PDA

View Full Version : Branch deal is $8.5 million over 3 years

Buddo
12-28-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/

Very good job by the FO.
Good, solid player, the re-signing of which gives us the same front 4 for next year, of Williams the both, Dareus and Branch. Nice to see a D-Line being kept together, especially a good one. If they can get Carrington to re-sign, then we will actually have improved depth, as he was a non-factor this year. Hughes will still also be under contract next year.
If we could get Byrd re-signed, we are probably only in need of another quality LBer to improve the D, although I wouldn't be averse to seeing another CB added also, as we aren't greatly blessed with depth for the outside positions, whereas between Robey and Brooks, I think we have good depth inside.

Night Train
12-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Carrington has the same agent as Byrd and is coming off injury.

Need a bigger DT and a MLB to shore up the run D, which was bad many games. Kiko to the outside. After Miami refused to run against us, we improved to #23 against the run.

2 new CB's every year, via FA or draft.

Like many of our D players... but if you can't stop the run..

YardRat
12-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Carrington having the same agent as Byrd concerns me, but hopefully the team can throw a similar contract at Alex and he'll take it.

Fixxxer
12-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Carrington is in a no win situation, if he signs long term with us it won't be for a lot of money, if he tests FA, no team will pay him what he wants. With whoever he signs, it will be on a one year contract and go from there.

DraftBoy
12-29-2013, 08:34 AM
I'd like to see Carrington in for 4 years at around 12-14 million with 8 guaranteed.

I think that's a fair price for him given his injury.

DraftBoy
12-29-2013, 08:35 AM
On Carrington;

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/12/28/5248014/alex-carrington-sounds-open-to-staying-with-buffalo-bills

coastal
12-29-2013, 08:48 AM
I very much would like to see Carrington resigned.

He's a third round pick who was about to demonstrate that he is a more than solid starter in this league. Then the injury happened.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 11:59 AM
I'd like to see Carrington in for 4 years at around 12-14 million with 8 guaranteed.

I think that's a fair price for him given his injury.

That be an attractive offer for him but being most guys are looking for a big pay day it wouldn't shock me to see him to take a one year deal either here or elsewhere in hopes he can stay healthy for all of 2014 and put up better numbers. As he's 26 and signing to a 4 year deal now might prevent him from ever getting the "big" money.