PDA

View Full Version : Black Monday-Hot Seat Coaches

YardRat
12-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Rex Ryan, Jets-I think he gets another season.
Dennis Allen, Raiders-Monday casualty. Potentially back-to-back 4 win seasons, and no progress in sight.
Jason Garrett, Cowboys-Jerry has injuries to blame to give Garrett one more season.
Tom Coughlin, Giants-I think he gracefully steps aside and retires.
Mike Shanahan, Redskins-BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA! So glad we didn't hire this ego-maniac tool. Could he end up back in Oakland?
Jim Schwartz, Lions-He's lost the team...never really had them anyway. Still think he hangs on for next season.
Leslie Frazier, Vikings-Another guy we thankfully passed on. Minny will get a new coach, and be looking for a QB.
Greg Schiano, Buccaneers-douchebag should be canned, his act just doesn't play well in the big leagues.

Agree? Disagree? Any others on your list?

Meathead
12-28-2013, 08:05 PM
i hope sexy rexy gets another season and bombs. then if pettine gets the hc job everybody fears we can plug in rex and keep the defensive ball rolling

YardRat
12-28-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't think Ryan's ego will let him go back to being a coordinator. He'll dig for another HC job, or end up in a studio.

DraftBoy
12-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Think you about nailed it.

Meathead
12-28-2013, 09:16 PM
do you really think rexy could get another hc gig so soon? i dont. things blew up in ny so bad and so fast that i think teams are going to be afraid to be the ones to give him his next shot. i expect hes gonna have to be a coordinator for a while to let that stank blow off a little

TacklingDummy
12-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Rex, Coughlin, Schiano stay.

The rest are gone.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Coughlin is the only definite stay on that list in my opinion.

Sciano could have saved his job for one more season but I wouldn't bet on it.

venis2k1
12-28-2013, 11:36 PM
In defense of rex, they have less talent than us but a better record. just sayin.

as this pertains to the bills, any good special team coaches on any of these staffs?

Skooby
12-29-2013, 01:53 AM
In defense of rex, they have less talent than us but a better record. just sayin.

as this pertains to the bills, any good special team coaches on any of these staffs?

Any ST coach at all anywhere for us ?

YardRat
12-29-2013, 05:12 AM
That's a great question venis.

GingerP
12-29-2013, 05:14 AM
I'd be surprised if Coughlin goes anywhere. I think this last year left a sour taste in his mouth and he wants to fix it. The Giants need to address their OL, they know their coach isn't the issue.

Since getting off to an 0-6 start, the Giants have played better. If they beat Washington they will finish 7-3 over their last 10 games. Coughlin hasn't forgotten how to coach.

better days
12-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Schwartz, Schiano & Shannahan sounds like a law firm that can't win a case.

They need to be fired.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Schiano is apparently being recruited to coach for Penn State. Jokes aside (and a lot spring to mind), it's a better job then Tampa IMO.

stuckincincy
12-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Schiano is apparently being recruited to coach for Penn State. Jokes aside (and a lot spring to mind), it's a better job then Tampa IMO.

Good Lord... :hang:

pmoon6
12-29-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't think Ryan's ego will let him go back to being a coordinator. He'll dig for another HC job, or end up in a studio.I don't know. His Dad took a DC job and used it to springboard to another head coaches position.

You are right about the family ego which also raises the question about Rob Ryan. He's qualified to get an HC job, but he hasn't even been in a conversation.

As far as a pundit, Rexy would be good in a clown suit on the NFL Today.

pmoon6
12-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Schwartz, Schiano & Shannahan sounds like a law firm that can't win a case.

They need to be fired.Really? I think all three are pretty good coaches aside from Schiano's thinking of blitzing on a kneel down.

better days
12-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Really? I think all three are pretty good coaches aside from Schiano's thinking of blitzing on a kneel down.

Seriously?

Schwartz- A LOT of talent on that team, on both offense & defense. Lions have NEVER been in the playoffs with him as HC.

Shannahan- got lucky last year with an athletic Rookie QB running a gimmick offense. Other than that, what has Shanny ever done without a HOF QB?

Schiano- May be a good college coach, but he is in over his head in the NFL.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Geno Smith is working on saving Rex Ryan's job today.

He's played very well today in the parts of the game I've caught.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 01:30 PM

Tampa's slowly building a good defense that if they can build an average O they could be a team to talk about in a few years so long Glennon doesn't fall apart. That said I think Schiano's alienated guys like Revis so he's better off going to Penn State.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Geno Smith is working on saving Rex Ryan's job today.

He's played very well today in the parts of the game I've caught.

Cuz Geno knows if Rex isn't with the Jets he might not be starting next year.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 01:34 PM

The Raiders have Bobby April.

better days
12-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Tampa's slowly building a good defense that if they can build an average O they could be a team to talk about in a few years so long Glennon doesn't fall apart. That said I think Schiano's alienated guys like Revis so he's better off going to Penn State.

Agreed about the Bucs defense.

Schiano can't bully grown men around like college kids.

He should go to Penn. I am hopeful the Bucs fire him because I don't see this team going anywhere with him as HC.

better days
12-29-2013, 01:37 PM
The Raiders have Bobby April.

I would love to see April back in Buffalo.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 01:41 PM

Only because of an idiot penalty by LaVonte David in Week 1. Less we forget this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243070/article/lavonte-david-fined-7875-for-late-hit-on-geno-smith

YardRat
12-29-2013, 01:45 PM
I would love to see April back in Buffalo.

Not me. His special teams were far from special his last couple of seasons here. There are reasons I was able to refer to them as 'April's Fools' so often.

Night Train
12-29-2013, 02:33 PM
What about Miami's coach, Philbin ? This team is pancake flat against the Jets in front of a sparse home crowd. Way to finish the season with a thud. Our backup QB beats them twice.

Queue the classic Talking Heads tune " We're On The Road To Nowhere "

Beebe's Kid
12-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Cuz Geno knows if Rex isn't with the Jets he might not be starting next year.

Doesn't anybody remember Peyton Manning's first year? I mean he has to develop, progress, work on his footwork, and get a 5 point boost in accuracy...then, and only then can you make a decision.

Or does that only apply when we have a ****ty looking first year QB?

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Doesn't anybody remember Peyton Manning's first year? I mean he has to develop, progress, work on his footwork, and get a 5 point boost in accuracy...then, and only then can you make a decision.

Or does that only apply when we have a ****ty looking first year QB?

The problem I see with Geno Smith as he doesn't ever seem humble or dismiss he has problems with his game. Perhaps it's just my perception but as bad as he's played he always seems to be on the defensive which isn't the mark to me of good QBs. As the good one always talk about how they're going to improve or put more film work in.

YardRat
12-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Apparently NFL.com has a piece on Chudzinski being in trouble in Cleveland after only one season.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Apparently NFL.com has a piece on Chudzinski being in trouble in Cleveland after only one season.

Well they have lost 7 straight games.

BillsFever21
12-29-2013, 06:04 PM
I hope the Jets fire Rex Ryan. Even with horrible QB's his entire time there he has done decent. Even this year when many claimed the Jets were the worse team in the league they still finished 8-8 even with how bad Geno Smith was. That's a miracle if you ask me.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Chud has been fired. Official on NFL.com

Call Horton now and try to bring him here as the DC.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Chud has been fired. Official on NFL.com

Call Horton now and try to bring him here as the DC.

Horton hasn't lost his job in fact some think he might be named HC in Cleveleand. I wouldn't mind calling Chud to be a QB/TE coach but odds are he'll probably get an OC somewhere next year.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Horton hasn't lost his job in fact some think he might be named HC in Cleveleand. I wouldn't mind calling Chud to be a QB/TE coach but odds are he'll probably get an OC somewhere next year.

New regime will bring in new guys. Horton and Turner will be gone.

black N yellow
12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
The Browns firing a coach after one year almost makes the Bills look competent.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 08:45 PM
The Browns firing a coach after one year almost makes the Bills look competent.

Eh, the coach lost the team. Players weren't accountable for anything. Adjustments were non-existent. I'm indifferent to him being fired as I don't think he should have ever been hired to be a HC in the first place.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 08:47 PM
New regime will bring in new guys. Horton and Turner will be gone.

Turner is definitely gone and assuming Horton isn't named HC I'll agree he's gone.

Albany,n.y.
12-29-2013, 08:51 PM

They can't bring him in because he looks so much like Marrone the players wouldn't know which guy is which.

Downinfloflo
12-29-2013, 09:11 PM

And he's been fired!

Browns fire head coach Rob Chudzinski after one season at helm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-fire-head-coach-rob-chudzinski-122913

ublinkwescore
12-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Mike Tomlin - Pittsburgh - wait and see.

Historian
12-30-2013, 04:45 AM
I pretty much agree with your list Rat except for the Lions.

Who the **** are they to fire a guy who made Thanksgivings relevent again?

Before Schwartz, that team was a bigger laughingstock than us.

Now we hold the belt!

YardRat
12-30-2013, 05:32 AM
I pretty much agree with your list Rat except for the Lions.

Who the **** are they to fire a guy who made Thanksgivings relevent again?

Before Schwartz, that team was a bigger laughingstock than us.

Now we hold the belt!

I dunno...we still haven't caught up to Cleveland.

Detroit has too much talent, and Schwartz is wasting it, IMO.

DraftBoy
12-30-2013, 07:36 AM
Sounds like Dennis Allen will be sticking around in Oakland. Good for him, I think he's the best fit for that organization with McKenzie calling the shots.

Shannahan expected to be fired right about now.

No word on Tampa, Miami, or Detroit yet.

Cleve
12-30-2013, 07:54 AM
So Munchak with the Titans isn't on the list? Amazing that he didn't Fitzpatrick himself right out of a job. "Fitz" laid another egg yesterday with a 65 passer rating and a critical interception - it was just that Squab was worse. :)

Night Train
12-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Frazier just fired by Minny

Night Train
12-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Shanny just fired by Skins

Albany,n.y.
12-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Frazier just fired by Minny

Down goes Frazier!

ublinkwescore
12-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Shanahan for our OC?

The Jokeman
12-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Shanahan for our OC?

Kyle maybe but even think more doubtful than likely.

stuckincincy
12-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Shanny just fired by Skins

I bet that made him blink. :str8face:

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Schiano gone too as per pft.com

Albany,n.y.
12-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Schwartz officially gone.

X-Era
12-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Wow. Schiano and Schwartz... His was as big as mine...

DraftBoy
12-30-2013, 12:23 PM
All that's left is for Miami, and Oakland to shake out. Both coaches I'd expect to stay.

ublinkwescore
12-30-2013, 01:04 PM
If I were Pittsburgh, I would get rid of Tomlin too.

imbondz
12-30-2013, 01:12 PM
If I were Pittsburgh, I would get rid of Tomlin too.

huh?

ublinkwescore
12-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, and possibly cost his team a draft pick

GingerP
12-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, and possibly cost his team a draft pick

He has also kept an aging team with cap trouble competitive. He has never had a losing record as a HC. He has a career 71-41 record in Pittsburgh and is 5-3 in the playoffs, with 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 victory.

You think they should get rid of that guy?

Cleve
12-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Tomlin is one of the best coaches there is. I would think he'd retire before being fired.

DraftBoy
12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Tennessee wants more time to evaluate Munchak, won't know about them till the end of the week.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
He has also kept an aging team with cap trouble competitive. He has never had a losing record as a HC. He has a career 71-41 record in Pittsburgh and is 5-3 in the playoffs, with 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 victory.

You think they should get rid of that guy?

They arent getting any better under his watch.

GingerP
01-01-2014, 01:09 PM
They arent getting any better under his watch.

They did when he took over. The Steelers went from a team that was 8-8 the year before and went 10-6, 12-4 (SB win), 9-7, 12-4 (SB loss), 12-4, 8-8 & 8-8. The last couple years were not playoff seasons, but it has been a veteran team with aging players that had cap issues and injuries. He has remained competitive when the team rebuilds, but he has kept them relevant despite declining talent and cap issues that come with an aging team.

DraftBoy
01-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Tampa hires Lovie Smith.

Historian
01-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Are the Jets really content to let Rex play out his contract, effectively making him a lame duck coach?

The Bills should be all over that next season.

I guarantee the Patriots will be.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 08:37 AM
Rex Ryan, Jets-I think he gets another season.

Yeah, he got another season and the team crashed and burned. The Bills CLOBBERED him twice.

Now we get to have him as OUR coach!

Funny old world!

Novacane
01-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Someone is board today

swiper
01-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Someone is board today

You mean bored.

Night Train
01-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Are the Jets really content to let Rex play out his contract, effectively making him a lame duck coach?

The Bills should be all over that next season.

I guarantee the Patriots will be.

Smart man.

Comes with age and experience. :up: :beers:

YardRat
01-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Yeah, he got another season and the team crashed and burned. The Bills CLOBBERED him twice.

Now we get to have him as OUR coach!

Funny old world!

Well, at least you pointed out one I got right, not the couple I got wrong :D