PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Tom Donahoe

IAG
12-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Tom Donahoe, a part of the personnel department of the Eagles, goes to the playoffs next week. I have always been a support of Donahoe and think that the talent base was excellent when he was here. His job was cut short in Buffalo. While many will rip this post, TD goes to the playoffs next week and I cannot be happier for him.

Donahoe was brought into help remake a defense into 3-4. It was a tough task, but the Eagles defense came to the party in Week 17.

Congrats Tom. Here is hoping your protege, Doug Whaley, continues his strong work in Buffalo.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah whatever.

IAG
12-29-2013, 10:23 PM
He is a great talent evaluator and had great players here. Wilson cut him off in the wallet.

Luisito23
12-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Wanna succeed in the NFL? Get as far as you can from Buffalo.

Be it players, coaches, management, or mascots, just get away.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 10:25 PM
He is a great talent evaluator and had great players here. Wilson cut him off in the wallet.

I think you're all wet.

IAG
12-29-2013, 10:27 PM
It was tough exit for him and I am happy for him.

Night Train
12-29-2013, 10:30 PM
TD made a lot of picks that bombed, overruling his scouts. Mike Williams, Roscoe..the list goes on. Bledsoe was good for 7 games, then tanked.

He didn't do us any favors. His coaching hires were terrible.

Skooby
12-29-2013, 10:31 PM
TD made a lot of picks that bombed, overruling his scouts. Mike Williams, Roscoe..the list goes on. Bledsoe was good for 7 games, then tanked.

He didn't do us any favors. His coaching hires were terrible.

Ditchwater choices, he was GFS.

Mace
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Can't get real excited about Donahoe unless he was purposely dorking off here to further his career which is silly. Chipster and Foles seem awfully lucky for a guy who went Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Drew Bledsoe, Kelly Holcomb and positioned us for LosmanJauron. Yeah he did good work.

Historian
12-30-2013, 04:32 AM
Donahoe wrecked this team beyond repair.

IAG
12-30-2013, 04:36 AM
I will never get the hate toward him. Last time you were over .500 he was at the helm.

YardRat
12-30-2013, 05:35 AM
Donahoe did more damage to this team than Brandon and Levy combined when they held the GM positions.

Thurmal
12-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Donahoe did more damage to this team than Brandon and Levy combined when they held the GM positions.
I really have to disagree. Donahoe at least fielded a competent team. Levy's tenure as GM was abysmal.

Albany,n.y.
12-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Donahoe's tenure was marked by treating fans like garbage when they went to the games. Any show of disapproval of him or his employees was met with a threat to kick you out of the stadium. They banned any banners critical of the Bills. I used to have seats in the 1st row club level endzone. One day in December it snowed & from my seat I was able to write in the snow on the roof of indoor seats below "Fire Mularkey". Security came over & made me erase it with a threat of expulsion. Ralph specifically addressed Donahoe's disrespect of the fans when he let him go.

justasportsfan
12-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I never had a problem with Donahoe's player evaluation. I had a problem with his thirst for complete power which led to his crappy decisions in picking coaches who were were "Yes Ma'aam"

IAG
12-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Funny that Tom won in Pitt and has a major hand in rebuilding...on the fly...the Philly front seven...yet he sucks for people here.

Mace
12-30-2013, 05:45 PM
I really have to disagree. Donahoe at least fielded a competent team. Levy's tenure as GM was abysmal.

It's real old news that Levy wasn't a GM as GM's go, he was a figurehead, face of reassurance for the fan base with the personnel decisions based through Jauron and company, though it was just as abysmal anyway. I personally was never happy with Levy as a coach, give him props for what we had when we had it and throwing his headset in frothing, spitting rage, which was always personally motivating, blame him for super bowl losses, but never really figure he was a GM though he got to wear the hat a short while.

Goobylal
12-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Yeah, congrats to Tom Donahoe for knocking Tony Romo out the week before. Because that's the only reason the Eagles got into the playoffs.

RedEyE
12-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Donahoe bailed us out of the cap hell that Butler left us in. Other than being a nice guy that's the only positive I have.

In his wake he left a 31-48 legacy. Drafted only 3 players to make the pro bowl. And should be infamously known for players such as: Josh Reed; Willis McGahee; Ryan Denney; Lee Evans; JP Losman; Mike Williams and let us not forget the Drew Bledsoe trade.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Sad part is if not for one meaningless victory in December 03 against the Jets, he would have drafted Roethlisberger, the Bills would be a perennial playoff team and he and maybe Mularkey would still be here today.

The Marv experiment and Dick Jauron era definitely would have never happened and neither would have Chan Gailey.

Bumbling Buddy? Wouldn't have bumbled here.

Mace
12-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Donahoe bailed us out of the cap hell that Butler left us in. Other than being a nice guy that's the only positive I have.

In his wake he left a 31-48 legacy. Drafted only 3 players to make the pro bowl. And should be infamously known for players such as: Josh Reed; Willis McGahee; Ryan Denney; Lee Evans; JP Losman; Mike Williams and let us not forget the Drew Bledsoe trade.

You know, I came to like Josh Reed though. He was terrible in the beginning, hands of concrete, then he started catching everything near him and taking vicious hits while hanging onto it, week after week. Reed really did improve and become a valuable player if not exactly glorious. Watched him real close, because I hated him at the start, came to wish they'd throw it to him more. I think they ruined Losman with coaching. Grab a mobile guy and make him a statue to replace the statue you want to replace with a mobile guy. Ryan Denney still annoys me though, and Mike Williams.

justasportsfan
12-30-2013, 07:14 PM
he and maybe Mularkey would still be here today.

Ha! Mr Cheeseburger was not then or now head coach material.

Mace
12-30-2013, 07:29 PM

Gave me a good laugh.

RedEyE
12-30-2013, 07:40 PM
You know, I came to like Josh Reed though. He was terrible in the beginning, hands of concrete, then he started catching everything near him and taking vicious hits while hanging onto it, week after week. Reed really did improve and become a valuable player if not exactly glorious. Watched him real close, because I hated him at the start, came to wish they'd throw it to him more. I think they ruined Losman with coaching. Grab a mobile guy and make him a statue to replace the statue you want to replace with a mobile guy. Ryan Denney still annoys me though, and Mike Williams.Reed had his moments. He was just another small wr. A dime a dozen.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2013, 07:44 PM

With Roethlisberger he would have at least replicated the 9 win output from Bledsoe in 04 into 05.

Which means he never quits and Levy never gets hired.

Mace
12-30-2013, 08:38 PM
With Roethlisberger he would have at least replicated the 9 win output from Bledsoe in 04 into 05.

Oh ho, Pink, but had Saban not quit, they'd not have promoted Ringo, which led to Knox, which led to Stephenson then Bullough then Levy, who led to Phillips but not Belichick because we had Phillips. Had we not delayed firing Phillips a year, we could have had Belichick and not Gregg Williams, meaning we could have drafted other people and run the division for 13 years with Tom Brady and a bunch of other better players.

justasportsfan
12-30-2013, 11:12 PM

Marv never gets hired but Malarkey wouldn't be here with or without Ben. Players quit on him both here and Falcons.

Mouldsie
12-31-2013, 01:22 AM
In one year as an assistant he TURNED THAT ORGANIZATION AROUND

streetkings01
12-31-2013, 08:29 AM
My issue with TD was he didn't know how to draft lineman. We had some of the worst offensive lineplay under his control. Sobieski, McFarland, Preston, Geisinger, Anderson, Teague, Williams, Pucillo, etc..

IAG
12-31-2013, 01:22 PM
My issue with TD was he didn't know how to draft lineman. We had some of the worst offensive lineplay under his control. Sobieski, McFarland, Preston, Geisinger, Anderson, Teague, Williams, Pucillo, etc..

Jonas Jennings was a good pick. A starter at LT from the 3rd round as compensatory pick?

DynaPaul
12-31-2013, 08:57 PM
He's not even the GM there. Don't give him so much credit.

bdutton
01-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Lee Evans was an excellent player. McGahee, while dumber than a box of rocks, was a very productive back and continued to be after he left Buffalo. Josh Reed was a disappointment but played well enough to be a starter for a while.

Bledsoe was the last decent QB this team had.

stuckincincy
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Lee Evans was an excellent player. McGahee, while dumber than a box of rocks, was a very productive back and continued to be after he left Buffalo. Josh Reed was a disappointment but played well enough to be a starter for a while.

Bledsoe was the last decent QB this team had.

Lee Evans couldn't deke Hellen Keller. Or fend off the Pillsbury doughboy.

bdutton
01-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Lee Evans couldn't deke Hellen Keller. Or fend off the Pillsbury doughboy.

According to this 2010 article he's the 3rd best receiver in Bills history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/401813-buffalo-bills-all-time-positional-rankings-the-top-five-wide-receivers/page/4

Generalissimus Gibby
01-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Ah **** him, got us out of cap hell (turns out it was just purgatory, turns out we are the only people in the world who get to go to purgatory before they go to Hell) and put us into mediocrity hell. He gave the team **** uniforms, **** players, **** coaches, and turned this team into ****. Then, when the fans protested the **** they saw, he cracked down on them. Damn, I hate him almost as much as I hate Ralph.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-02-2014, 04:33 PM
You know, I came to like Josh Reed though. He was terrible in the beginning, hands of concrete, then he started catching everything near him and taking vicious hits while hanging onto it, week after week. Reed really did improve and become a valuable player if not exactly glorious. Watched him real close, because I hated him at the start, came to wish they'd throw it to him more. I think they ruined Losman with coaching. Grab a mobile guy and make him a statue to replace the statue you want to replace with a mobile guy. Ryan Denney still annoys me though, and Mike Williams.

You forgot Tiny Tim the Pizza Man Anderson.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
I will never get the hate toward him. Last time you were over .500 he was at the helm.

That was due to the easiest schedule anyone has played in the past decade with the possible exception of this year's Kansas City Chiefs. ****, with that Schedule, the Chiefs probably go 13-3.

Bill Cody
01-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Donahoe drafted poorly overall here, hired lousy coaches and failed to build a decent offensive line for the last good QB we had here, Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe needed a solid line and Donahoe gave him a pile of crap but instead of fixing the line he drafted an arrogant ***** named JP Losman. But I will say Donahoe did do a good job signing free agents. Overall I'd give him a D+ because he was a nice guy.

IAG
01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Good luck to the Eagles tonight.

Goobylal
01-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Congrats, Tom Donahoe.

feldspar
01-07-2014, 10:22 AM
The Bills went 31-49 during Donahoe's tenure; the 31 wins tied with Cleveland for the third fewest in the NFL during that span. The guy hired Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey as coaches. His drafts in Buffalo were not good at all overall, and worst of all, he was a jerk that alienated the fanbase. He's the senior adviser for the Eagles or something like that...he's not really the reason the Eagles made the playoffs, and he can kiss my ass.

trapezeus
01-07-2014, 10:24 AM
donahoe was in a power struggle with cowher..cowher won and ended up winning a superbowl. Donahoe went on to do nothing. The eagles aren't his creation. perhaps if he was willing to have a strong coach, he could have done something as he put together a decent defense...but he also relied on free agents and the lack of development and poor coaching ensured that the draft picks wouldn't develop.

i have no ill will to the guy. but he didn't get it done. and the pitts history showed that he wasn't really the key piece. if anything, he held them back.