Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 03:22 PM
But he's awesome. :rofl:

coastal
12-29-2013, 03:34 PM
This organization blows

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I wonder what he did this week to get a whole half off...and it's also good to see getting benched for one quarter last week taught him absolutely nothing.

Mace
12-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Late to the party. Is he really ? Any word on why ?

YardRat
12-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Again?

coastal
12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Yep.

a whole half by what one of my friends who is pretty good with his facts texted me.

cookie G
12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Late to the party. Is he really ? Any word on why ?

He was reading this board last night.

Marrone won't tolerate that.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Yep.

a whole half by what one of my friends who is pretty good with his facts texted me.

They said it right as the game started.

Downinfloflo
12-29-2013, 03:47 PM
No big deal...this game is meaningless.

Don't act like a ass and you get on the field.

YardRat
12-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Two weeks in a row is not meaningless.

Mace
12-29-2013, 03:50 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/12/29/5254492/doug-marrone-benches-marcell-dareus-buffalo-bills

YardRat
12-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Especially when it's for the same thing. Thanks for the link, Mace.

coastal
12-29-2013, 03:54 PM
His absence is being exploited.

coastal
12-29-2013, 03:56 PM
He's going to have a 100 yards before half.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 03:57 PM

The rush defense looks just as bad when he's in there.

coastal
12-29-2013, 03:59 PM
No one blocked Mario on that play.

no one had to.

Downinfloflo
12-29-2013, 03:59 PM

Good...Maybe his team mates will get on him for being an ass.

coastal
12-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Good...Maybe his team mates will get on him for being an ass.
I agree.

he needs to grow the **** up.

YardRat
12-29-2013, 04:24 PM
I like Dareus a lot, but this is unacceptable.

He better single-handedly destroy NE's oline in the second half.

kingJofNYC
12-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Yup, Dareus will change the game in the second half....lol

A Jags no name RB shredded us on the ground with our DL in place, we suck and our LBs are **** run defenders. Nothing's changed.

DraftBoy
12-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Inexcusable for this to happen again, especially on the Monday after a victory where he doesn't even need to be there till 11:30am.

JediMindPowers
12-29-2013, 04:57 PM
I still cant believe the Bills selected Dareus before AJ Green. Whats even more incredible is that most fans supported OBD's choice.

God, what a bunch of idiots.

Novacane
12-29-2013, 05:01 PM
No big deal...this game is meaningless.

Don't act like a ass and you get on the field.

Sorry but it is a big deal. He obviously has no respect for his coach's when his response to being benched for a quarter is to do something that gets him benched for a half.

Downinfloflo
12-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Sorry but it is a big deal. He obviously has no respect for his coach's when his response to being benched for a quarter is to do something that gets him benched for a half.

It's no big deal he's was not playing.(As in the game don't matter)

I already said he need's to stop acting like an ass..And he will get on the field.

BillsFever21
12-29-2013, 05:22 PM
He should've suspended him for the entire game instead of just the first half. When he did it two weeks in a row then that's showing no respect for his team or authority. That sounds like something a college program does to "punish" a player but still have them for the game.

kingJofNYC
12-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Great play by Marcell on that FG attempt, took over.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Just what we don't need, a baby.

Mace
12-29-2013, 10:21 PM
It's no big deal he's was not playing.(As in the game don't matter)

I already said he need's to stop acting like an ass..And he will get on the field.

It is a big deal unless his poopies don't stink and he has 16 games locked up renegotiating contract next year for big bucks and 16 more. The game mattered plenty for anyone working, and I thought last week if he'd stop acting like an ass he'd get on the field but he missed even more time.

It's a plenty big deal to Mr. Dareus who couldn't get on the field and made no diff once he did.

GvilleBills
12-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Huge fan of #99, but this garbage. Not helping your teammates when you're sitting out.
Horrible offsides on the FG att, he needs to get his **** together.

Another question this offseason could do without...

Turf
12-30-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Darius jumped offside on purpose. He literally is one of the top 3 talents on this team. Maybe he just wants out for his own sake.

BertSquirtgum
12-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Anyone else change their opinion of him yet? I decided to lay off for awhile until the end of the season. Rushing defense wasn't any better when he came into the game. Definitely a lazy bastard. Not good for the Bills.

Historian
12-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Benching him for a half isn't going to do any good....this isn't college.

And Darius probably makes more than Marone.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Locker room cancer.

He'll be the next guy that pulls a Peters, Byrd.

BTW, CJ has one year left on his contract. Action Jackson is not getting any younger.

The Bills will be drafting RB at some point this draft.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2013, 05:55 AM
I still cant believe the Bills selected Dareus before AJ Green. Whats even more incredible is that most fans supported OBD's choice.

God, what a bunch of idiots.

Not this fan.

11 of the top 16 picks in the 2011 NFL Draft have made the Pro-Bowl.
The 5 who haven't.

5. Marcell Dareus DT
8. Jake Locker QB
10. Blaine Gabbert QB
12. Christian Ponder QB
13. Nick Fairly DT

kishoph
12-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Anyone else change their opinion of him yet? I decided to lay off for awhile until the end of the season. Rushing defense wasn't any better when he came into the game. Definitely a lazy bastard. Not good for the Bills.

No way do I condone what he did, but saying he's a "lazy bastard" because he's 2 minutes late for a meeting ?

Cleve
12-30-2013, 06:08 AM
Well, Dareus certainly made his presence felt in the 2nd half with that idiotic penalty that changed 3 points to 7 points, and had a negative impact on the outcome of the game. LOL

X-Era
12-30-2013, 11:27 AM
6.49 cap hit next year, issues off the field, productive on the field. All of his cap hit is dead money if cut.

He's got real trade value if we don't think he's the right kind of character on the Bills anymore.

ICRockets
12-30-2013, 11:35 AM
On the field, he just had one of the best seasons of any DT in 2013. It's offseason time, I say we give him a chance to mature- it's not like he's 30, the guys like 25 years old- and if the preparation issues don't change, then he doesn't get a 2nd contract from the Bills. Marrone is a guy who can change cultures. I'm not very worried about whether or not Dareus is capable of growth.

stuckincincy
12-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Get 'em an alarm clock.

stuckincincy
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Not this fan.

11 of the top 16 picks in the 2011 NFL Draft have made the Pro-Bowl.
The 5 who haven't.

5. Marcell Dareus DT
8. Jake Locker QB
10. Blaine Gabbert QB
12. Christian Ponder QB
13. Nick Fairly DT

Lesson: Don't draft Alabama players. Their power-packed roster in recent years makes everybody look good.

BertSquirtgum
12-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Locker room cancer.

He'll be the next guy that pulls a Peters, Byrd.

BTW, CJ has one year left on his contract. Action Jackson is not getting any younger.

The Bills will be drafting RB at some point this draft.

Wrong. He is signed until the end of 2015.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Wrong. He is signed until the end of 2015.

According to the post game show on the radio 2015 is voided due to Spiller meeting incentives.

Skooby
12-30-2013, 08:01 PM
According to the post game show on the radio 2015 is voided due to Spiller meeting incentives.

Oh no, here we go.

The Jokeman
12-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Lesson: Don't draft Alabama players. Their power-packed roster in recent years makes everybody look good.

EEK looks like we got the best of the non Pro Bowl lot. I understand why people are quick to hate on Dareus but in all honestly think he gets a bad rep. 71 tackles and 7.0 sacks for a DT is an outstanding season. A shame we don't have the LB behind him to make this a better rushing defense. As let's remember when we had top of the line Ds we had guys like Cowart, London Fletcher and TKO, Yet everyone tends to forget that.

stuckincincy
12-31-2013, 04:58 AM
EEK looks like we got the best of the non Pro Bowl lot. I understand why people are quick to hate on Dareus but in all honestly think he gets a bad rep. 71 tackles and 7.0 sacks for a DT is an outstanding season. A shame we don't have the LB behind him to make this a better rushing defense. As let's remember when we had top of the line Ds we had guys like Cowart, London Fletcher and TKO, Yet everyone tends to forget that.

I like Dareus well enough. If BUF didn't draft him #3 in '11, he wouldn't have lasted one or two more spots.

Beebe's Kid
01-02-2014, 01:54 AM
I love this thread. Seriously. Seeing people taking his being late to work so hard is kind of odd. I'd say get the **** over yourself, Marrone, but that's just me. I missed the game, so I missed all of this happening. This would have been a non-issue before the time of hyper-analyzing everything a player does.

Interesting how people already figured the cap hit on him. When he got drafted, it was all about progression. He has shown that, and people are figuring out the cap hit before the end of his rookie contract.

And you wonder why we can't have nice things.

stuckincincy
01-02-2014, 05:46 AM
I love this thread. Seriously. Seeing people taking his being late to work so hard is kind of odd. I'd say get the **** over yourself, Marrone, but that's just me. I missed the game, so I missed all of this happening. This would have been a non-issue before the time of hyper-analyzing everything a player does.

Interesting how people already figured the cap hit on him. When he got drafted, it was all about progression. He has shown that, and people are figuring out the cap hit before the end of his rookie contract.

Repeatedly showing up late for meetings shows disdain and disrespect of others. Period.

In this world, if you want respect, you give respect.

JediMindPowers
01-02-2014, 07:26 PM

I get to watch a lot of Lions games. Fairley had a really good season. The light clearly came on for him in 2013.

jimmifli
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
This makes me more worried about Marrone than Dareus. It sounds like this season's version of the "GreGGaphone", but instead of treating players like college kids during training camp Marrones starts doing it in week 16.

Historian
01-03-2014, 07:02 AM
I agree jimmi, and that's why I do not like when they hire first time HCs.

Discipline is needed to be sure, but this isn't college. The players make more than the coaches, and they know it.

They control his destiny, not the other way around.

jimmifli
01-03-2014, 11:11 AM
I agree jimmi, and that's why I do not like when they hire first time HCs.

Discipline is needed to be sure, but this isn't college. The players make more than the coaches, and they know it.

They control his destiny, not the other way around.

Responsibility with authority is easy because it's not real leadership, it's just supervision.

Responsibility without authority is MUCH tougher. That's real leadership. It takes inspiration and buy in. So far I don't see that.

HAMMER
01-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Dareus is good. People complaining about his production this year don't understand football, period.

OpIv37
01-03-2014, 11:35 AM

His being late to work kept him off the football field for 3 quarters over a two game span, both division games. That negatively affects the team, so fans should care about that.