• Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Heads are rolling.

Gary Kubiak a few weeks ago.

Rob Chudzinski yesteday.
    Leslie Frazier, Mike Shannahan, Greg Schiano and Jim Schwartz today.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The King
    • Jun 2004

Re: Heads are rolling.

Lovie Smith is already being rumored for the Lions job, Ken Whisenhunt for the Houston job.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Lovie Smith is already being rumored for the Lions job, Ken Whisenhunt for the Houston job.
      How is it possible that the same retreads keep getting work? Is there some hidden rule where teams are only allowed to consider the same guys?

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

I don't know if we'll see quick signings a) because of the Rooney Rule, b) because of the playoffs, and c) because teams will probably go after Cowher and Gruden.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Can anybody in that group coach ST properly ?

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Look for a bidding war for Pettines services

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

I have a suspicion that todays Bills presser will roll some heads too...

Marrone said on 12/27 on WGR that he doesn't need an evaluation that on the plane back from NE he's on to 2014. Implied that changes will be made and possibly right away.

We may see several assitants cut today and even a few player cuts wouldn't surprise me. I think we may also hear that the Bills have no intention to re-sign Byrd.

All just my speculation.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Stevie, Chandler, Dareus, Hackett, and our st coach are gone.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                  I have a suspicion that todays Bills presser will roll some heads too...

Marrone said on 12/27 on WGR that he doesn't need an evaluation that on the plane back from NE he's on to 2014. Implied that changes will be made and possibly right away.

We may see several assitants cut today and even a few player cuts wouldn't surprise me. I think we may also hear that the Bills have no intention to re-sign Byrd.

All just my speculation.

ST coach should go but he's Marrones buddy so I doubt it. I wouldn't mind seeing Hackett go but highly unlikely. What other assistants deserve to go? Also wouldn't any announcement like that about Byrd hurt their tag and trade value?

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

"Heads vill rrrrroll!"

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

I think Pettine cost himself a job yesterday, he'll be back. Gruden is out he re-upped with ESPN and he's in beer ads.
                      It was all

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                        Would not surprise me.

I would not be surprised to hear them announce that Dareus and Stevie are on the block.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

I caught a bit of the Cleveland presser...that was brutal on multiple fronts.

The questions were brutal, even quoting fans from the Browns facebook page.

I think the answers were worse. "Trust us". "We'll stand on our track record" "Other teams have won with lesser QB's".

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post

I bet only one of the five are gone and I would not be surprised to see them all stay

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                              I caught a bit of the Cleveland presser...that was brutal on multiple fronts.

The questions were brutal, even quoting fans from the Browns facebook page.

I think the answers were worse. "Trust us". "We'll stand on our track record" "Other teams have won with lesser QB's".
                              Eh the lesser QB point is somewhat true...the Bills won 6 games with equal or worse QBing than the Browns.

There's more to the Chud firing than just those three answers though from what I've seen, read and heard.

He didn't hold players accountable, his team packed it up in the 2nd half of many games over the last 7 in the losing streak. The Jags game, the Pats game, the Jets game, the Bengals game and then they just completely failed to show up against the Steelers. He was told by management to bench or release Greg Little or Shawn Lavuao - did neither.

It's a firing that screams that they settled on the guy even though they didn't really want him after the Chip Kelly fiasco and that he did nothing over the course of the year to win them over.

Comment

Working...
                              X