PDA

View Full Version : You Want Manuel, Lewis or your next QB of Choice to Succeed Next Year ?

Night Train
12-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Fix the RUN DEFENSE first..or NONE of them will succeed playing QB from behind.

YardRat
12-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Get a real MLB, kick Kiko outside, and a FS that fits the system. Add a couple of linemen for the offense, and any QB will have a chance to win.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Another theory that is absolutely wrong...

Ravens 20th ranked rush defense last year...Superbowl Champs.

Giants 19th ranked rush defense in 2011...Superbowl Champs.

Packers 18th ranked rush defense in 2010...Superbowl Champs.

Saints 21st ranked rush defense in 2009...Superbowl Champs.

Beebe's Kid
12-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Get a real MLB, kick Kiko outside, and a FS that fits the system. Add a couple of linemen for the offense, and any QB will have a chance to win.

I don't think Byrd is the problem...but I guess when you have an axe to grind, you've got to grind it.

BillsFever21
12-29-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't think Byrd is the problem...but I guess when you have an axe to grind, you've got to grind it.

It's just the "player wants paid or will no longer be a Buffalo Bill" syndrome with too many around here. Once they want paid, doesn't want to be in Buffalo or Buffalo doesn't re-sign them then they automatically become a horrible player. If they re-sign with Buffalo or sign as a FA with Buffalo they're automatically better then they really are.

YardRat
12-29-2013, 06:12 PM
It's just the "player wants paid or will no longer be a Buffalo Bill" syndrome with too many around here. Once they want paid, doesn't want to be in Buffalo or Buffalo doesn't re-sign them then they automatically become a horrible player. If they re-sign with Buffalo or sign as a FA with Buffalo they're automatically better then they really are.

Pretty sure my posting history excludes me from that group, but feel free to generalize if it makes you feel better.

Night Train
12-29-2013, 06:46 PM
43 Carries
267 Yards

Who is hiring Pettine as a HC again ? I don't want the Colts D from the last 12 years...We don't have Peyton Manning and a loaded O to overcome it.

sudzy
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Another theory that is absolutely wrong...

Ravens 20th ranked rush defense last year...Superbowl Champs.

Giants 19th ranked rush defense in 2011...Superbowl Champs.

Packers 18th ranked rush defense in 2010...Superbowl Champs.

Saints 21st ranked rush defense in 2009...Superbowl Champs.

There you go bringing facts to a bull**** fight again.

sudzy
12-29-2013, 07:04 PM
What did all of those teams have in common? Good years out of their QBs

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 07:07 PM
What did all of those teams have in common? Good years out of their QBs

That's what wins in the NFL...not this 4 yards and a cloud of dust and stopping the other teams running game 1970's NFL mentality some people still have.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Pettine can get a HC interview, in Canada.

YardRat
12-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Games are won and lost in the trenches, and they always will be.

Even if a person never watched a football game in their life, but watched the Bills last two games of this season, they would realize that.

Thad Lewis or Tom Brady, when your team dominates the line of scrimmage, you usually win.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Games are won and lost in the trenches, and they always will be.

Even if a person never watched a football game in their life, but watched the Bills last two games of this season, they would realize that.

Thad Lewis or Tom Brady, when your team dominates the line of scrimmage, you usually win.

They are?

Baltimore Ravens last year 38 sacks allowed 37 sacks for 11th in rushing 20th in rushing allowed. Superbowl.

Buffalo Bills last year 30 sacks allowed 36 sacks for 6th in rushing 30th in rushing allowed. Bottom Feeder.

At worst you can say the Bills in the trenches were equal to the Ravens overall.

Why did they win the Superbowl and the Bills sucked if the trenches are what matter?

It's a QB driven league and the good ones get paid, which is why Flacco had the brinks truck backed up for him.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 08:09 PM
They are?

Baltimore Ravens last year 38 sacks allowed 37 sacks for 11th in rushing 20th in rushing allowed. Superbowl.

Buffalo Bills last year 30 sacks allowed 36 sacks for 6th in rushing 30th in rushing allowed. Bottom Feeder.

At worst you can say the Bills in the trenches were equal to the Ravens overall.

Why did they win the Superbowl and the Bills sucked if the trenches are what matter?

It's a QB driven league and the good ones get paid, which is why Flacco had the brinks truck backed up for him.

Flacco got to sodomize the B truck driver as well, that's how much owned them.

TigerJ
12-30-2013, 09:28 AM
My thoughts: Mr. Pink has a point with the rankings on run defense of the last 4 Super Bowl winners, but at this point in time, the Bills are way too inconsistent on run defense. I'll bet none of the last four Super Bowl winners gave up 260 yards on the ground in the Super Bowl. Whether it is a personnel issue or the players we have just need to play with more discipline, I don't know. The other issue I wonder about is weather. New England handled it. Buffalo did not. Here, I think personnel is at least a minor factor. Blount had a huge day. Buffalo went with two running backs, neither of whom bears any resemblance to Blount. Maybe Wingo should have gotten some touches Sunday. Buffalo had more drops in the game by far. Yes, the cold rain made the ball less catchable, but again, New England did a better job of dealing with the conditions. Was it an equipment issue, New England having better gloves? Was it a matter of Tom Brady throwing a more catchable ball, or Bill Belichick paying more attention to having players catch the ball in cold wet conditions in practice? I don't know, but there was a difference, and I don't think it was so much a difference in the ability of the receivers.

WagonCircler
12-30-2013, 10:21 AM
My thoughts: Mr. Pink has a point with the rankings on run defense of the last 4 Super Bowl winners, but at this point in time, the Bills are way too inconsistent on run defense. I'll bet none of the last four Super Bowl winners gave up 260 yards on the ground in the Super Bowl. Whether it is a personnel issue or the players we have just need to play with more discipline, I don't know. The other issue I wonder about is weather. New England handled it. Buffalo did not. Here, I think personnel is at least a minor factor. Blount had a huge day. Buffalo went with two running backs, neither of whom bears any resemblance to Blount. Maybe Wingo should have gotten some touches Sunday. Buffalo had more drops in the game by far. Yes, the cold rain made the ball less catchable, but again, New England did a better job of dealing with the conditions. Was it an equipment issue, New England having better gloves? Was it a matter of Tom Brady throwing a more catchable ball, or Bill Belichick paying more attention to having players catch the ball in cold wet conditions in practice? I don't know, but there was a difference, and I don't think it was so much a difference in the ability of the receivers.

How is everyone missing the point? The difference in the game was Special Teams. Ours suck, theirs don't.

As a RB, Blount had a good game. Not a monster game. His kick returns were the difference in the game.

Bill Cody
12-30-2013, 10:31 AM
As a RB, Blount had a good game. Not a monster game.

189 yards rushing on 24 carries fits my definition of monster. You can't win giving up almost 8 yards per carry.

justasportsfan
12-30-2013, 10:33 AM
I kinda think it's QB first and everything else is 2nd.

Bill Cody
12-30-2013, 10:34 AM

Run defense is a big problem but without an elite QB you are doomed. Manuel's going to get another year to make a big jump regardless of what folks here think. To me the jury is still out on him. That remains the single biggest issue on the team.

EDS
12-30-2013, 10:36 AM

Well, if you have a great QB who can allow your team to play with a lead then the run defense is less important because the opponent will need to pass to catch-up. worked for Indy with Manning at QB for many years.

Meathead
12-30-2013, 10:41 AM
an elite qb is the easiest way to win now but its not the only way. a good qb on a good team also has a chance. admittedly its probably one-third the chance of the former but its there

and of course my preference is to have ej become good enough to be at least the 'good' guy we would need bc hes already on the roster

my question is why kiko to the outside? i havent been reading many of the threads so perhaps its in there but right now i dont get that

WagonCircler
12-30-2013, 10:43 AM
my question is why kiko to the outside? i havent been reading many of the threads so perhaps its in there but right now i dont get that

Size matters.