Is it an open competition between EJ and Thad now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Is it an open competition between EJ and Thad now?

It should be! Thad is just as inexperienced as Ej and looks way more poised in the pocket. He played well today in **** weather. Big drops hurt him too. EJ hasn't earned anything!
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Is it an open competition between EJ and Thad now?

They both suck.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Lewis isn't the answer. Unless Manuel is injured again or totally blows next year then you won't see Lewis on the field. Especially not after putting a 1st round pick in him. They will give him another year to see what he has.
      Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-29-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
        They both suck.
        Neither one of them is astounding, so add Tuel, Kolb, Dixon and Chuckie Keeton from Utah State into the mix. This is going to be a cage match QB competition of bad QB's and you know Jacoby Brissett from NC State is going to be in there.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

I'd honestly start Kolb next year if they aren't going to bring anyone else in.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

If you think there should be an open competition between Lewis & Manuel, what you're really saying is the Bills need a QB & neither one is the answer. Lewis is strictly backup material. If EJ and him are close, it means EJ's backup material too & we must do better than both of them. If on the other hand, you think EJ is much better or will be by next year, then there is no competition & you give EJ one more year.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
              • Mar 2007

Thad looked pretty bad today other than a few throws. I dont think EJ or Thad has a leg up on the other at this point.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Marrone will let them compete he won't crown anyone
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

If a competition does exist then one of them needs to get their head out of their ass and start playing football. Thad churns like a poor man's Fittzpatrick - all heart and no consistency. EJ seems to play entirely too conservative almost fearful at times like he doesn't trust himself. That and his durability has to be question mark. 3 knee injuries in one season? Who does that?

I still say this is EJs team to lose but his time is growing short. If he wows in training camp next season only to bust out of the gates slow he is going to quickly lose the patience of the coaching staff.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Please... EJ is their guy.

they drafted him. They're going to invest in the oline and perhaps WR or TE.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

If one of them wins, we lose.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by lightningbolt444 View Post
                        Thad looked pretty bad today other than a few throws. I dont think EJ or Thad has a leg up on the other at this point.
                        Brady didn't look all that good except when he was throwing to Edelman. That said I think Thad proved today he is an average backup QB which is all we should really expect from him to be. Again people that are claiming Thad is better than EJ, it's expected he's been toiling around in the NFL since 2010. EJ's a rookie and offers a whole lot more upside and that's why he's our starter. Just give this offense some better receiving options (thanks to TJ and Chandler and their drops today for making my point) and we might be in the Wild Card discussion next season as long as the D also improves.
                        Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-29-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

I hope not. Both are not NFL caliber starters. End of discussion.
                          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• The Beef
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by lightningbolt444 View Post
                            Thad looked pretty bad today other than a few throws.
                            No he didn't. The gameplay was ultra conservative in the first half.

He he got killed by two big drops by Chandler and Graham. He had multiple chunk yardage plays today.

The ru. Defense looked bad today. The kick coverage unit was horrible.

Thad was above average in absolutely terrible weather.

It is sad to say he's the best QB on the roster right now, but it's true.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

I should hope not. Thad looked crappy today

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by The Beef View Post
                              No he didn't. The gameplay was ultra conservative in the first half.

He he got killed by two big drops by Chandler and Graham. He had multiple chunk yardage plays today.

The ru. Defense looked bad today. The kick coverage unit was horrible.

Thad was above average in absolutely terrible weather.

It is sad to say he's the best QB on the roster right now, but it's true.
                              No he did look crappy

Comment

Working...
                              X