X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Mid to late round OL that I think Buffalo will have high grades on

These are not in any particular order and are guys rated for rounds 3 or later

OT
    1. Morgan Moses UVA - Very good athlete could push to start at RT
    2. Cornelius Lucas KSU - Might be my favorite pick watched him against Jackson Jeffcoat and he did very well would start at RT
    3. Joel Bitonio Nevada - He is not as big as the other guys but I think he could be a could Guard candidate

OG
    1. Jon Halipo UF
    2. Brandon Linder UM
    3. Ryan Groy Wis - Great game against South Carolina and physical but not as athletic as the other two
    4. Andrew Norwall OSU
    5. Spencer Long Neb
    6. Andrew Rodriguez

These are just a few guys that I thought fit what it looks like our front office likes for OL.

Personally I would go Lucas as a RT as I think Moses will go way earlier than 4, then follow up with a Linder or Bitonio as my guard.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Mid to late round OL that I think Buffalo will have high grades on

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    These are not in any particular order and are guys rated for rounds 3 or later...
    Thanks - I appreciate the input.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

I do like Moses as an option in the mid rounds to address RT.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Spencer Long might be a first or second day pick had he not blown out his knee early in the season. He should be healthy by the time the season starts and could be a steal.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

There r three holes on the oline. If we wait till the mid to late rounds to address... guess what?

we'll have three holes on the oline still.

Comment

• cookie G
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
            There r three holes on the oline. If we wait till the mid to late rounds to address... guess what?

Its all well and good to take one of the later round guys with the hopes that he works out.

Just don't do it and plug him in as your starter and say "we're set at OL", as we've been doing forever.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Apr 2024

It is the same idiotic thinking here that is shared by the Bills.

A failure to invest early round draft picks into the OL because any fat guys can play OL.

Instead draft that shutdown CB or tall WR.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

3 holes? Not 100% sure about that.
                Questions to be answered yet...
                1) What is Hairston's status? Maybe not an answer at RT... Then again...
                2) Can Pears play G? I know this is a reach... Worth considering IMO.
                3) Is Urbik better between Woods and Glenn? I think yes!

All these questions need answers before addressing draft and free agency.
                Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-03-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                  3 holes? Not 100% sure about that.
                  Questions to be answered yet...
                  1) What is Hairston's status? Maybe not an answer at RT... Then again...
                  2) Can Pears play G? I know this is a reach... Worth considering IMO.
                  3) Is Urbik better between Woods and Glenn? I think yes!

All these questions need answers before addressing draft and free agency.
                  Hairston may be a serviceable RT. Pears sucks. Urbik's role should be our swing backup interior linemen.

if I'm calling the shots... our first two picks are offensive linemen.

stop ****ing around with crap linemen and build a decent one for once.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Interesting that San Diego went from giving up 4th most sacks in 2012 (49) to 4th least (30) in 2013.

I miss Joe D'Alessandris the o-line coach. Was really stupid not keeping him. Is even more stupid making a strength not a strength anymore, but who needs D'Alessandris and Levitre anyway, guards are easy to find and line coaches don't matter any.
                    Last edited by Mace; 01-03-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Hairston may be a serviceable RT. Pears sucks. Urbik's role should be our swing backup interior linemen.

if I'm calling the shots... our first two picks are offensive linemen.

stop ****ing around with crap linemen and build a decent one for once.
                      If Hairston is healthy I think he can be a very good RT and better than Pears.

But he may not be healthy.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

What is the scoop on Hairston anyway?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Interesting that San Diego went from giving up 4th most sacks in 2012 (49) to 4th least (30) in 2013.

I miss Joe D'Alessandris the o-line coach. Was really stupid not keeping him. Is even more stupid making a strength not a strength anymore, but who needs D'Alessandris and Levitre anyway, guards are easy to find and line coaches don't matter any.
                          I think what you've said here & similar posts about keeping assistants from a prior coaching regime miss something important-you're asking 2 guys, the new head coach and the prior regime's assistant to have a comfort level with a total stranger to each & work together with one guy being the boss, when both might feel better off associating with someone they already know and trust.
                          Like it or not, assistant coaching positions often come down to a form of nepotism, be it family or friends. A coach feels more comfortable working with people he already knows and hiring reflects this. Look at what happens when a new guy comes in mid-season, like Marv did in 1986. He works with the guys left over for the rest of the season, then when the season ends, he gets rid of most if not all of the guys he inherited. This is after he has had time to get to know the assistants. The guys he wants to replace are gone, regardless of their abilities. All coaching changes come with good assistants moving on for one reason or another & I bet about half the time the assistant doesn't want to be retained & work with the new boss any more than the new HC wants him around.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                            What is the scoop on Hairston anyway?
                            It's actually 3 scoops, 1 flavor each from Neapolitan. These lineman are big guys & 1 scoop just isn't enough.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                              • Feb 2005

Searching for clues at https://twitter.com/C_Hairston75

24 Aug

I get all the hard tests of life I must be in the advanced class or something

28 Aug
                              When a situation goes from bad to worse u actually find out who cares

29 Aug
                              Thankful for my life, health, & family it's so easy to take for granted until ur faced with ur mortality
                              Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-04-2014, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍