X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Do We Pick Up an Additional Year (2015) of Dareus at $7M Per Year

Beginning today and until May 3, the #Bills can pick up the fifth-year option on DT Marcell Dareus' rookie contract. Would cost about $7 mil

It was a tweet.

Dareus is under contract for 2014 as his 4th year of his rookie contact.

As much as I don`t want to leave a penny in Ralph`s wallet, I`m not sure about this.

I guess I lean towards doing it since I expect the money will not be used otherwise however it is a strange message to give making that move right after his two discipline episodes.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2013, 04:42 PM.
  • Downinfloflo
    Victimizing The Victimizer
    • Aug 2012

Re: Do We Pick Up an Additional Year (2015) of Dareus at $7M Per Year

Aside from being late to work, He has played well this year.And Williams is not getting any younger.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Trade the next Peters/Byrd.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Yes, they should exercise the option. If he didn't learn his lesson last week, he played in the second half yesterday like he did. The team, of course, got run over and around all day, but Dareus was all over the place when he was in.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

$7M? Absolutely!

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

He will be a beast next year.

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

Quitting on Dareus would be idiotic.

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Not knowing what his issue is, I sure can't say. I have trouble seeing Dareus as a malcontent, but there's something going on there for him to dork up 2 weeks in a row. I'll trust they know more than I do on this one and go along with whatever the organization does.

At the least, it will further define Whaley/Marrone/Brandon for better or worse depending on what happens with him.

I really want to see Dareus succeed and thrive, but my really wanting stuff like that never helped Losman or Edwards or Levi Brown succeed and thrive in their careers.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  Not knowing what his issue is, I sure can't say. I have trouble seeing Dareus as a malcontent, but there's something going on there for him to dork up 2 weeks in a row. I'll trust they know more than I do on this one and go along with whatever the organization does.

At the least, it will further define Whaley/Marrone/Brandon for better or worse depending on what happens with him.

I really want to see Dareus succeed and thrive, but my really wanting stuff like that never helped Losman or Edwards or Levi Brown succeed and thrive in their careers.
                  Tardiness for one thing.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

No.

He's really not as good as some people want to think he is and obviously his head isn't fully vested into the team.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                      Tardiness for one thing.
                      Well yeah, but why is he tardy, you big galoot ?
                      Last edited by Mace; 12-30-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Without a second thought.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Well yeah, but why is he tardy, you big galoot ?
                          Maybe he didn't feel tardy ?

Van Halen "Hot For Teacher": Oh wow, man that's a— Wait a second man What do you think the teacher's gonna look like this year? M...

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

Does he want to be in Buffalo? I mean, will he take $2 million? If he won't, we should definitely cut our losses now. It is not like he is going to get any better. I mean you have to go back like a whole 3 weeks to find people talking about how much better he has been getting.

Remember, when you spend the 3rd pick on a guy, you never, ever want to see him back at the end of his rookie contract. It is time to cut bait and get some fresh potential in here.

The last thing you want is continuity. You need to shake it up and let your better players walk. Or else you might miss out on the next super duper star that comes out of the draft.

This question should really be an easy one to answer.

Comment

• jimmifli
                              • Nov 2006

The answer is no.

You should use this time to do a new longterm deal. If you let him get to the final year of his contract he'll want to test the free agent market or require top DT money to resign. The time for a hometown discount is now.

Give him a new deal now, pay top dollar next season or lose him the season after.

Comment

Working...
                              X