Now that Byrd is a probowler again, can we get a 1st rounder for him ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Now that Byrd is a probowler again, can we get a 1st rounder for him ?

Can we get a 1st rounder for Byrd after we tag him again ?
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Now that Byrd is a probowler again, can we get a 1st rounder for him ?

yes and thats whats gonna happen
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

There's no other UFA on this team worth the franchise tag...I say why not and see what happens. Even if it's not a first round pick, a team might give up a mid 2nd for him.

The worst that could happen is that Byrd holds out into the regular season and the Bills FO looks silly. That wouldn't be the first time that has happened.
      Last edited by Scumbag College; 12-27-2013, 09:53 PM.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Turn the Byrd pick into 1 of the 2 top TE prospects.

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
          Turn the Byrd pick into 1 of the 2 top TE prospects.
          Trade Byrd to St.Louis for the number two pick. The can afford it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
            Trade Byrd to St.Louis for the number two pick. The can afford it.
            I would think their own 1st rounder would be a possible scenario, not Washingtons. It also assures them a pro bowler & gives them a very high pick as well, which would be considered a job well done by most.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Here is an idea, how bout we pay him!! He deserves the money, and if we let him walk, that is a message to me that we aren't committed to winning.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
                Here is an idea, how bout we pay him!! He deserves the money, and if we let him walk, that is a message to me that we aren't committed to winning.
                The Bills can't & won't pay a half-season man #1 $ at any position, it's not & never going to be in the cards.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

I don't think he's very good personally. I hope the Bills trade him and get a 1st round pick in 2014 for him.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Is Byrd good, sure. Is he worth 9 or 10 million a year, not on your life.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Flipping a 27 year old multiple all pro into a first is a job well done in Bills country.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

this questionable probowl nod is only going to make him repeat his pay me the most ever spiel. i like byrd but if he wants to stay on this team he has to back off of that nonsense and accept the more than fair offer im sure the bills will make just like they did last time. with the emergence of small black williams and searcy they have two quality safties that can start so they can afford to lose byrd if they have to

if byrd is smart he will negotiate reasonably and im sure they could find a deal. if not, then the bills have to tag and trade him and move on
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Not going to happen. His price tag is locked in and deservedly so. He wants to be paid like the top safety in the league and after another pro bowl season you can argue he is.

No doubt the bills will tag him again. Its their right to do so and they should. Once tagged they can field offers for him but probably will not find higher than a 2nd round pick for him because of the size of the contract and amount of GUARANTEED money that the contract will contain.

In my opinion the bills will either tag him and enjoy one more year with him possibly dealing him at the deadline if the playoffs are out of sight next year or trade him this off season. I just see now scenario in which the bills pay his price. Remember Aaron Williams and Jim Leonard have 4INTs this year too. The bills might be comfortable resigning Leonard on the cheap (he is a solid proven player in this system) and developing their young safeties over paying a safety upwards of 8mil per yr.

Comment

• JCBills
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            The Bills can't & won't pay a half-season man #1 $ at any position, it's not & never going to be in the cards.
                            Why get rid of one of the best in the NFL?

They paid Mario top dollar, and what exactly is a half-season man?

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

I don't get the logic where people argue he isn't worth the investment of a big money contract, yet those same people want to slap a $8.3M franchise tag on him and expect another team to give up a first round pick to get him and pay him that contract. He must have pretty good value if you think a team will do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X