X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buddo
    • Mar 2007

Branch deal is $8.5 million over 3 years

A current summary of Buffalo Bills 2024 player cap & cash figures.

Very good job by the FO.
    Good, solid player, the re-signing of which gives us the same front 4 for next year, of Williams the both, Dareus and Branch. Nice to see a D-Line being kept together, especially a good one. If they can get Carrington to re-sign, then we will actually have improved depth, as he was a non-factor this year. Hughes will still also be under contract next year.
    If we could get Byrd re-signed, we are probably only in need of another quality LBer to improve the D, although I wouldn't be averse to seeing another CB added also, as we aren't greatly blessed with depth for the outside positions, whereas between Robey and Brooks, I think we have good depth inside.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Branch deal is $8.5 million over 3 years

Carrington has the same agent as Byrd and is coming off injury.

Need a bigger DT and a MLB to shore up the run D, which was bad many games. Kiko to the outside. After Miami refused to run against us, we improved to #23 against the run.

2 new CB's every year, via FA or draft.

Like many of our D players... but if you can't stop the run..
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Carrington having the same agent as Byrd concerns me, but hopefully the team can throw a similar contract at Alex and he'll take it.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Fixxxer
        • Jul 2002

Carrington is in a no win situation, if he signs long term with us it won't be for a lot of money, if he tests FA, no team will pay him what he wants. With whoever he signs, it will be on a one year contract and go from there.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I'd like to see Carrington in for 4 years at around 12-14 million with 8 guaranteed.

I think that's a fair price for him given his injury.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

On Carrington;

Kyle Williams and Alan Branch are signed through the next three seasons, and Marcell Dareus will be in town for at least another two. Alex Carrington sounds ready to return to the Bills, anyway.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

I very much would like to see Carrington resigned.

He's a third round pick who was about to demonstrate that he is a more than solid starter in this league. Then the injury happened.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                I'd like to see Carrington in for 4 years at around 12-14 million with 8 guaranteed.

I think that's a fair price for him given his injury.
                That be an attractive offer for him but being most guys are looking for a big pay day it wouldn't shock me to see him to take a one year deal either here or elsewhere in hopes he can stay healthy for all of 2014 and put up better numbers. As he's 26 and signing to a 4 year deal now might prevent him from ever getting the "big" money.

Comment

Working...
                X