am happy they are remodeling the Ralph. They are upgrading the only things I hated about the place(bathrooms and concessions). I could care less about all the bells and whistles. I am not going to a dance party, I am going to watch a football game.

I have been to quite a few other stadiums. None blew me away.

Sure if it is a necessity to build a new stadium to keep them in 10 years go for it but those are just my thoughts.

OLDSRIP
12-31-2013, 12:00 PM

Thats funny. But I understand. It's a hassle going there.
Now add 60-70k people all going at the same time.
I probably wouldn't go to another game if the built in the falls.

Mace
12-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Every time I think I forgot how to laugh, I find posts that make me laugh. Lot of them this thread.

Skooby
01-01-2014, 12:15 AM

Her pair was bigger than your so it was an envy thing right?

better days
01-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Her pair was bigger than your so it was an envy thing right?

It was the Falls Bubba, NOT Attica.

Skooby
01-01-2014, 09:43 AM
It was the Falls Bubba, NOT Attica. Oh my bad, carry on.

Jaydog57
01-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Why tear down the Ralph, it still sells out pretty much every game, no matter how good or bad your team is. Can't believe the Saints Dome is on the list, that's like holy ground to those people. Sun Life Stadium in Miami, not too surprised. Needs a lot of work, and it's rarely filled to even 1/2 capacity, unless we're on a three game winning streak. :peace:

Beebe's Kid
01-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I like how stadiums are discussed in the abstract.

Maybe it will be paid for by all of the people that think there is something wrong with the old one.

If they pay for it solely out of ticket sales etc, go ahead. It will be great for you guys.