• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

EJ to start in 2014

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/417722366949462016

"EJ Manuel: Has been told by Doug Marrone that he will start for 2014 #Bills."

EJ also not sure if his knee will need surgery.

Last edited by X-Era; 12-30-2013, 12:26 PM.

• lightningbolt444
    • Mar 2007

Re: EJ to start in 2014

WTF! I am all for him starting but make him earn it dont just hand it to him like that.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

Hope he learns all kinds of footwork before next season...and to thrown a football with a bit of accuracy.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Marones tying his career to EJ. If EJ bombs next year Marone better be gone too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this will put an end to all the draft a QB talk

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Makes sense, he's your first round pick, he's your guy. He may need that confidence this offseason with the way some fans reacted to Thad. Also puts the responsibility on him to make sure he's doing everything he can.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• T-Long
            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
            • Sep 2003

I'm confused...I thought Manuel wasn't available to the media today.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by T-Long View Post
              I'm confused...I thought Manuel wasn't available to the media today.
              It's Buffalo Bills official twitter. So, maybe he's not available to non-official media.

Or maybe they just aren't letting anyone talk to Jerry Sullivan... That's a good move.
              Last edited by X-Era; 12-30-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Ahhh a vote of confidence.

Everyone who's followed sports over the years knows what that generally means.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

I'm getting tired of this guy chronically telegraphing his choices. The rest of the league jots down his utterances and says "Thanks for the info!"
                  Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-30-2013, 12:34 PM.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Good. Hopefully this means that some people around here won't waste the next 4 months debating which qb we should draft.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      Makes sense, he's your first round pick, he's your guy. He may need that confidence this offseason with the way some fans reacted to Thad. Also puts the responsibility on him to make sure he's doing everything he can.
                      I like it.

Gives him every reason in the world to start to become the leader that he is well-known for being. I want to see him gather the receivers like Fitz did and throw in the off-season.

He can mentally prepare to be the starter and the guy going forward.

If he does, great. If not, so be it and move on.

But the Bills are showing all the confidence in him and I think he's the type of personality where he will be just that much better for it.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

how about hire him a QB coach right ****ing now and buy them a room together for the remainder of the offseason.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                          how about hire him a QB coach right ****ing now and buy them a room together for the remainder of the offseason.
                          Id rather he go work with Whitfield.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            I've been harping on getting a QB coach ever since Marrone was named HC. It makes sense, the only question is who should we bring in? One idea would be to promote Jason Vrable to QB coach and find another Quality Coach. As at least he has some experience according to http://coachingroots.com/football/coaches/jason-vrable of course I'd prefer someone with more NFL experience yet it doesn't look many options on Marrone's coaching trees unless we bring in Paul Hackett in but not sure if that be a slap in the son to Nate or note.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                              • Dec 2008

I'm torn on this one, I really am. EJ was 4-6 as a starter, but damn if he didn't do everything in his power for us to have won the:

Cleveland, New England, Atlanta and NYJ games.

Also crazy to think that had the Bills beaten Pittsburgh, that game against New England would have been to send US to the playoffs.

The line between success and failure in the NFL is razor thin. I hope the Bills organization knows what they're doing with this kid. At this time last year people we're ready to fire Ron Rivera, and we're saying Cam Newton was a locker room cancer because he didn't smile on the sideline. Now the Panthers are at home, just like us. The only difference being, after they stay home this weekend, theyll stay home the following weekend as well: to host an NFC divisional playoff game.

I would love to look back and laugh at how little confidence I had in EJ--but Cam came out of college with Sterling credentials and no lack of confidence/faith in his abilities from his fanbase.

So... I guess I'll just watch the games again next year expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Go EJ! Go Bills!

Comment

Working...
                              X