You Want Manuel, Lewis or your next QB of Choice to Succeed Next Year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

You Want Manuel, Lewis or your next QB of Choice to Succeed Next Year ?

Fix the RUN DEFENSE first..or NONE of them will succeed playing QB from behind.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: You Want Manuel, Lewis or your next QB of Choice to Succeed Next Year ?

Get a real MLB, kick Kiko outside, and a FS that fits the system. Add a couple of linemen for the offense, and any QB will have a chance to win.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Another theory that is absolutely wrong...

Ravens 20th ranked rush defense last year...Superbowl Champs.

Giants 19th ranked rush defense in 2011...Superbowl Champs.

Packers 18th ranked rush defense in 2010...Superbowl Champs.

Saints 21st ranked rush defense in 2009...Superbowl Champs.
      Last edited by Mr. Pink; 12-29-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        Get a real MLB, kick Kiko outside, and a FS that fits the system. Add a couple of linemen for the offense, and any QB will have a chance to win.
        I don't think Byrd is the problem...but I guess when you have an axe to grind, you've got to grind it.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
          I don't think Byrd is the problem...but I guess when you have an axe to grind, you've got to grind it.
          It's just the "player wants paid or will no longer be a Buffalo Bill" syndrome with too many around here. Once they want paid, doesn't want to be in Buffalo or Buffalo doesn't re-sign them then they automatically become a horrible player. If they re-sign with Buffalo or sign as a FA with Buffalo they're automatically better then they really are.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
            It's just the "player wants paid or will no longer be a Buffalo Bill" syndrome with too many around here. Once they want paid, doesn't want to be in Buffalo or Buffalo doesn't re-sign them then they automatically become a horrible player. If they re-sign with Buffalo or sign as a FA with Buffalo they're automatically better then they really are.
            Pretty sure my posting history excludes me from that group, but feel free to generalize if it makes you feel better.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

43 Carries
              267 Yards

Who is hiring Pettine as a HC again ? I don't want the Colts D from the last 12 years...We don't have Peyton Manning and a loaded O to overcome it.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                Another theory that is absolutely wrong...

Ravens 20th ranked rush defense last year...Superbowl Champs.

Giants 19th ranked rush defense in 2011...Superbowl Champs.

Packers 18th ranked rush defense in 2010...Superbowl Champs.

Saints 21st ranked rush defense in 2009...Superbowl Champs.
                There you go bringing facts to a bull**** fight again.

Comment

• sudzy
                  • Apr 2013

What did all of those teams have in common? Good years out of their QBs

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                    What did all of those teams have in common? Good years out of their QBs
                    That's what wins in the NFL...not this 4 yards and a cloud of dust and stopping the other teams running game 1970's NFL mentality some people still have.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Pettine can get a HC interview, in Canada.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Games are won and lost in the trenches, and they always will be.

Even if a person never watched a football game in their life, but watched the Bills last two games of this season, they would realize that.

Thad Lewis or Tom Brady, when your team dominates the line of scrimmage, you usually win.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          Games are won and lost in the trenches, and they always will be.

Even if a person never watched a football game in their life, but watched the Bills last two games of this season, they would realize that.

Thad Lewis or Tom Brady, when your team dominates the line of scrimmage, you usually win.
                          They are?

Baltimore Ravens last year 38 sacks allowed 37 sacks for 11th in rushing 20th in rushing allowed. Superbowl.

Buffalo Bills last year 30 sacks allowed 36 sacks for 6th in rushing 30th in rushing allowed. Bottom Feeder.

At worst you can say the Bills in the trenches were equal to the Ravens overall.

Why did they win the Superbowl and the Bills sucked if the trenches are what matter?

It's a QB driven league and the good ones get paid, which is why Flacco had the brinks truck backed up for him.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            They are?

Baltimore Ravens last year 38 sacks allowed 37 sacks for 11th in rushing 20th in rushing allowed. Superbowl.

Buffalo Bills last year 30 sacks allowed 36 sacks for 6th in rushing 30th in rushing allowed. Bottom Feeder.

At worst you can say the Bills in the trenches were equal to the Ravens overall.

Why did they win the Superbowl and the Bills sucked if the trenches are what matter?

It's a QB driven league and the good ones get paid, which is why Flacco had the brinks truck backed up for him.
                            Flacco got to sodomize the B truck driver as well, that's how much owned them.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

My thoughts: Mr. Pink has a point with the rankings on run defense of the last 4 Super Bowl winners, but at this point in time, the Bills are way too inconsistent on run defense. I'll bet none of the last four Super Bowl winners gave up 260 yards on the ground in the Super Bowl. Whether it is a personnel issue or the players we have just need to play with more discipline, I don't know. The other issue I wonder about is weather. New England handled it. Buffalo did not. Here, I think personnel is at least a minor factor. Blount had a huge day. Buffalo went with two running backs, neither of whom bears any resemblance to Blount. Maybe Wingo should have gotten some touches Sunday. Buffalo had more drops in the game by far. Yes, the cold rain made the ball less catchable, but again, New England did a better job of dealing with the conditions. Was it an equipment issue, New England having better gloves? Was it a matter of Tom Brady throwing a more catchable ball, or Bill Belichick paying more attention to having players catch the ball in cold wet conditions in practice? I don't know, but there was a difference, and I don't think it was so much a difference in the ability of the receivers.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X