Novacane
12-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Mike Evans please! Or Mack

DraftBoy
12-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Let the Mock Draft season begin...

YardRat
12-29-2013, 06:50 PM
As much as I'd like to see Mack in a Bills uniform as a fan, he just doesn't improve the team in the areas they need help the most.

Gotta go OT, DT or MLB.

RedEyE
12-29-2013, 06:52 PM
****! Not ready for this **** yet.

kingJofNYC
12-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Another year in the top 10. Another player that won't be here past his rookie deal, or he'll be a bust/reach ala Maybin/Manuel.

BillsFever21
12-29-2013, 06:53 PM
The Bills are in a time warp and it's like watching Groundhog Day over and over again. Another year and another 6 wins give or take along with the 8th - 10th pick in the draft.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Blake Bortles or Derek Carr thanks.

kingJofNYC
12-29-2013, 06:54 PM
with you on Bortles

Novacane
12-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Blake Bortles or Derek Carr thanks.

There's no way in hell they do that.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Oh no, We suck again.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
with you on Bortles

I'm thinking one of the two goes to Cleveland at pick 4, don't know which one.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no way in hell they do that.

No probably not. And we'll waste another year with Glass KneeJ behind Center or on the bench.

WagonCircler
12-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Same as it ever was!

Same as it ever was.

coastal
12-29-2013, 06:56 PM
We should be talking about organizing a boycott next year.

sudzy
12-29-2013, 06:59 PM
I wish I could pull a name out that will get the Bills into the playoffs, but I can't. Bottom line is they need to get better in the passing game, (QB and WR). Better in run defense. Better in coaching in all 3 phases.

T-Long
12-29-2013, 06:59 PM
or maybe a billboard

Mace
12-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Mike Evans please! Or Mack

They'll grab Jim Shorts, CB from Bryant and Stratton, North Boise of Miami, Arizona, Camarines Norte, Phillipines.

The punter from Camarines Sur was the guy to get.

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Trade down and take LB CJ Mosley or OT Taylor Lewan or TE Eric Ebron.

RedEyE
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
They'll grab Jim Shorts, CB from Bryant and Stratton, North Boise of Miami, Arizona, Camarines Norte, Phillipines.

The punter from Camarines Sur was the guy to get.Of course. Thats how you out think the opposition. (Sarcasm)

The Popcorn
12-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Is #9 high enough to get Sammy Watkins? The Bills need a #1 WR.

RedEyE
12-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Please no Mack from the MAC. I know he is a local favorite but this guy has hardly been tested.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Please no Mack from the MAC. I know he is a local favorite but this guy has hardly been tested.

Like Kiko.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-29-2013, 07:08 PM
O line is horrendous. Did our young qbs no favors this year. LB or NT. Number 1 receiver is nice but can't help you when the qb is on his f***ing back all the time due to the turn style that is our o line.... Or if your qb can't get him the ball

YardRat
12-29-2013, 07:10 PM
There may not be a DT or MLB out there this year worth that high of a pick, unless Mosley can play heavier and stronger than Kiko at the same weight. Defense may wait until the second round, which would make Kouandijo or Lewan the pick for OT.

The Popcorn
12-29-2013, 07:14 PM
O line is horrendous. Did our young qbs no favors this year. LB or NT. Number 1 receiver is nice but can't help you when the qb is on his f***ing back all the time due to the turn style that is our o line.... Or if your qb can't get him the ball

There's plenty of OL help in this draft.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-29-2013, 07:17 PM
There's plenty of OL help in this draft.

I'm no draft expert but if thats the case thats where we need to go first. Also instead of dancing for half an hour behind the line for half an hour cj can just hit a damn hole because they will be there quicker now too hopefully. (If they upgrade the line that is)

The Jokeman
12-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Like Kiko.

Umm Kiko played in the Pac-10 er Pac-12. In terms of Mack. The guy was tested when he played and dominated Ohio State.

TedMock
12-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Like Kiko.

?

BillsFever21
12-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Like Kiko.

Yeah Oregon is such a tiny program in a horrible conference. You can't be serious.

cookie G
12-29-2013, 07:22 PM

He was tested against Baylor. They had nearly 500 yards in the 1st half. Seastrunk had 150 yards rushing before they pulled him in the 2nd quarter...

That's not really fair though, I suppose. Whoever scheduled that game for Buffalo should be fired. Sending a team from Buffalo to the 100 degree heat of Texas in September was cruel and unusual punishment.

Skooby
I like what happened with Kiko & think that Mack could help secure a position that's been lacking for many years. Personally speaking, I'd like a QB in the first round.

coastal
Greg Robinson Auburn

YardRat
12-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Greg Robinson Auburn

Will he declare?

X-Era
12-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Watkins
Evans
Mack
Ebron
Lee
Kouandjio

In that order

kingJofNYC
12-29-2013, 08:24 PM
One of Evans, Watkins, Ebron, Amaro, Robinson (no doubt he declares) will be there, one of them should be the pick.

Need a QB in a bad way, but they're married to EJ.

more cowbell
12-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Doesn't matter who we pick. He'll suck. And the guy picked after him will be an elite player.

Yay bills!

coastal
12-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Will he declare?
Hope is a good thing.

alohabillsfan
12-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Need a QB

Mace
12-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Is #9 high enough to get Sammy Watkins? The Bills need a #1 WR.

Says you, Mister, they need that CB from Camarines Norte.

alohabillsfan
12-29-2013, 09:03 PM
What QB do they take at #9??

WagonCircler
12-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Hope is a good thing.

Now YOU are quoting Shawshank?

coastal
12-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Now YOU are quoting Shawshank?
I'm a hot mess.

stuckincincy
12-30-2013, 05:16 AM
He was tested against Baylor. They had nearly 500 yards in the 1st half. Seastrunk had 150 yards rushing before they pulled him in the 2nd quarter...

That's not really fair though, I suppose. Whoever scheduled that game for Buffalo should be fired. Sending a team from Buffalo to the 100 degree heat of Texas in September was cruel and unusual punishment.

I'd imagine the appearance fee approached seven figures...

TacklingDummy
12-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Welcome to Buffalo #9 Mike Evans and (with the Byrd trade) Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina.

Night Train
12-30-2013, 08:04 AM
I just hope the QB and WR you're all rooting for is good at stopping the run.

X-Era
12-30-2013, 08:42 AM
No way to ignore the need to improve the run defense. I can't point to any specific spot that needs upgrading other than OLB. I'd like Bradham to be on the bench with a better player added at his spot. Lawson has done well for us.

Several of the big Blount runs had Leonhard as the guy to make the tackle once he broke through the line. Why in the hell is a S your primary second level guy on Blount? It felt like a scheme mismatch to me. But, Bradham has been silent and we need another play maker at OLB. We can and should add another pass rusher but we really need a run stuffer. Ideally, I'd like to have both in one.

On the DL we could add a big 3 tech. But overall we have very solid players.

Just not totally clear to me what we need to do.

Mahdi
12-30-2013, 09:09 AM
No way to ignore the need to improve the run defense. I can't point to any specific spot that needs upgrading other than OLB. I'd like Bradham to be on the bench with a better player added at his spot. Lawson has done well for us.

Several of the big Blount runs had Leonhard as the guy to make the tackle once he broke through the line. Why in the hell is a S your primary second level guy on Blount? It felt like a scheme mismatch to me. But, Bradham has been silent and we need another play maker at OLB. We can and should add another pass rusher but we really need a run stuffer. Ideally, I'd like to have both in one.

We need a 2 gap NT. I think re-signing Alan Branch was very premature. We should have been waiting on FA and the draft to see if we could find a run stuffer first. Branch is average. And we also have Carrington coming back so not sure why this move was made.

better days
12-30-2013, 09:15 AM
We need a 2 gap NT. I think re-signing Alan Branch was very premature. We should have been waiting on FA and the draft to see if we could find a run stuffer first. Branch is average. And we also have Carrington coming back so not sure why this move was made.

Carrington is a FA & Eugene Parker is his agent.

VERY QUESTIONABLE that he is a Bill next year.

X-Era
12-30-2013, 10:51 AM
We need a 2 gap NT. I think re-signing Alan Branch was very premature. We should have been waiting on FA and the draft to see if we could find a run stuffer first. Branch is average. And we also have Carrington coming back so not sure why this move was made.I went with drafting McCullers in my off-season thread. I agree we don't have a monster DT. Jay Ross was probably the closest thing. Now it would be Branch who's listed at 6' 6" 320. I think the draft is the most likely route for a situational NT. I say situational because we run multiple fronts and 4-3 looks often. With the money we spent across the line and now with Branch, I just don't think we spend new FA money at DT. DE I could see but not DT.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Mike Evans will not only do that, he will held defend the pass, by helping our offense extend drives, he will also be a threat in the Red Zone. Granted all of this depends greatly on KneeJ getting him the ball.

stuckincincy
12-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Lawson has done well for us.

That's nice to hear.

He doesn't have much in the way of pass coverage skills, but was a well-liked player with CIN who played the best he could. I see he recorded 73 total, 52 solo tackles and 4 sacks for BUF. Folks here didn't lament his leaving, because at the time OLB Emmanuel Lamur was penciled in and Burfict was coming off a decent rookie outing. Lamur went out on IR before season start, so in retrospect they would have liked to have kept Manny. My 2 cents.

paladin warrior
12-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Trade Steve J for draft .. 1st OL. 2nd WR. 3rd T,E 4th OLB. 5th S .6th OT .. 7??

coastal
12-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Trading down for an extra second better be the strategy again.

We need to hit on two second round picks like we did with Kiko and Woods again.

stuckincincy
12-30-2013, 02:21 PM

I think so.

stuckincincy
12-30-2013, 02:22 PM

I think so.

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2013, 03:33 PM
We should be talking about organizing a boycott next year.
You know that will never happen. There will be a new crop of UDFAs and a few draft picks that people will be comparing to HOF'ers all through the preseason. It happens every year, and people think that the time has finally arrived.

I have a feeling the Bills are going to create more holes for themselves than they fix. I mean like in reality, and not what the same old posters see as potential and high ceiling players that just need to focus on their footwork.

And as to who we draft, all I care is that his hands are the right size for his position. That discussion never gets old...time for the BZ scouts to start breaking down tape!! Or YouTube highlight videos in most cases...

DraftBoy
12-30-2013, 04:41 PM

Agreed, I think another move is likely. I think targeting teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Baltimore who may need only one guy and could afford 2-3 picks for a top 10 pick would be a good idea.

YardRat
12-30-2013, 05:51 PM

If you're referring to when Leonard replaced Byrd at FS, that's not the way the scheme is supposed to work. Cover 1 puts the FS in the middle of the field as a safety valve and last resort. If the defensive line can't swallow blocks and plug gaps, it's the LBers responsibility (especially MLB's) to fill, or shed and tackle if a lineman or FB gets to the second level. Ideally, the cover 1 FS is never making that play, but it will happen, and when it does you need a guy back there that is capable of reading the play, getting to the spot, and making the tackle.

This team has three major flaws with it's run defense, and they all occur up the middle. They don't have a beast NT that requires double-teaming standing still and taking up space, they have interior linemen (K.Williams most notably) that really on quicks and technique to shoot gaps. That may close off a specific hole, but simultaneously it leaves another wide open that RB's found all season. At the second level, Kiko has the same downfall as KW...he's too light in the ass to stand up at the point of the attack. Tries to use speed and finesse instead of strength (which he lacks). Again, this may close off one direction for the RB to cut, but it opens up a nice hole at the second level for the RB to cut through. Finally, and this is the main reason why I don't feel Byrd is worth retaining, we don't have a FS with the skill set combo necessary to be a cover1 safety valve. The FS has to be excellent at reading and reacting, and fast enough to get to the second level hole as it opens up or enough closing speed to make up ground and drag down the RB before he gets to the end zone.

Leonard is smart, but he's lost a step or two. Byrd was frequently caught out of position, biting on motion or pass routes instead of recognizing the run, and by the time he did he didn't have the speed to catch up. If he isn't the slowest safety in the league, he's close. He's a much better fit in a cover 2 when he only has to pay attention to and cover half of the field, not the entire back end.

We need a fat-ass space-eater in the middle on the line to clog things up. We need a MLB that can hold his own at the second level point of attack. Stand up the blocker, hold his ground, let the RB choose a side, react, shed and tackle. We also need a FS that can find the ball quicker than Byrd, and has the speed to get to the ball carrier, whether that's right at or after the second level or beyond.

YardRat
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Watkins
Evans
Mack
Ebron
Lee
Kouandjio

In that order

One of Evans, Watkins, Ebron, Amaro, Robinson (no doubt he declares) will be there, one of them should be the pick.

Need a QB in a bad way, but they're married to EJ.

Those are the only two I would consider, and I'd only think about Watkins if there is a really early run on linemen.